• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

request__new_england_patriots_by_amaterasuomikami.jpg
Wonderful!

jmood88

Today we get to see if the Saints' defense has truly improved in any way or if it has just been the usual training camp bullshit.

Hunter S.

Well, apparently, I can not even share my pics of mooning Lambaue Field. I mean damn, we all have asses. Male and female. I blame Trump and the Pats for the injustica.

MechDX

Tebow is such a got damn attention whore.

Ironic how some here say that about Watt but hype up that delusional fuck

MechDX

Texans Camp: This Is Osweiler’s Team

HOUSTON—This is a different Brock Osweiler from the one I remember last season in Denver. That was never his team. It was Peyton Manning’s team. But this Houston group, the coaches and the players, treats Osweiler like he’s the no-doubt franchise quarterback. Interesting: Osweiler may get more respect in this place, where the fans and teammates and coaches have never seen him play a football game in a home uniform, than he would be getting right now in Denver, where he started seven games last year.

I thought on Monday I might be able to divine the real reason why Osweiler’s here, when I spoke with him after the Texans practiced inside the bubble at their facility across the street from their home stadium. No chance. He learned too much from his time in Denver—ironically, he told me, so much of it from being Manning’s caddy for both of their careers in Colorado—to relive something bound to be painful to someone.

“There are a lot of reasons why I decided to go to Houston, and with all due respect, I don’t want to go completely into that question,” said Osweiler. “It’s August. The one thing that I will say is I love the football team, and I came here to be a part of this second-to-none organization, from the top down, from Mr. McNair [owner Bob McNair] to the coaching staff to a locker room full of players I respect. I viewed this as a special opportunity, and I have absolutely no regrets with the decision I made.”
Right answer.

Yep. Sounds exactly like Peyton. Something I have observed lately. Also doesnt make petty comments months after the fact and come off like a petulant brat who didnt get his way.

And he seems so comfortable with being The Man, as if he’s been in training for it while in Denver, and even before that. He gestures decisively on the practice field in training camp and approaches DeAndre Hopkins or Will Fuller with (sometimes) pointed words about the route they just ran. He throws extra balls to the rookies if they haven’t had enough reps, even with the heat index at 120 degrees. “He is the kind of player and leader you want in your starting quarterback,” said GM Rick Smith, watching Osweiler practice on Sunday. “You have to have a presence as a starting quarterback in the NFL, and he has it. The word I use about him is ‘authentic.’ He fits the position, and he fits us.”

Watching him practice, the one thing I noticed was his command of the offense, his decisiveness. For someone who’s had to know different offenses (Gase, Kubiak, Bill O’Brien) in each of the last three years, his seeming comfort in the offense is impressive. On Sunday he made two throws that impressed me. The first: a simple wheel route to rookie fourth-round back Tyler Ervin circling out of the backfield that hit him right on the hands as the kid turned his head to the quarterback to find the ball. The second: a deep nine route with a stutter-fake to Hopkins.

Good write up on Osweiler by Peter King @ MMQB.
Going to look stupid though when Savage "Bledsoes" Osweiler

I like how the selling point of the sportscenter update about Tebow Trying the MLB was that he made All State in High School (2005) haha

some ppl might say the media follows Tebow, and in the other hand JJ Watt follows the media.

just replying to see how angry you would get.....
hehe

MechDX

I like how the selling point of the sportscenter update about Tebow Trying the MLB was that he made All State in High School (2005) haha

some ppl might say the media follows Tebow, and in the other hand JJ Watt follows the media.

just replying to see how angry you would get.....
hehe

PDS ‏@PatDStat 5m5 minutes ago
Braxton Miller just beat Kareem Jackson in press. Left him behind at the LOS. #Texans

Not even mad. Thanks for Braxton

Line_HTX

I like how someone asked him about Elway's remarks for the umpteenth time and he just says "What competitor wouldn't want to play in that situation" basically not denying the remarks but more highlighting Elway turning into the creepy ex 5 months after the fact. In August no less when teams are getting ready to evaluate and cut down to the 53-man roster and have no time for butthurt drama.

MechDX

Hey BG remember this guy:

usa-today-9422403.0.jpg

ThatsMy3rdStringQB.gif #ColtKiller

Denver does have high expectations of qbs. It intimidated every Denver QB, but Peyton since Elway left the game.
]

Hey I appreciate Denver letting him walk. Not often you can sign a QB that is already better than Marino, Tannehill and Romo COMBINED as a free agent. I hope Buttfumble/Semen/Backstreet Boy Reject work out for you

Denver does have high expectations of qbs. It intimidated every Denver QB, but Peyton since Elway left the game .

manningprops.0.gif

Yup. Denver is a serious pressure cooker when it comes to quarterback play. Os probably did the right thing when he tucked tail and decided not to answer John Elway's phone calls. It's hard to fill the shoes of one legend while another is your boss.

Not an either/or.

They can both be attention whores.

And everyone's primary complaint about Watt's attention whoring is that it's mighty hypocritical coming from the guy who once said that taking selfies was a sign of not taking football seriously.

You'll inevitably bring up Cam, but the difference with Cam is that he came in the league saying essentially saying he was going to be an attention whore. He let everyone know from the jump that he wanted all eyes on him. There has never been the "say one thing, do another" aspect with Cam like there has with Watt.

MechDX

Not an either/or.

And everyone's primary complaint about Watt's attention whoring is that it's mighty hypocritical coming from the guy who once said that taking selfies was a sign of not taking football seriously.

You'll inevitably bring up Cam, but the difference with Cam is that he came in the league saying essentially saying he was going to be an attention whore. He let everyone know from the jump that he wanted all eyes on him. There has never been the "say one thing, do another" aspect with Cam like there has with Watt.

When Watt shows up wearing a fox tail on his ass give me a call.

Actually wouldnt have brought up Cam. Earned some of his showboating after his season last year. I have issues with guys that do it and havent earned jack shit, ie. Manziel

Still no Derrick Anderson though.

Line_HTX

Not an either/or.

That's the main complaint? I thought it would be something worse.

When Watt shows up wearing a fox tail on his ass give me a call.

I've never denied that Cam is a diva.

I'm saying that HE hasn't denied it either.

If Mr. "I'm Going to Go Off To My Cabin In The Woods So I Can Flip Tires In Peace And Concentrate On Football With No Distractions But I Want EVERYONE TO KNOW How Hard I'm Working" just admitted that he likes the limelight from the start, I'd have no issue.

MechDX

I've never denied that Cam is a diva.

I'm saying that HE hasn't denied it either.

If Mr. "I'm Going to Go Off To My Cabin In The Woods So I Can Flip Tires In Peace And Concentrate On Football With No Distractions But I Want EVERYONE TO KNOW How Hard I'm Working" just admitted that he likes the limelight from the start, I'd have no issue.

Did you not read the rest of my comment?

Lets just hope one day Cam and JJ go to the Wisconsin Cabin and have a selfie contest that annoys the hell out of the rest of NFL GAF

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 11m11 minutes ago

#Saibts rookie DT Sheldon Rankins picks off Tom Brady in 11 on 11 and returns it for a pick 6

Hunter S.

Yup. Denver is a serious pressure cooker when it comes to quarterback play. Os probably did the right thing when he tucked tail and decided not to answer John Elway's phone calls. It's hard to fill the shoes of one legend while another is your boss.
The best example I can think of what you are saying is how Denver fans have trashed Orton since he left. While humble Bills fans were happy to have Orton's game managing skills in their teams service.

This washed-up has been is at Falcons camp.

Ol Rick has been searching for a home ever since we ran him out of Charlotte :(

EDIT: Apparently that Edelman report about him leaving on the cart is dubious. He walked off to the locker room under his own power.

The best example I can think of what you are saying is how Denver fans have trashed Orton since he left. While humble Bills fans were happy to have Orton's game managing skills in their teams service.

Orton was fucking awful though. Denver hated him because he came part and parcel with that little shit, McDaniels.

McDaniels had to be in the running for dumbest person in america during that time. If I'm a head coach and I'm not sure if a QB fits my scheme, I'm still going to play him so that I have a head for an ax to fall on.

Just thinking about that era pisses me off.

True story, if I won a prize from the President of the USA to get a clean punch on one single person without consequences, I'd punch the shit out of Josh McDaniels.

Hunter S.

Denver fans are so tough on quarterbacks that they didn't even accept Kyle Orton!!!
Same will happen in Patriot land after Brady...

Just thinking about that era pisses me off.

True story, if I won a prize from the President of the USA to get a clean punch on one single person without consequences, I'd punch the shit out of Josh McDaniels.
indubitably, sir

broncos fans are the worst, i agree.

We can be pretty bad.

I'm claiming the title of best Broncos fan for the next year. Here is why:

• I went to the Broncos/Ravens playoff game (still bitter about that loss)
  • I went to the Broncos/Colts playoff game (not bitter)
  • I was at the Broncos/Chiefs game where Peyton Manning threw 5 million interceptions and didn't boo
  • I was offered tickets to both playoff games this year but turned them down because of the above.
Well:

You're welcome Broncos Country.

I'm gonna love watching Denver crash and burn this year, that offense is gonna be awful

With a top 15 offense and a little luck on the injury front, the Broncos will be a playoff team again.

With a top 15 offense and a little luck on the injury front, the Broncos will be a playoff team again.

I think a top 15 offense is highly optimistic with Buttfumble at the reigns. The Jets were only a top 15 offense one of the years he was Quarterback, his rookie year, and then they were a power running team.

Who even is your running back this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom