• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwnage2u

Banned
As a Vikings fan I am completely opposed to this trade. I would of preferred Aj McCarron from the Bengals for a 3Rd or even a 2nd. I think Bradford is a complete disaster waiting to happen.

MechDX

As a Vikings fan I am completely opposed to this trade. I would of preferred Aj McCarron from the Bengals for a 3Rd or even a 2nd. I think Bradford is a complete disaster waiting to happen.

Problem with decent to good back ups is that is a rarity. Teams won't give them up easily.

Colasante

I thought he outplayed every corner except for Butler, Ryan and Cyrus. Good ball skills, tackles well, supports the run.

Yeah, I liked him too, but most of the handwringing over players getting through waivers turns out to be for nothing. There'll be a lot of good players released today, so I wouldn't be surprised if LeBlanc slipped through. But I will be bummed if he can't, he definitely earned a spot over Jonathan Jones by the end of camp.

squicken

A 1st and a 4th is a lot to get for anyone in a trade. It just sucks to lose out on a very good QB especially in a year in which every team in the division is fucking terrible.

It's a great trade for Philly on paper. It looks like a tank at first glance, but maybe they really are that excited by Wentz

MechDX

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 9m9 minutes ago
Texans rookie defensive lineman Joel Heath is expected to make the 53-man roster. Texans don't want to expose him to waivers

Devon Still likely released now.

‏@SI_PeterKing
Minneapolis -Asked restaurant host: "God, did you hear about Sam Bradford?"
Host: "No."
Me: "Traded. For a first rounder."
Thought he would cry.

It's a great trade for Philly on paper. It looks like a tank at first glance, but maybe they really are that excited by Wentz
It is interesting that all of these reports about how much the eagles love Wentz are coming out now that they have traded their starter. Where were they last week?

squicken

It is interesting that all of these reports about how much the eagles love Wentz are coming out now that they have traded their starter. Where were they last week?

Yeah I don't believe any of that. Howie got an offer he couldn't refuse. And Bradford's agent is an idiot. Got totally played by Howie. Aside from drafting players Howie is a great GM

gutshot

I don't get feeling less excited about this season now, if you are an Eagles fan. Were you really looking forward to another year of Sam Bradford? Were you looking forward to going 7-9 and missing out on the Wild Card by a couple games?

Now they may end up with a worse record, but this season is all about Wentz's development. That is way more interesting to me than a wasted year with Bradford under center. There was no way they were winning the Super Bowl with one or even two years of Bradford. Only way they win it all at some point in the next 5 years is if Wentz is the real deal. Now we get to find out sooner rather than later. (Oh, and we have a first round pick again now!)

It's a win-win IMO.

Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane 34m34 minutes ago
Howie Roseman had been peddling Sam Bradford, but price was steep. Teddy Bridgewater injury made Vikings meet the high demands. #Eagles win.

apparently the eagles had been trying to offload bradford for some time, but were asking a lot. This happened to put minnesota in a situation where they couldn't turn it down.

apparently the eagles had been trying to offload bradford for some time, but were asking a lot. This happened to put minnesota in a situation where they couldn't turn it down.

Which makes sense. The stars had to align for them to get as much as they did for Bradford. Anyone check to see if Pepiope was at Vikings camp with a baseball bat? :)

So 1st rounder for Bradford, what the fuck where the other teams asking for? The whole draft plus your unborn child? Shit. Well good luck Vikings Gaf, maybe Bradford finally revitalizes his career with you guys.

mjc

So 1st rounder for Bradford, what the fuck where the other teams asking for? The whole draft plus your unborn child? Shit. Well good luck Vikings Gaf, maybe Bradford finally revitalizes his career with you guys.

The odds are....not in Minnesota's favor.

The other teams likely weren't offering anyone as good as Bradford was, but still wanted that first round pick

Hindl

It makes sense. He was a short timer in Philly. In Minnesota, he is their present and future. It will be curious to see how long it take him to become the starter

I'd assume he starts right away, he can probably coast on the first few games just handing the ball off while he learns the Offense. Plus, given when Teddy injured his knee, there's a decent chance Bradford plays at least a little in the 2017 season too. This is pretty much exactly what he wanted, he gets to go to a team built for success and have a bit of time to prove himself.

Crb9GSDWcAAL7rs.jpg

:jnc

Perfection

squicken

My worry for the Vikes is that the owners imposed this trade b/c of the new stadium. A 1st is way too much given just the injury history, not to mention the 2018 pick

effzee

Here we go:

Jeff McLane ✔ @Jeff_McLane
#Eagles are over the moon about Carson Wentz, even just based on one preseason session. If healthy, he should start in Game 1.
8:39 AM - 3 Sep 2016

Sorry Carson, hope you dont get to beat up this year.

I hope they are right. I really hope so cause I just signed up for Sunday ticket to watch this piece of shit team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom