• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

In all seriousness I do worry about him now. He already has the ribs, and now Daniels is the only thing in front of him. Hope he can protect himself, if he does some of the running he did in college he might die. Also personally not confident Ryan Mattews will stay healthy for the whole year.

You're right about Mathews, but our starting OL isn't nearly as bad as people think it is. Wentz got hurt playing with 3rd string OL. Our line isn't dominant but it's not the dumpster fire people think it is.

MechDX

Crb9GSDWcAAL7rs.jpg

Slo

Dude it is a 1st and a 4th for a QB that played well last year coming off a serious injury in a really tough position. Sam has looked really good this preseason and will do well for you guys. I think he is a definite upgrade over teddy.

Friend, your team thought so highly of Bradford that you just spent the #2 overall pick on a Ginger from a Div-II team to replace him.

Yeah, this looks worse for the eagles than it does for the vikings.

In no version of this timeline does this look "worse" for the Eagles. They just committed pure highway robbery on a desperate team, offloaded what was a stupid fucking contract for a average, injury prone QB and have what they believe to be their QB of the future on the roster (whether that's the case or not is debatable).

I have also never been more convinced McCarthy and Capers will have jobs for life

Packers will always make the playoffs now. This is "rest of division fucking up worse every time Patriots make mistake" level Bad

Friend, your team thought so highly of Bradford that you just spent the #2 overall pick on a Ginger from a Div-II team to replace him.

its not bradford's skill that's the problem, it's his age and injury history. He might have one or two more seasons in him- you can't build a team around that guy.

In no version of this timeline does this look "worse" for the Eagles. They just committed pure highway robbery on a desperate team, offloaded what was a stupid fucking contract for a average, injury prone QB and have what they believe to be their QB of the future on the roster (whether that's the case or not is debatable).

I'm not confident at all that Wentz is ready to lead the eagles offense- but then again I'm skeptical of green college QBs across the board. Chase daniel is even worse, I don't know how that guy even has a job.

The eagles trade looks "great" if you're committed to this being a rebuilding year and don't care about making the playoffs. If you're a fan that doesn't want to see the eagles get dismantled by bad teams all year, it isn't.

Yeah, this looks worse for the eagles than it does for the vikings. Bradford isn't great but he's better than he's given credit for.

Nobody would have had a winning record with the lack of O-line and complete meltdown on the coaching end the eagles had last year. I don't care if you put Tom Brady in there he still would have gone 7-9.

yep. Bradford has been solid all preseason. He's a little old and has a risk of injury, but with decent protection he can carry a good team, which the vikings are outside of the unexpected QB situation. The vikings will absolutely do better than the eagles this year, book it.
Hey man no well thought-out posts please. Hot takes only in here.

How are you not ecstatic about fleecing us?
I would rather have a good QB especially in a year in which the nfceast is super weak.

Antisemitism always finds a way.
Man fuck you what an awful thing to accuse someone of. I guess every time you ever say anything negative about a black player it is because you are a huge racist, right? Howie has done a terrible job as gm. Almost 10 years since he joined the front office and not a single playoff win.

KingBroly

Banned
He swore up and down Eagles would get a 1st for Bradford. Everyone (including me) thought he was crazy

He predicted the Eagles would get a first for Bradford. Which not a single person here with a lick of football knowledge agreed with.

Speilman just spit in the face of a collective NFL GAF

The sad part is they didn't JUST get a 1st round pick for him. They also got a 4th.

its not bradford's skill that's the problem, it's his age and injury history. He might have one or two more seasons in him- you can't build a team around that guy.
It's not even just that.. It's that contract too.

Assuming Teddy's career is over and he isn't the same.. They could have ran to get a journeyman QB in McCown or if they were really that desperate Ponder or some one else again and ran with him for a season, drafted Kaaya or Watson, ran with the journeyman QB for another season to allow the draft pick to get ready and weather the storm for the next two seasons and make a run for the division.

Now he's done in a year.. I would be surprised if he reups with them and then the Vikings are left hlosing nothing but a bag of shit.. It's a bad move.

fep

At least with Sam the Eagles were interesting. Chase Daniels has looked horrendous. This season already had a chance of being boring and now it's definitely trending that way.

Good trade for us though, didn't think we'd get a 1st for Bradford.

I have mixed feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom