• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Players available when the Browns drafted Justin Gilbert 8th overall: Odell Beckham Jr., Aaron Donald, Zack Martin, Teddy Bridgewater, Derek Carr, Jason Verrett, Anthony Barr, Allen Robinson. Sad!

This is what has always bugged me about the JFF bust arguments. He's not even the biggest bust of his own team's draft class that year

This is what has always bugged me about the JFF bust arguments. He's not even the biggest bust of his own team's draft class that year

No, he absolutely is. Gilbert's terrible but at least he 1) is still in the league, 2) hasn't been in and out of jail, and 3) hasn't been in and out of rehab

Ron Mexico

I wouldn't call the Vikings stupid. They think they have a real shot to go far this season so why not make a risky move to go for it?

I say this as a Falcons fan staring down another 8-8 season, but if Sam Bradford is "going for it", I hope "it" is 7-9.

Edit: I even like Minnesota. I think Zimmer is a hell of a coach, an Arians-lite even. Just living in the Philly suburbs as a non-Eagles fan gives a ton of insight.

effzee

So you're right. But be honest here, the Eagles make the playoffs. Do you honestly think this team, even with Sam Bradford, was making it out of the wildcard round? Do you think they could beat the Cards, Hawks, Packers, or Panthers in the postseason? If not, what's the point? The only reason to make the playoffs this year would be to gloat and deny the other NFCEast teams a division title. This team needs more pieces on offense before they can compete in the top tier.

Who knows? You never know who else on what team gets hurt and once you are in the playoffs you can go far.

I mean I thought the plan was to develop Wentz for a year since he wasn't ready now. That's what we were told the whole time. I'd much rather have a team compete and root for a playoff run, while the future sits and learns, then to sit through another shitty season.

And what does this do to his development? He is being rushed with mediocre WRs, so so at RB, good group of TEs, and now with Lane suspended missing the RT.

Hooray but we got a 1st round pick!

effzee

I think resigning Bradford was Plan A but once it became apparent that they had a shot at Wentz, who they loved, he became the new Plan A. According to reports, Roseman had been shopping Bradford behind the scenes since the draft, but the price he wanted (two 2nd rounders, reportedly) was too high for other teams. So they kept him and sold the team/fanbase on wanting to bring Wentz along slowly.

That was the plan only after Bradford demanded a trade. Their original plan was to keep him and go for a playoff run this season.

Things have obviously changed with the Vikings desperate for a QB and offering way more than Roseman's original asking price. And apparently they really like what they've seen from Wentz so far and feel he is ready to start.

I doubt it. That sounds like PR after they got a deal they couldn't pass up.

I honestly could not care less about winning the division if they don't have a legit shot of winning it all. And they weren't going to win it all with Bradford. They might with Wentz. So why not just make him the guy now and see what happens?

So you only go for playoffs if you are the clear cut #1 seed?

And what was the Wentz development plan? Sit or play right away? Or was that all dependent on IF someone offered a 1st for Bradford?

effzee

Jets are expected to waive Dee Milliner per Rapoport.

Wasn't he a top 10 pick?

I say this as a Falcons fan staring down another 8-8 season, but if Sam Bradford is "going for it", I hope "it" is 7-9.

Edit: I even like Minnesota. I think Zimmer is a hell of a coach, an Arians-lite even. Just living in the Philly suburbs as a non-Eagles fan gives a ton of insight.

Well I mean if I am the Vikings GM I go for Sanchez or even see if Kaep is available.

But I like that they aren't calling the season off after the injury.

Slo

Three and a half 2nd round kickers.

LmkeVqQ.gif

squicken

Jets releasing Milner and Amaro. I really thought Amaro was going to be good. I wonder if there is some bts drama there

e: Slo plz

e2:

Ryan Talbot ‏@RyanTalbotBills

Browns 1st rounders 11-14
P. Taylor: Released
Richardson: Traded
B. Weeden: Released
B. Mingo: Traded
J. Gilbert: Traded
Manziel: Out of NFL

Hindl

Who knows? You never know who else on what team gets hurt and once you are in the playoffs you can go far.

I mean I thought the plan was to develop Wentz for a year since he wasn't ready now. That's what we were told the whole time. I'd much rather have a team compete and root for a playoff run, while the future sits and learns, then to sit through another shitty season.

And what does this do to his development? He is being rushed with mediocre WRs, so so at RB, good group of TEs, and now with Lane suspended missing the RT.

Hooray but we got a 1st round pick!

I think the plan was to develop and sit him, and start him later this year if he came along. But the opportunity to get a 1st for a QB you're moving on from anyway is too good to pass up. I'm worried about throwing him out into the fire, I don't agree with that move. Like Walrus said I'd prefer they at least wait till after the bye. I'm not going to defend that decision. Still, if you're gonna start a new QB against a defense, it may as well be the Browns

:jnc Slo

Ron Mexico

Wasn't he a top 10 pick?

Well I mean if I am the Vikings GM I go for Sanchez or even see if Kaep is available.

But I like that they aren't calling the season off after the injury.

Sanchez and Kaepernick could each have been had for less than half the Aguayos that it cost for Bradford.

Shaun Hill would have led them to the same record and he was already on the roster.

It's ok though. Kudos to Philly for stealing a 1. Danny Watkins' don't fall from trees you know.

And Milliner was #9 overall. Brutal.

Trading Gilbert in division to the steelers. What a disrespectful trade towards Gilbert.

Browns are 2nd on waiver claims.
Gabriel really fell off after his great rookie year. Thankfully we're just less starved for receivers in general now
Yeah he actually did have a decent rookie year. And yes thank tebow the team got some Wrs. In 2 years farmer drafted 1 wr, and he didn't even make the team.
And thus ends, by far, the funniest Browns 1st round draft I've ever seen
Honestly the verdict is still out on Farmers 2nd crop of 1st round picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom