• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

So let's review:

Eagles sign Bradford with a $11 million signing bonus over two years, so $5.5M each.

Then:

Offload two underperforming players, one with a terrible contract, to go up to 8.

Trade 8, 3rd and 4th this year, 2017 1st, and 2018 2nd for 2 and 2017 4th.

Trade Bradford for 2017 1st and 2018 4th.

So, moved up to 2 for essentially 13, 2016 3rd and 4th, and 2018 2nd. And in return get 2018 4th. Plus a mere 5.5M cap hit the next two years.

Not too shabby

It's not even just that.. It's that contract too.

Assuming Teddy's career is over and he isn't the same.. They could have ran to get a journeyman QB in McCown or if they were really that desperate Ponder or some one else again and ran with him for a season, drafted Kaaya or Watson, ran with the journeyman QB for another season to allow the draft pick to get ready and weather the storm for the next two seasons and make a run for the division.

Now he's done in a year.. I would be surprised if he reups with them and then the Vikings are left hlosing nothing but a bag of shit.. It's a bad move.
What are you talking about? Sam is signed for this year and next. If he plays well, which he will, they could rework his contract for the following season. This move gives them insurance Incase teddy doesn't recover.

At least with Sam the Eagles were interesting. Chase Daniels has looked horrendous. This season already had a chance of being boring and now it's definitely trending that way.

Good trade for us though, didn't think we'd get a 1st for Bradford.

I have mixed feelings.

Daniels is just abysmal. What are the odds we start Wentz instead?

edit: fuck

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/03/chase-daniel-becomes-eagles-starter-carson-wentz-no-2/

yep, this is going to be a 4-12 season

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
This is even more mind boggling than trading for Trent Richardson.

I know everyone laughed at the Eagles for keeping Bradford but wow did they get the last laugh. Unreal. Pretty decent shot they got a top 10 overall pick for a guy who has no business being a starting QB for a team trying to win.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
What if Bradford balls out, and Wentz just dosent work out.... ��

This has been the what if for his entire fucking career.

He's not a good NFL QB even when hes healthy and hes never healthy.

The fact the Eagles got a 1st round pick for him is beyond absurd.

He'll start before the end of the season. Even with Bradford, this team wasn't beating anyone in the off chance they make the playoffs, so who cares how much Daniel sucks?

See, here's the thing.

I'm from Philly. love it here, its great, wouldn't live anywhere else.

HOWEVER

This is an absolutely miserable sports town, especially when it comes to the Eagles. Fans are extremely touchy, moody, and sensitive.
If Daniels is starting, you're looking at a season where the eagles don't just miss the playoffs, but get blown out by mediocre to bad teams all year. The entire city is going to be a festering shitpile of misery.

I enjoy going to the bars on sunday and commisserating with fans while we watch an eagles win or a close loss. NO ONE likes watching them get dismantled.

A bad eagles team makes my life miserable from now until january.

SummitAve

Banned
This is even more mind boggling than trading for Trent Richardson.

I know everyone laughed at the Eagles for keeping Bradford but wow did they get the last laugh. Unreal. Pretty decent shot they got a top 10 overall pick for a guy who has no business being a starting QB for a team trying to win.

How is it a likely top 10 pick? Vikings are expecting it to be low as they are in no position to tank anything. Teddy couldn't throw more than 20 yards downfield and still brought them to 11-7. They have a good D and AP, who any QB can hand the ball to, no way are they bottom 10.

This is an absolutely miserable sports town, especially when it comes to the Eagles.
If Daniels is starting, you're looking at a season where the eagles don't just miss the playoffs, but get blown out by mediocre to bad teams all year. The entire city is going to be a festering shitpile of misery.

......so the usual, then? I'm in Harrisburg and spend plenty of time in Philly. It's fucking miserable regardless when it comes to the Eagles. Even if Daniels starts, the calls for Wentz will be immediate and if he struggles? Good luck. The honeymoon period will be non-existent.

How is it a likely top 10 pick? Vikings are expecting it to be low as they are in no position to tank anything. Teddy couldn't throw more than 20 yards downfield and still brought them to 11-7.

I'd be shocked if Vikings aren't at least a wikdcard team. Their defense is too good.

Ptaaty

As a Vikes fan I am torn.

Pros:
1. Bradford is just about as good as was possible to fill this gap. He really isn't a long range threat to Teddy, starter material (not top tier obviously), really no one the vikes could get for a 1st round who would be better.
2. The team has been exceptional in FA and drafting in the past 2-3 years. They are loaded all over the roster and very young.
3. First rounds are no guarantee and if they do well...this would be a late 1st....esp QBs.

Cons:
1. Highway robbery. Bottom line - Eagles dumped a QB controversy, saved a crap deal and got a first.
2. Vikes expect Teddy not to start for 2017 opener. This is a two year gap desperation solution.

See, here's the thing.

HOWEVER

This is an absolutely miserable sports town, especially when it comes to the Eagles. Fans are extremely touchy, moody, and sensitive.

I enjoy going to the bars on sunday and commisserating with fans while we watch an eagles win or a close loss. NO ONE likes watching them get dismantled.

Wentz has broken ribs, Daniels is starting week one. Unless you want this to get even more insane of a set of circumstances and the Eagles new franchise QB gets permahurt too

Vikes should have traded for Sanchez. We'd have accepted just a 1st round pick, without the conditional 4th.

To put this in perspective. Horrible QB Mark Sanchez has had 83 INTs/Fumbles the past 5 seasons. Bradford? 89 INTs/Fumbles.

Honestly don't even think Bradford is an upgrade over Shaun Hill. This is the most desperate trade I've ever seen.

Sam Bradford had 19 TDs and 24 INTs/Fumbles last season in 14 starts, Shaun Hill had 16 TDs and 12 INTs [3 fumbles] in 10 starts in 2010.

MechDX

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 22s23 seconds ago
Per source, the 2018 fourth-round pick that the Eagles get can become a 3 or even a 2. Triggers based on Vikings team success with Bradford.

damn Vikings

......so the usual, then?

absolutely not. There hasn't been a "bad" eagles season since 2012. The last couple years have been absolutely nothing compared to how awful it was to live here that year.

I'm in Harrisburg

I'm sorry.

a It's fucking miserable regardless when it comes to the Eagles.

People in glass houses and all that.

Wentz has broken ribs, Daniels is starting week one. Unless you want this to get even more insane of a set of circumstances and the Eagles new franchise QB gets permahurt too

yeah, even completely healthy I wouldn't be sold on Wentz starting. he's just too green and needs time to develop. It's going to be a bad year for us, with maybe a better one next year depending on who we can draft.

Beach

While giving up a first the Vikings are a better team then they were a week ago on paper

Rather have them wait year by year on whether Teddy will come back and throw 14 TDs a season or not is not really that ideal when the best player in your franchise's history and the only reason why you have an offensive threat only has a few good years left in him

Maybe it's because I'm a Raider fan but giving up a late first for a chance to be highly competitive in the division and what should be a wild card spot the next two years is an easy choice to make

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
How is it a likely top 10 pick? Vikings are expecting it to be low as they are in no position to tank anything. Teddy couldn't throw more than 20 yards downfield and still brought them to 11-7. They have a good D and AP, who any QB can hand the ball to, no way are they bottom 10.

Maybe not likely but theres a chance of the season bottoming out to 6-10 or 7-9. You're giving away a key pick for a guy who is marginally better than Shaun Hill with the chance it goes horribly wrong.

Hindl

See, here's the thing.

HOWEVER

Just remind them of 1999 and then what the next 7 years were like

damn Vikings

Holy shit need to see those details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom