• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
200.gif

Colasante

This is a surprise: #Packers are planning to cut long-time starting guard Josh Sitton, sources say,

I don't pay much attention to Green Bay's offensive line but this seems like a big surprise to me. I'd have to imagine the Patriots would be interested in him with their injuries at guard.

Marc Sessler
Marc Sessler – Verified account ‏@MarcSesslerNFL

Browns now own Philly's 2017 1st-rounder plus the Titans '17 2nd, Pats '17 5th, Eagles '18 2nd, Panthers '18 4th & Steelers '18 6th. #Sashi
Sushi Brown.

A lot of college players are scared now!

ESPN's reporting that the Packers are trying to get rid of Josh Sitton. Seems... odd?

Admittedly i don't know how good the other interior linemen have looked in camp.

gutshot

That was the plan only after Bradford demanded a trade. Their original plan was to keep him and go for a playoff run this season.

I doubt it. That sounds like PR after they got a deal they couldn't pass up.

So you only go for playoffs if you are the clear cut #1 seed?

And what was the Wentz development plan? Sit or play right away? Or was that all dependent on IF someone offered a 1st for Bradford?

Look, you have to be flexible and take advantage of opportunities as they come. It's possible they truly planned on sitting Wentz for the season prior to today, but when you can get a 1st round pick for a guy who everyone knows does not have a future on the team, you do it. You don't hold to some rigid "plan" just because.

Also, I have no idea what their original plan was but I'm guessing that the fact that they sold everyone on the Bradford starting/Wentz sitting plan probably helped in their trade negotiations.

Romeo Okwara and Roger Lewis officially made the final 53 for the Giants. Good for them. Especially Okwara who was excellent all preseason. Deserved to make it.

Giants may actually have a Giants worthy defensive line this year.

wat

that makes no sense at all
Last year of contract, was recovering from injuries, old enough to consider replacing... ???

I don't know, still doesn't make a lot of sense. Glad we were able to solidify the interior O-line this preseason though. smh

Eleuin

If he's not hurt why not just let him play his final year

Barclay and Taylor are booty cheeks tebow christ

I need a drink

Greg

Last year of contract, was recovering from injuries, old enough to consider replacing... ???

I don't know, still doesn't make a lot of sense. Glad we were able to solidify the interior O-line this preseason though. smh
I wouldn't understand the move even if he was depth... Taylor? Barclay?

it's all good though - Rodgers isn't important to the team's success!

chadskin

MMehtaNYDN: To clarify on Milliner: Jets announced former first-round pick was waived/injured (hammy). He'd revert to the team's IR if he clears waivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom