• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
The night after

smh

Me looking at all the teams sham's fucked out of millions and firsts like
S6hl6K6.gif

For those of you that weren't there.. In addition to the Freeman and the Taco Bell gift card.. If I win the league, Chris has stated that he would buy me a laptop. Just remember that if Chris ever annoys you enough for whatever reason.. That can be a threat to hold over his head.

Just a thought..
Is there a bounty reward for knocking Floyd out of the playoffs or any chance at it?

bionic77

Finished the Back to the Future movies last night. Had not seen them in a long time. 3 was the worst of them but it was still enjoyable and all of the movies are extremely consistent. The ending was satisfying and overall it is one of the better adventure movies I can think of.

The biggest problem with the 3rd movie is the Doc love story. Doc is really only good at screaming and overreacting to crazy shit. Both actors were shit in these scenes. But for a 3rd movie in a trilogy it was pretty good.

The movies really benefit if you watch them back to back or in close proximity. It's on Netflix and that is how I watched it but I liked it so much I might actually buy the BR set.

Hindl

Gonna need to replace Peters and possibly Lane. Still need someone to play outside WR effectively

Lane is apparently swearing off supplements after this fiasco, so we'll see, but we definitely need a Peters replacement. We have Big V as a backup and we'll see how he develops, but my ideal draft next year would be to spend the 1st on one of the star RBs, and then grab a WR and spend the rest of the draft replenishing the OL/LB depth. Maybe grab a pass rusher since I have a feeling Barwin isn't gonna be around after this year. Actually, I guess looking at it, Howie should look at the Texans 2016 draft as a blueprint.

Duxxy3

Lane is apparently swearing off supplements after this fiasco, so we'll see, but we definitely need a Peters replacement. We have Big V as a backup and we'll see how he develops, but my ideal draft next year would be to spend the 1st on one of the star RBs, and then grab a WR and spend the rest of the draft replenishing the OL/LB depth. Maybe grab a pass rusher since I have a feeling Barwin isn't gonna be around after this year. Actually, I guess looking at it, Howie should look at the Texans 2016 draft as a blueprint.

Upcoming draft should be loaded at running back.

Hindl

Upcoming draft should be loaded at running back.

Yeah I know that's why I'm with gutshot and glad we got a 1st back for Bradford. Loaded, nothing, it could be historic. There's like 5 RBs that could conceivably be taken in the 1st round

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So is it ok to start the Brockweiler MVP watch yet?

Good friend Mech you're getting a bit crazy right now...

Obviously you need to wait after Thursdays game when everyone sees how shitty everyone plays in it and realizes Brock is the only true MVP of the league.

Tom Penny

Finished the Back to the Future movies last night. Had not seen them in a long time. 3 was the worst of them but it was still enjoyable and all of the movies are extremely consistent. The ending was satisfying and overall it is one of the better adventure movies I can think of.

The biggest problem with the 3rd movie is the Doc love story. Doc is really only good at screaming and overreacting to crazy shit. Both actors were shit in these scenes. But for a 3rd movie in a trilogy it was pretty good.

The movies really benefit if you watch them back to back or in close proximity. It's on Netflix and that is how I watched it but I liked it so much I might actually buy the BR set.

3 was one of the best westerns of all time.

gutshot

Gonna need to replace Peters and possibly Lane. Still need someone to play outside WR effectively

True. We definitely need to draft some more OL depth. I can see using some mid-round picks there.

Our WR corp is still young and my hope is they can really grow this season. We've got one 1, two 2s and a 3rd round pick from the past few drafts so the talent and potential is there.

effzee

I wanted Zeke this year at 8 but considering we will need a starting RT next year and more of our veteran pass rushers will be on their way out, unless there is a generational game changer, I don't want a RB until 2-3rd rounds.

Use the 1st round pick on a can't miss tackle (to play RT hopefully where Lane slides over to LT), DE, or LB. I'd take another WR over RB.

True. We definitely need to draft some more OL depth. I can see using some mid-round picks there.

Our WR corp is still young and my hope is they can really grow this season. We've got one 1, two 2s and a 3rd round pick from the past few drafts so the talent and potential is there.

I don't know what happens now that the WRs have to grow with a rookie QB, but I still believe Mathews, Agholor, and Ertz at TE can form a decent receiving trio. If Beckham develops at all, they can be set at WR.

So much rides on Wentz being the real deal and real fast.

MechDX

That's not how you spell Blake Bortles, but sure.

Bort is already winning the Super Bowl. He gets the MVP too? Bummer. Oh well #BORT

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 8m8 minutes ago
Looks like former Packers' Pro Bowl G Josh Sitton's first visit will be to...division-rival Chicago Bears, per sources. Saints could follow

Hindl

I wanted Zeke this year at 8 but considering we will need a starting RT next year and more of our veteran pass rushers will be on their way out, unless there is a generational game changer, I don't want a RB until 2-3rd rounds.

Use the 1st round pick on a can't miss tackle (to play RT hopefully where Lane slides over to LT), DE, or LB. I'd take another WR over RB.

I don't know what happens now that the WRs have to grow with a rookie QB, but I still believe Mathews, Agholor, and Ertz at TE can form a decent receiving trio. If Beckham develops at all, they can be set at WR.

So much rides on Wentz being the real deal and real fast.

That's the thing, there's supposedly like 3 generational RBs in this draft. That's one reason I saw some beat writers call against Zeke, since so many good RBs are supposed to come out this year. Like Chubb just had a 222 yd, 2TD game yesterday. Tackles are hardly can't miss, I think we can wait till the 2nd or 3rd to get one of them. We just have to get one of these RBs. In 2013-2014 we missed out on the WR gold rush, I don't want to do the same again for RBs

3 > 2

We only liked the second movie when we were younger because we all wanted hoverboards

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
Pro-Bowl return man Devin Hester has agreed to a one-year deal with the Baltimore Ravens, league source tells ESPN. Hester will sign today.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
#Cowboys DE Randy Gregory has won his 10-game suspension appeal, so he remains out 4 games, source said (as @clarencehilljr reported). Big.

Crisco

Banned
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000572129/Panthers-Ted-Ginn-drops-deep-pass-in-overtime

Was there a more dramatic single play during the regular season than this last year? Overtime after blowing a big lead. Cam hanging hanging hanging in the pocket before uncorking an epic rainbow bomb off his back foot before the defender gets there. Ginn already running away from defenders with nothing but grass ahead of him. The ball couldn't have landed in a more perfect spot, and the drop couldn't have been more egregious. Oh, and Tirico's call, "HE DROPPED THE BALL". The look of sheer terror and agony on Ginn's face. Just perfect.

MechDX

Texans need to draft OLB TJ Watt from Wisconsin next year. Same name as a football demigod in Houston and he is JJ's little brother as well

Hindl

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000572129/Panthers-Ted-Ginn-drops-deep-pass-in-overtime

Was there a more dramatic single play during the regular season than this last year? Overtime after blowing a big lead. Cam hanging hanging hanging in the pocket before uncorking an epic rainbow bomb off his back foot before the defender gets there. Ginn already running away from defenders with nothing but grass ahead of him. The ball couldn't have landed in a more perfect spot, and the drop couldn't have been more egregious. Oh, and Tirico's call, "HE DROPPED THE BALL". The look of sheer terror and agony on Ginn's face. Just perfect.

Not to take away from that play, but going by this criteria, I'd say it was the Rodgers Hail Mary no question

This year's Hard Knocks has been the most boring i've ever watched, but it's making me wonder something:

How much time is needed to call a QB a bust?

Jared Goff didn't know which direction the sun rises and sets.

Ginn dropped at least 8 TDs last year
and the Panthers' last shot at winning the Super Bowl

Be fast with rocks for hands brehs

There was so much shit going on in that game:

-MNF
-Hurricanolypse III
-Dudes scaling the building
-The Panthers curbstomping the Colts before Shula's patented bitchmade offense showed up
-Luck suddenly going from looking dead to coming all the way back

This year's Hard Knocks has been the most boring i've ever watched, but it's making me wonder something:

I called Manziel and Hackenberg busts before draft day. You can absolutely say Goff's a bust now. I don't know if history will vindicate you as immediately as I was, but I'm confident it'll have a happy ending anyway.

squicken

I've never seen Hard Knocks lower my opinion of a player like this year has for Goff. He just seems a million miles from being ready to be an NFL QB right now. And agreed about the show, though I thought the Texans one also sucked. I think the teams are restricting access so much that all that is left is the useless melodrama and non-football stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom