• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
My plan is to keep developing Carson. Again: Sam, Chase, Carson,” Pederson said, reiterating the order of the quarterbacks on the depth chart. “Carson has a lot to learn, not only from the playbook, but just how to be a professional quarterback, how to handle the media, how to handle Philadelphia, his teammates, get to know his teammates.

“There’s a lot involved, and that’s the beauty of having two veteran guys in front of Carson Wentz. That’s the plan. Keep developing Carson and keep developing Chase and get Sam ready to go for opening day.”

Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2...arson-wentz-sam-bradford/#2MbycbBxWWsvy0du.99

Lololol

fep

Trade makes enough sense for both parties, but obviously it will be polarizing.

Howie is an opportunist. That's the Eagle's plan.

I'm warming back up for this season now that the Bradford trade has stewed for a few hours... I mean we still have the same questionable WR corp and I think my optimism was shading my expectations. I'm excited to see Wentz play sooner than expected and I'm a fan of the 'toss in fire' approach in general. Hopefully Nelson steps up, would love to see Matthews progress, and DGB is a nice question mark.

D is really banking on that front line. I'm hoping Hicks is for real, worried Kendricks is a bust, and we don't have much depth at LB or DB. I like our starting safeties and think we can field passable CBs. Might get flak, but I have a small amount of optimism for Marcus Smith this year, lol.

Hindl

Skins are clear favs imo.

Giants have a great offense and if those FA signing pay off I don't see how they don't take it. Maybe I'm still burned by Foles but I need to see one more year from Kirk before I believe he's the real deal. If he is then sure, I just don't trust him

gutshot

A.) That was almost 4 months ago now.
B.) If a team is willing to offer you a 1st rounder for a QB you are likely going to cut at the end of the year anyway, you take it. Even if it means you have to change your original "plan".
C.) Chase Daniel sucks.

The only thing I think about with Wentz possibly playing so soon is him reinjuring the ribs and really having a major setback

....and the Eagles being fucked

A.) That was almost 4 months ago now.
B.) If a team is willing to offer you a 1st rounder for a QB you are likely going to cut at the end of the year anyway, you take it. Even if it means you have to change your original "plan".
C.) Chase Daniel sucks.

What changed? Carson Wentz got hurt and is now even less prepared. you lost an o-lineman so now Wentz has even less protection. It's setting him up to fail and get injured.

Duxxy3

I'd rather keep Derby and Harbor than to have have an extra receiver.

edit: That super back guy is out there too...

squicken

Not buying it. Eli is the best qb in the division and they are getting Cruz back. Obj and Cruz are going to eat secondaries alive.

1. Spags sucks
2. Norman will either shut down ODB or kill him
3. Giants annual injury apocalypse
4. Skins GM is best in division. Trust their depth more
5. Kirk is meh but he's no Foles

Ron Mexico

Well, not the worst.

Point taken. But to be fair, Walker was at least a bona fide star in '89.

That trade was terrible (and you're right, probably worse than this debacle), but it wasn't really elevated to the level it is now if all those picks don't become the nucleus of the Cowboys' run.

So that said, 2nd worst 1st round blunder is a compromise I can live with.

What changed? Carson Wentz got hurt and is now even less prepared. you lost an o-lineman so now Wentz has even less protection. It's setting him up to fail and get injured.
What changed is now the NFL draft is in Philadelphia so howie needed a first-round pick so that all the pundits would be talking about him during the draft

squicken

that shirt

CrckhqIXEAAua9e.jpg:large

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Browns trading former first-round CB Justin Gilbert to the Pittsburgh Steelers, per league source. Rare in-division trade.

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Hindl

Wow Pennsylvania is a lot prettier than I thought it would be. Gotta visit Philly, Yankee's been hyping it for years....

Philly's pretty cool, just has a bad rap. It's like what a lot of places like Brooklyn were like 10 years ago. It's been pretty shitty so it's cheap to live there, but college kids and young professionals are starting to flock to it, which is bringing a lot of pretty cool stuff. Plus there's a lot of homegrown culture there

Colasante

Players available when the Browns drafted Justin Gilbert 8th overall: Odell Beckham Jr., Aaron Donald, Zack Martin, Teddy Bridgewater, Derek Carr, Jason Verrett, Anthony Barr, Allen Robinson. Sad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom