• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

Boston fans will always care more about baseball.

True but I think part of it might be due to the college town aspect of it. Baseball seems like a way more approachable sport for casual sports fans, especially college girls. The amount of Facebook and Instagram pictures I see from Fenway is monstrous, whereas I barely see anything for TD Garden or Gillette.

I want Super Mario Maker 3DS

Yeah no online is a bummer though

Tom Penny

True but I think part of it might be due to the college town aspect of it. Baseball seems like a way more approachable sport for casual sports fans, especially college girls. The amount of Facebook and Instagram pictures I see from Fenway is monstrous, whereas I barely see anything for TD Garden or Gillette.

Yeah no online is a bummer though
Care about baseball? You mean they care about posting on Facebook about it.
They don't know shit about baseball except that they play Sweet Caroline. They don't call them pink hats for nothing. There are hundreds of skits interviewing those girls. They know as much about the Red Sox as I know about Cricket.

ESPN Public EditorVerified account
‏@ESPNPublicEd
ESPN's Mark Gross says the network will broadcast live the national anthem before the MNF game between the 49ers & Rams on Sept. 12. (1/2)

Kap's America

Line_HTX

‏@ESPNPublicEd
ESPN's Mark Gross says the network will broadcast live the national anthem before the MNF game between the 49ers & Rams on Sept. 12. (1/2)

Kap's America

Oh, I see they reversed themselves after saying they would not broadcast the anthem.

Doomsayer

I was thinking the other day that I wished you guys still had Harbaugh. Those games were so exciting.

Can you imagine Pete, Harbs, and Arians going at it for a decade in the same division?

Friend, why do you do this? T_T

etab_21_46456565.jpg

Line_HTX

I always catch it when it's up on Apple music. I don't think it's very timely anyway on there.

Uh, it's very timely with @asot 's tracklist, and I would say it's very reliable. I've been following their Youtube stream every Thursday for a long while now since 750. I don't know what you mean here.

cdyhybrid

Uh, it's very timely with @asot 's tracklist, and I would say it's very reliable. I've been following their Youtube stream every Thursday for a long while now since 750. I don't know what you mean here.
ASOT streams on YouTube? What channel? I spotted following because it wasn't fully uploaded on iTunes and I didn't have di.fm premium.

Yeah I miss harbs too. 9ers division games were always exciting to see. Good thing we still have the cards.
I don't care about the rams cause they always manage to fuck us up somehow. Well maybe now that they're in LA that'll change.

Great read on the 1996 Ravens' season:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/oral-history-of-96-ravens-from-dodging-m-80s-in-cleveland-to-humble-start-in-baltimore-210858487.html

Buoyed by an incredible staff that featured six future head coaches and four future general managers, they engineered the greatest first-round drafting ever – picking eventual Hall of Famers Jonathan Ogden and Ray Lewis – and weathered the storm to build a Super Bowl team and one of the most enviable and stable NFL franchises.

Line_HTX

Not to keep harping on it, but I don't know why ESPN initially said they won't broadcast the anthem to begin with, like they're afraid of how big the story has gotten and how it moves forward or something.

Yeah I miss harbs too. 9ers division games were always exciting to see. Good thing we still have the cards.
I don't care about the rams cause they always manage to fuck us up somehow. Well maybe now that they're in LA that'll change.

They seem to find some way to fuck up Wussle for some reason, haha

I mean, what else are you going to do in all that downtime at Sox games for cheap.

oh yeah, you live in my neighborhood

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Not sure why you're confused.

I think the new episodes go up during the middle of the day usually about 7 days after the last one went up. Says the last one was posted 6 days ago so if there's a new episode out there, I don't expect it on Apple music until tomorrow. I just checked and all I see is 778 right now.

Line_HTX

Not sure why you're confused.

I think the new episodes go up during the middle of the day usually about 7 days after the last one went up. Says the last one was posted 6 days ago so if there's a new episode out there, I don't expect it on Apple music until tomorrow. I just checked and all I see is 778 right now.

Ehh, well, I don't check if it's on there afterwards because it's a live broadcast. I usually see past episodes on there like the same day, if not immediately.

In any case, he usually links the stream and of course look at the tracklist on the other account.

Meanwhile, the team was trying to connect with its community and start anew with its identity. That meant picking a new team nickname, a new logo and team colors.

David Modell: “We had no name. We had no colors. We had no history.”

Tony Cordwell, season-ticket holder since 1996: “I have a friend from college who is a Redskins fan but he will break out his Baltimore Browns T-shirt every now and then. They exist.”

Damn I would love that shirt.

‏@ESPNPublicEd

Kap's America

Are they going to have a camera crew at Kap's house to show him sitting on his couch?

Colasante

I want to see Barkevious Mingo play tonight. And I'm hoping that DJ Foster can show enough to challenge James White for the 3rd down back role on offense.

bionic77

I want to see Tom Brady not play.
Tom Penny post (my version): "I hope Brady plays and does not suffer a career ending injury. No really, I mean it."

"Also I hope all of the Ravens get acquited for all the murders they committed this summer. I would hate to see them rot in jail."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom