• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

Why is it so hard to play qb? I mean it blows my mind that buttfumble could still be a starting qb in the league.

I assume it must be be mental part of the job. Must be hard to read defenses for the dummies who are stupid enough to play football instead of a sport where you don't need to risk permanent brain damage.

Hunter S.

I think a top 15 offense is highly optimistic with Buttfumble at the reigns. The Jets were only a top 15 offense one of the years he was Quarterback, his rookie year, and then they were a power running team.

Who even is your running back this year?
Local Broncos radio thinks Trevor Semien is playing better and taking a jump over Mark Sanchez. They are currently coexisting as the starting qb.

Hustler

Hawks signed All-Pro Guard Jahri Evans yesterday. #blessed

Signing Evans will help fill the void of veterans on the o-line. Hawks have made a lot of good moves this offseason and we have a lot of up and comers this year. Expecting big things Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett.

In Tom Cable we trust.

If you guys want a laugh go read about the last time Rugby was in the olympics back in 1924.

A bunch of roughhouse American football players competed, bullied their way past customs, started fights in Paris, won gold, caused a riot that had French fans rushing the field, and left.

They cancelled rugby after that lol.

squicken

Why is it so hard to play qb? I mean it blows my mind that buttfumble could still be a starting qb in the league.

I assume it must be be mental part of the job. Must be hard to read defenses for the dummies who are stupid enough to play football instead of a sport where you don't need to risk permanent brain damage.

I think it was MMQB that did a breakdown of all the QBs in the NFL, and basically the vast majority come from 2 parent homes, well above average incomes and home values, and outside tutoring for the position like camps and coaches.

http://mmqb.si.com/0mmqb/2016/05/11...w-modern-qbs-are-made-jared-goff-carson-wentz

Draxal

I think it was MMQB that did a breakdown of all the QBs in the NFL, and basically the vast majority come from 2 parent homes, well above average incomes and home values, and outside tutoring for the position like camps and coaches.

http://mmqb.si.com/0mmqb/2016/05/11...w-modern-qbs-are-made-jared-goff-carson-wentz

You really need the reps to be a pro qb, so access to seven on seven teams and a pro qb coach in the area really helps.

For example, NJ high school qbs were awful until this cat came around.

http://www.madqb.com/

I think a top 15 offense is highly optimistic with Buttfumble at the reigns. The Jets were only a top 15 offense one of the years he was Quarterback, his rookie year, and then they were a power running team.

Who even is your running back this year?

I don't think it's that optimistic. Their running game will probably be better this year because they will be running from under center. Kubiak's offense thrives when you can get the play action pass going and that was almost non-existent last year. Who were the receivers buttfumble was throwing to? DT and Sanders are the best receivers he's ever had.

Middle of the road isn't too much to ask for out of this team.

Houston was top 10 in team scoring for five straight years with a completely pedestrian quarterback under Kubiak.

Admittedly I just grazed over that article but it seems silly - they studied the 15 QBs in this year's draft class, and we all know that Maybe 2 of them could grow to be franchise QBs, if they're LUCKY.

Bread

Banned
You expect the team to improve with Sanchez at quarterback. Say that out loud and make sure everyone around you hears it.

You expect the team to improve with Sanchez at quarterback. Say that out loud and make sure everyone around you hears it.

I'll say this: I'd rather have 2016 Sanchez than 2016 Manning. The Broncos scored 22 points per game last season (good for 19th). If they can bump that to 24, I would be happy.

I'll say this: I'd rather have 2016 Sanchez than 2016 Manning. The Broncos scored 22 points per game last season (good for 19th). If they can bump that to 24, I would be happy.

I think Manning was a big game choker who's arm was totally cooked from injury and surgery and i'd still take him over buttfumble.

Still, it's cute at how Broncos fans are trying to convince themselves that they would have won the Super Bowl with anyone at QB.

TheFatOne

Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet
Based on the initial exams, #Patriots WR Julian Edelman's injury is not believed to be serious, source said. Will keep checking.
12:15 PM - 9 Aug 2016

Take this with a grain of salt Pats fans. Rapoport is pure garbage, but I thought I would post this anyway.

Tom Penny

I think Manning was a big game choker who's arm was totally cooked from injury and surgery and i'd still take him over buttfumble.

Still, it's cute at how Broncos fans are trying to convince themselves that they would have won the Super Bowl with anyone at QB.
Steelers won the SB with Ben putting up a 23 qb rating. Of course it's possible when the other team can't score.

I don't remember saying that....

I think Manning's leadership played a big role in winning the Super Bowl. His play on the field didn't. He was good for a drive or two per game and that's about it.

TheFatOne

I don't remember saying that....

I think Manning's leadership played a big role in winning the Super Bowl. His play on the field didn't. He was good for a drive or two per game and that's about it.
Please don't fall for this bullshit analyst talking point. His "leadership" did fuck all to help them in the post season. His defense played lights out. Manning had zero to do with that.

Hunter S.

tebow-overtime-touchdown-vs-steelers-tim-tebow-gifs.gif

Most local Broncos fans know the defense was king. And Wade Phillips rules over all in the Broncos becoming champions again. Almost all think Manning playing in the playoffs and coming back against the Chargers (Brock was benched) was the right choice. Only path to victory .... Everybody loves Peyton.

Spinluck

Please don't fall for this bullshit analyst talking point. His "leadership" did fuck all to help them in the post season. His defense played lights out. Manning had zero to do with that.

I was pretty surprised that he was able to drop 2TDs on the Pats without turning it over. Could've been 3 if his arm wasn't a shot up piece of shit.

I've seen him do worse in the postseason with a better arm. That defense popped off at the right time.

I know that but you have to remember that during a typical NFL week, these players put in about 60 hours of work and are on the field for three of them. I'm willing to bet that Peyton Manning had an outsized influence in those 57 hours that aren't televised.

Just think about this. In the team meeting room, Peyton Manning used to sit in the same chair every meeting. No one has sat there this year.

cdyhybrid

I know that but you have to remember that during a typical NFL week, these players put in about 60 hours of work and are on the field for three of them. I'm willing to bet that Peyton Manning had an outsized influence in those 57 hours that aren't televised.

Just think about this. In the team meeting room, Peyton Manning used to sit in the same chair every meeting. No one has sat there this year.
Incredible. I can't believe we overlooked meeting room seat arrangements when prognosticating.

@kracze
Pederson said no more tackling rest of camp. Concerns about overall health of team #Eagles

Yeah I saw this headline yesterday maybe? I forget. Time is running together for me with jet lag. Anyway, I like that Pederson is willing to change things up and isn't stubborn about his approach. He evaluated tackling in camp and didn't see something he liked and decided to change it. Coming off of Chip and his seeming complete unwillingness to change anything this is refreshing. Eagles tackling was garbage last year, so who knows if it was because there was no tackling at all in camp. Maybe next season they'll have a limited tackling session. Who knows, but I think the NFLPA is going to essentially have it removed in the next CBA.

Incredible. I can't believe we overlooked meeting room seat arrangements when prognosticating.

OK, you go ahead and doubt it all you want. All I know is that my team won the Super Bowl last year with the corpse of Manning at QB.

I honestly don't know how the offense doesn't get better this year because it was complete shit last year. My only concern is whether the defense can continue to make huge plays in big games.

please keep your fantasies to yourself chris

http://thornography.weei.com/sports...er-i-tried-to-rub-my-nuts-on-tom-bradys-face/

What fantasies?

Why would you, P*yton's butt doesn't deserve to be where my or yours or anyone's butt ends up, and it'd smell. A rare good decision the Broncos have made

squicken

@kracze
Pederson said no more tackling rest of camp. Concerns about overall health of team #Eagles

Doug is an idiot. You don't let starters go full contact vs rookies and fringe roster guys trying to make the team. Matthews is already hurt with a knee injury that they are claiming is only a bruise. I have suspicions on that b/c revealing it is more than that would make him look like a total fool

Doug is an idiot. You don't let starters go full contact vs rookies and fringe roster guys trying to make the team. Matthews is already hurt with a knee injury that they are claiming is only a bruise. I have suspicions on that b/c revealing it is more than that would make him look like a total fool

Reid is an idiot too then, cause that's how he always did practices.

There's also the fact that there are less starters marked as out going into the first preseason game this year than last year.

@kracze

LOL it is funny to see Zach bully him into changing so quickly.

Doug is spinelesss, he was just blindly copying whatever Ried did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom