• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

I've never seen Hard Knocks lower my opinion of a player like this year has for Goff. He just seems a million miles from being ready to be an NFL QB right now. And agreed about the show, though I thought the Texans one also sucked. I think the teams are restricting access so much that all that is left is the useless melodrama and non-football stuff

We got some gems from Texans Hard Knocks:

EZ_StankFace_v2_htluwa.jpg

Wilfork_creepin.0.0.png

And we learned the importance of a working alarm clock for an NFL QB

I've never seen Hard Knocks lower my opinion of a player like this year has for Goff. He just seems a million miles from being ready to be an NFL QB right now. And agreed about the show, though I thought the Texans one also sucked. I think the teams are restricting access so much that all that is left is the useless melodrama and non-football stuff

Honestly, that "He's never taken a snap from under center" line blew my mind.

Texan Hard Knocks improved my opinion of Bill O'Brien, but otherwise I agree, the JJ Watt show was mostly boring too.

That said, at least they actually did football stuff that season. You guys can't even show one Oklahoma drill?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Less than two months after undergoing back surgery, J.J. Watt is expected to play in next Sunday’s opener vs. Chicago, per league source.

I told you Mech, there was nothing to worry about! :)

brentech

This year's Hard Knocks has been the most boring i've ever watched, but it's making me wonder something:

How much time is needed to call a QB a bust?

Jared Goff didn't know which direction the sun rises and sets.

Jared Goff not only seems dumb as fuck, but from what they show of him during games, he also legit looks like the worst QB in the league.
Hard to imagine a guy that dumb suddenly understanding NFL offense

Striker

Josh Sitton visiting Bears first. They have plenty of cap space.

Reese going to pass because John Jerry is starting. Totally obvious. FML

Bitanator

Hope Randy Gregory has found some help and stays clean, I love that kids attitude just a fun presence that was missing from training camp this year. I don't expect him to bring an immediate spark to the defensive rotation, but get him back in football shape and he will be great. I'm really pulling for the guy since his character is just so bright and cheerful

mjc

GROSS

I know Sitton has had lingering back issues and he's not that young anymore, but man. Weirdest decision TT has made since letting Jenkins walk.

Farooq

Banned
One Tyrone Holmes and Marcus Rush please.

Edit: Cowboys said they had permission to talk to Sanchez.

@JasonColeBR
According to Cowboys source: Team had permission from Broncos to talk to @Mark_Sanchez. So no tampering. Dallas offered to trade, but ...

@JasonColeBR
#Cowboys offer was not more than the conditional 7th rounder that Broncos owed Eagles from earlier, so Denver elected to cut Sanchez.

bionic77

The S7 Edge is a really pretty phone.

Weird seeing another phone looking that much better than the iPhone. I tried that Gear VR and was not impressed. Hopefully real VR is substantially better.

GROSS

I know Sitton has had lingering back issues and he's not that young anymore, but man. Weirdest decision TT has made since letting Jenkins walk.

I'm hoping the Giants benefit there again. Cullen was a good player for us for a good while before the wheels finally fell off.

I think it's silly to think Reese hasn't put feelers out there. Sitton's price isn't going to be the usual Reese lowball for a veteran and it seems like the team is looking for tackle help more than guard. Though I agree, Sitton makes too much sense and Jerry is a solid back-up at best. We also have cap space and my hope is that Reese actually watched the preseason and realizes that Sitton on the right side would be a substantial upgrade from where we are now. Hopefully Beatty will get there, too and push Newhouse out.

We should be looking at Logan Paulsen as well from the Skins as a blocking tight end.

The S7 Edge is a really pretty phone.

Weird seeing another phone looking that much better than the iPhone. I tried that Gear VR and was not impressed. Hopefully real VR is substantially better.

Sammy's design department is great. Their hardware department is generally great too (exploding Notes notwithstanding)

They stuff their phones with so much bloatware tho. Some of that is actually for quality features but a lot of it is bullshit that just drags down the performance of the phone.(And I'm posting this from my S7)

They perform so much worse that other Android flagships (let alone Apple's stuff) even when Sammy throws cutting edge hardware at them because they haven't heard of software optimization or efficiency.

Bitanator

Clarence Hill strikes again.

Man what a cluster fucker there, though the Todd Archer article up says the league has not confirmed to them that the suspension was reduced but source said that is has. Maybe those close to it know that is was successful and NFL just has not officially reported I hope.

But another fuck up in the same week for Clarence Hill Jr

Farooq

Banned
Man what a cluster fucker there, though the Todd Archer article up says the league has not confirmed to them that the suspension was reduced but source said that is has. Maybe those close to it know that is was successful and NFL just has not officially reported I hope.

But another fuck up in the same week for Clarence Hill Jr

Let's hope that is the case.

BigAT

Jared Goff not only seems dumb as fuck, but from what they show of him during games, he also legit looks like the worst QB in the league.

Pretty sure Kimberly Keenum knows the Rams offense better than Goff does right now.

Line_HTX

Sammy's design department is great. Their hardware department is generally great too (exploding Notes notwithstanding)

They stuff their phones with so much bloatware tho. Some of that is actually for quality features but a lot of it is bullshit that just drags down the performance of the phone.(And I'm posting this from my S7)

They perform so much worse that other Android flagships (let alone Apple's stuff) even when Sammy throws cutting edge hardware at them because they haven't heard of software optimization or efficiency.

How many features or apps did you have to turn off? I'm kind of thinking of getting one since I'm getting tired of my old ass S3.

bionic77

It doesn't have anything I really wanted from a phone.

But I am all in on Apple and I can't give up making calls or getting texts on my computer.

Taylor Gabriel claimed by Falcons, reunites with Shanny
ProFootballTalk
ProFootballTalk – Verified account ‏@ProFootballTalk

Browns claimed five: RB George Atkinson, DB Briean Boddy-Calhoun, DB Marcus Burley, DE Tyrone Holmes, LB Corey Lemonier.
We have in fact done it! ✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️

Pepiope

So glad we got Wentz. Another Couch/McNabb situation.

Feels so good to be right.

chadskin

ProFootballTalk: Jets claimed TE Braedon Bowman (Jags), TE Brian Parker (KC), RB Troymaine Pope (Seahawks), DB Darryl Roberts (Pats).

Never heard of any of them lol

Crisco

Banned
It doesn't have anything I really wanted from a phone.

But I am all in on Apple and I can't give up making calls or getting texts on my computer.

I've been doing this since, uh, 2010 using Google Voice. Gotta give Apple credit, their entire business model revolves around marketing shit that's been available for years.

MechDX

Browns claimed five: RB George Atkinson, DB Briean Boddy-Calhoun, DB Marcus Burley, DE Tyrone Holmes, LB Corey Lemonier.

You did it BG!! The Cleve wins again!

jbug617

Banned
Pats losing players

@jeffphowe: The Patriots lost LeBlanc (Bears), Darryl Roberts (Jets) and Kamu Grugier-Hill (Eagles), according to the league transaction notice.

Titans claimed Jace Amaro
Lions claimed Andre Williams
Falcons claimed Taylor Gabriel

Bitanator

Man the shits I will shit if all the false reports of Randy Gregory situation were just pixie dust and the dude is knocked out for 14 games. Fuck the NFL for being as prudish as an Irish Nun. Dude trying to get his life on track and Goodell is wafting his 40 million dollar check laughing

How many features or apps did you have to turn off? I'm kind of thinking of getting one since I'm getting tired of my old ass S3.

I will say Touchwiz is MILES better now than it was back in the old days (I had an S3 too). It still lags much more than stock Android or something like HTC Sense.

It's a shame too because Samsung has captured such a market share amongst Android now that Galaxys have pretty much have become synonymous with the OS. So the "Android performs like shit" myth keeps getting perpetuated even when people really mean "Samsungs perform like shit"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom