• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

They tried a similar thing, yeah. I think the biggest difference is that the handheld will output the same graphical fidelity as the big screen side of the system.
I think one rumor is that it will have more horsepower hooked up to the tv so you might get better graphics when docked.

Slo

I wasn't aware that I was going to have to do homework when I went back to school. Can't I just pay for the degree?

Come on.

Slo

Also, every year it seems like Viking rubes get all fired up about our how we have a log jam of amazing talent trying to be our RB4 and lamenting how there's no way we can get them all to our practice squad.

None of these guys are even gonna get a regular season carry.

Duxxy3

Log jam at RB just broke.

NE still need a RB??

Would not surprise me if Bill put in a waiver claim on a running back.

Bishop Sankey. Darren McFadden. Ronnie Hillman. Alex Collins/Troymaine Pope.

Those are the guys I've been keeping an eye on lately. RB3/4 on these teams might be RB2 on the Pats.

MechDX

Those are the guys I've been keeping an eye on lately. RB3/4 on these teams might be RB2 on the Pats.

That describes Hilliard also knows the base of the Patriots offense from being here in Houston. Gives him an edge I would believe

Hilliard really did some work this off season and remade himself. Smaller (was overweight last year), leaner and faster. I would rather keep him that Alfred "3 yards and fall down" Blue but BOB has some weird fascination with Blue

Colasante

I could see Sankey, so many Patriots beat writers have alluded to him that they're must be something to it, but otherwise I think they're better off developing DJ Foster.

Ron Mexico

Is there a such thing as a RB2 on the Pats? More like RB1-7 depending on the week and what the Hoodie had for breakfast.

Striker

My roster prediction for the G-Men.

Offense:

WR (6): Odell Beckham Jr., Sterling Shephard, Victor Cruz, Dwayne Harris, Tavarres King, Geremy Davis - Roger Lewis could push Davis off of the roster but Davis is a draft pick. I think he sticks. King did more than enough to earn his roster spot.
Davis provides ST work too, something I haven't seen Lewis do much of, and no one else does this except Harris. I think they keep six and five remain active with the inactive likely being King. We'll see w/ Cruz.

As for OL, gotta hope they scan the cuts because outside Hart and Beatty, I don't like the other backups.

Duxxy3

I could see Sankey, so many Patriots beat writers have alluded to him that they're must be something to it, but otherwise I think they're better off developing DJ Foster.

I like Foster so far. He's a good pass catcher and has a decent ability to create. He'll improve his pass blocking as most young backs do. I didn't see him run behind the first line, so I'm not sure what to expect there.

I would like to carry another back in case Blount goes down. Bolden, White and Foster are primarily pass catchers. Just not sure what we have for room.

MechDX

Terry McCormick
‏@terrymc13
With release of Poutasi, #Titans have only 4 members of 2015 class left. Started with 9

Hate when divisional rivals start to get a clue. Thank heavens for Grigson and Pagano in Indy

Eagles are shopping Eric Rowe reportedly. They have him at corner but he was a safety in college and that is a better fit for him. I bet they want a lot for him though.

Man my hate for Howie continues to grow. As soon as I saw Rowe out there at the very end of the game I knew howie was going to get rid of another Chip guy. If Wr wasnt such a mess I bet Matthews and Nelson would be on their way out as well. Rowe looked like he could really be something at times last year, it is despicable to get rid of him now. Especially when the Eagles have no good CBs on the team besides him.

By Eliot Shorr-Parks | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
on September 02, 2016 at 11:54 AM, updated September 02, 2016 at 12:28 PM

The Eagles are in the process of making their final cuts, and one of their top draft picks from last season could be on his way out.

According to a person familiar with the situation who requested anonymity, the Eagles are shopping cornerback Eric Rowe.

Rowe was a 2015 second-round pick, but that was when former head coach Chip Kelly was drafting, not Howie Roseman, who is now running the personnel department.

A personnel member from another organization in the NFC, speaking on condition of anonymity, told NJ Advance Media that the Eagles have been trying to trade Rowe for most of training camp.

It is unclear at this point if the Eagles would release Rowe if they are unable to find a trade partner.

Rowe was asked after the team's preseason finale against the Jets if he felt his roster spot was secure.

"I can't say that. That is not in my control," Rowe said. "All I can do is do my thing out in the game like I did today, so I can't say yes or no to that one."

A guess at the Eagles' 53-man roster

A guess at the Eagles' 53-man roster

The Eagles will soon be making their final cuts.

Rowe is currently buried deep down the depth chart, behind starters Leodis McKelvin, Nolan Carroll and Ron Brooks, and also behind backup Jalen Mills. In fact, Rowe might even be behind undrafted free agent CJ Smith, who got first-team reps with the defense last week.

The second-year cornerback has admitted to having a difficult time picking up new defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz's system.

"Yeah. It took me a while," Rowe said of adjusting. "I think Doug did a good job making the practices hard. But when we came out for the games, I was like 'This is cake. This is nothing now'. But I do think I fit this scheme, and this island man coverage he wants on the outside."

The Eagles have until Saturday at 4 p.m. EST to get their roster down to 53 players.

It would be very funny if they traded him in the division and then he turned out to be great.

MechDX

Pat Thorman
‏@Pat_Thorman
@DanStrafford can imagine/relate, as a NY Islander fan. If anything, Hack makes me more bullish on Osweiler. OB can make lemonade of lemons.

This is seriously on point. Everyone just criticized the Osweiler signing "lulz 72 million!!?!?!" but not many took what O'Brien achieves with QB's into account.

Colasante

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Patriots put in waiver claims on G/T Jeremiah Poutasi and Bishop Sankey. I'd bet they're looking for an upgrade to Aaron Dobson for their 5th WR spot as well.

Colasante

What has he achived with any other NFL QB so far?

uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christian%20Bale.gif

You already forgot about last season? Because, ya know, he brought a Brian Hoyer-led team to the playoffs.

MechDX

What has he achived with any other NFL QB so far?

Fitz and Hoyer had their best years under him.

Yates came in after 2 weeks on the roster and beat an undefeated Bengals team on MNF and a good Jets team that was fighting for a playoff birth.

Weeden had two weeks on the roster and beat Indy and the Titans to clinch the division. Brandon Weeden....

He took shitty to mediocre QB's and won important games. Osweiler has a better skillset than all of the QB's I mentioned.

I dont expect you to understand though since you think Chip is some kind of genius and Bradford is just misunderstood.

Man my hate for Howie continues to grow. As soon as I saw Rowe out there at the very end of the game I knew howie was going to get rid of another Chip guy. If Wr wasnt such a mess I bet Matthews and Nelson would be on their way out as well. Rowe looked like he could really be something at times last year, it is despicable to get rid of him now. Especially when the Eagles have no good CBs on the team besides him.

Dude the Eagles have three CBs better than Rowe. He's a better fit at safety. Doesn't have the hip mobility for CB. They also have a ton of depth at safety. I don't think they'll cut him but I think he makes a good trade piece.

uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christian%20Bale.gif

You already forgot about last season? Because, ya know, he brought a Brian Hoyer-led team to the playoffs.

Last year Hoyer completed 60% of his passes for 2600 yards. The argument is that Bob is a QB whisperer, not that he inherated a solid defense and that the defense has carried the team through poor QB play.

Dude the Eagles have three CBs better than Rowe. He's a better fit at safety. Doesn't have the hip mobility for CB. They also have a ton of depth at safety. I don't think they'll cut him but I think he makes a good trade piece.

McKelvin is 31 years old, Carroll is 29. Top depth, Brooks, is 27. Rowe is only 23, but sure get rid of him and in 2 years when guys like McKelvin are out of the league they will be scrambling to find CBs. Glad to see Howie is really looking towards the teams future.

MechDX

Last year Hoyer completed 60% of his passes for 2600 yards. The argument is that Bob is a QB whisperer, not that he inherated a solid defense and that the defense has carried the team through poor QB play.

Who the hell said that? I mean I guess you could depending on what your interpretation of that title means. Fact is he has shown time and time again he knows how to maximize what he gets out of a QB and minimize the mistakes. A small thing in your mind obviously but not a trait many coaches in the NFL have. Chip Kelly sure as hell doesnt have it

The lack of any type of real offense is also what completely killed them at the end of last season. Defense didnt lose that game to KC, Brian Hoyers meltdown and 5 turnovers did. You ride a fine line when you do maximize a QB's potential because it is being held together by string and Hoyers finally broke.

Line_HTX

It's been proven that we were correct in not drafting Jaknberg over signing Brock.

Brock has put the work and effort in the entire time so he's doing better than what all of you people said, ESPECIALLY YH.

You have no case and been dead fucking wrong the entire offseason.

h1nch

Fitz and Hoyer had their best years under him.

Yates came in after 2 weeks on the roster and beat an undefeated Bengals team on MNF and a good Jets team that was fighting for a playoff birth.

Weeden had two weeks on the roster and beat Indy and the Titans to clinch the division. Brandon Weeden....

He took shitty to mediocre QB's and won important games. Osweiler has a better skillset than all of the QB's I mentioned.

I dont expect you to understand though since you think Chip is some kind of genius and Bradford is just misunderstood.

Osweiler has a misspelled tattoo. His ceiling is Jay Cutler.

MechDX

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 1m1 minute ago
With release of Antonio Allen and Dan Pettinato, Texans at 56 players.

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 1m1 minute ago
Texans may need to make five more roster moves since they will activate J.J. Watt and could also activate Duane Brown, too.

Watt and Brown being activated?

635529812277956276688605342_puppy8.gif

Tom Penny

Who the hell said that? I mean I guess you could depending on what your interpretation of that title means. Fact is he has shown time and time again he knows how to maximize what he gets out of a QB and minimize the mistakes. A small thing in your mind obviously but not a trait many coaches in the NFL have. Chip Kelly sure as hell doesnt have it

The lack of any type of real offense is also what completely killed them at the end of last season. Defense didnt lose that game to KC, Brian Hoyers meltdown and 5 turnovers did. You ride a fine line when you do maximize a QB's potential because it is being held together by string and Hoyers finally broke.
He failed on Mallet who should have been a top 10 qb.

MechDX

He failed on Mallet who should have been a top 10 qb.

Look. Ultimately the head coach can not be held accountable for a QB not buying a properly working alarm clock. Thats just too much to ask for

Russell S. Baxter ‏@BaxFootballGuru 9m9 minutes ago Wallingford, CT
Only 6 days left to get your Super Bowl LI pick in. I have #Texans over #Seahawks. Well?

The Super Bowl that Chris deserves. Media Whore Bowl I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom