• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might turn blue. Who knows... I don't see what Watt has anything to do with it, Florio.

For all the protest you've had over this fair remark, you sure haven't said anything anti-Trump

Let the record show he edited this post after my post was made. Clearly he's hiding something

Line_HTX

For all the protest you've had over this fair remark, you sure haven't said anything anti-Trump

Let the record show he edited this post after my post was made. Clearly he's hiding something

LOL, when chuck put the question, me and jbug definitively said Fuck Trump.

Don't put that shit on me, you ungrateful shit who I never once badmouthed the Ravens.

Yeah I was gonna bring up gronk as an example for your argument. He's a generational talent but at least relatable as a party bro who's drink of choice is penicillin

To be fair to JJ Watt, Gronk was more so "born with it" while JJ had to work his ass off 24/7 to get to where he is.

squicken

I'm a Watt fan but readily admit he is insufferable. But really, that's kind of why he is awesome. All he does is football. You watch Clowney play and he has no idea what he is doing. Watt seems to know exactly where the play is going and is right there to stuff it. I'll take that every day over a dude who I might hypothetically want to have a beer with

I'm a Watt fan but readily admit he is insufferable. But really, that's kind of why he is awesome. All he does is football. You watch Clowney play and he has no idea what he is doing. Watt seems to know exactly where the play is going and is right there to stuff it. I'll take that every day over a dude who I might hypothetically want to have a beer with

Well to be fair I'd take Watt on my team any day, I don't care how insufferable he is. He should learn from someone like Wake who just does his thing.

Line_HTX

It's time for JD to not get hurt and put up or shut up. I don't get why Vrabel is going through all this trouble.

Hindl

To be fair to JJ Watt, Gronk was more so "born with it" while JJ had to work his ass off 24/7 to get to where he is.

Fair. I saw the high school watt photo and did a spit take. But you articulated my problem with watt. Love him as a player, he's so good. But kinda unrelatable

Mindlog

And that's why you draft a kicker in the second round
NH9gE7v.gif

@BradBiggs
#Bears are expected to sign Connor Barth as replacement for Robbie Gould. Barth was part of #Saints final cuts

Surprised, but not surprised to see Robbie go. Between his waning accuracy and poor kickoffs, he was pretty bad last season. He even cost us a couple of games with missed field goals. I did read he has been missing kicks in camp, but thought he'd get a chance to right things this season and stay with the team. Guess they just don't have the patience to do that.

Really happy Pace didn't let Sitton leave Halas without a contract. The middle of the line should prove to be pretty damn solid. I'm really optimistic about the run game. Pace has really turned the o-line around, I think. They went from being a liability to looking like one of the strengths of the team. Now if only he could manage a similar feet with that secondary.

Furyous

#Killed4Kizer

#CroakForKizer

#Cleve4Kizer

#TradeA1stForBradfordToGetKizer

Nah, #Donuts4Deshaun

*catches up on NFL news*

The Browns getting something for Justin Gilbert is like find a penny and trading it for 20 million Dogecoin. The only issue is trading him to the fucking Steelers of all people. Watch Eternal 1970's Hairline turn him into a quality contributor.

All of us need Howie Roseman to negotiate on our behalf for something because they got a first and fourth out of Minny for the second most overrated QB in the past decade next to some guy named Tebow.

ChiefsGAF, tell me something good about Aaron Murray to soothe the pain from another USC QB washing out of Arizona.

BroncosGAF thank you for letting my guy Austin Davis keep the dream alive. He's a quality backup and deserves a chance to prove himself on your team. Now someone sign Pat Devlin, please?

NFLGAF, what's the over/under on how many games it takes RG3 to get injured?

Pepiope

*catches up on NFL news*

All of us need Howie Roseman to negotiate on our behalf for something because they got a first and fourth out of Minny for the second most overrated QB in the past decade next to some guy named Tebow.
Wait, Howie traded Russell Wilson?

Bronx-Man

Banned
I still don't buy that RG3 is a bust.

If Shanahan's dumbass just benched him when he should've, he'd probably still be playing for Washington.

RBH

Just a reminder to sign up for the NFL-GAF Yahoo Pick'em and Survival leagues before the season starts on Thursday!

Via Trejo:

GAF Pick'Em League

With Confidence Points:
Group ID: 6021
Password: (Quote to see)

Without:
Group ID: 6019

GAF Survivor League
Group ID: 2891

Generate

Banned
I have had the same happen to me but it is probably the alternator. I can't see a battery just dying like that in the summer.

That's my guess. And since that died he will probably need a new battery as well to go along with it.

Actually, my car battery died earlier this summer, so yes it can.

Furyous

Wait, Howie traded Russell Wilson?

Russell is the most successful QB out of that class and I say this as Seahawks hater:

I hate their uniforms.
I hate the fact that they license the 12th man from Texas A&M.
I hate the name Seahawks. Pick a real animal name like a Cardinal dammit.
I hate their field.
I hate the electricity company that gives the stadium power.
I hate their radio team because fuck the Seahawks.
I hate every last bandwagon fan that rooted for the team after Mike Holmgren came and they signed Matt Hasselback making it to a Super Bowl. I hate every last one of you.

BUT... Russell is an all-time great and we are privileged to experience his run even though he wears the dastardly Seahawks uniform.

Russell is the most successful QB out of that class and I say this as Seahawks hater:

I hate their uniforms.
I hate the fact that they license the 12th man from Texas A&M.
I hate the name Seahawks. Pick a real animal name like a Cardinal dammit.
I hate their field.
I hate the electricity company that gives the stadium power.
I hate their radio team because fuck the Seahawks.
I hate every last bandwagon fan that rooted for the team after Mike Holmgren came and they signed Matt Hasselback making it to a Super Bowl. I hate every last one of you.

BUT... Russell is an all-time great and we are privileged to experience his run even though he wears the dastardly Seahawks uniform.

agreed. the thing about wussle is he has NO help. throughout his career he has had a bad defense, bad running game and bad coaching staff. how does he do it???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
??
?

cdyhybrid

agreed. the thing about wussle is he has NO help. throughout his career he has had a bad defense, bad running game and bad coaching staff. how does he do it???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
??
?

What do you mean? You don't remember this great play the defense made?!

srPEgRT.gif

Actually, my car battery died earlier this summer, so yes it can.
My experience with car batteries is that they die whenever the hell they want to.

Also:

NFLGAF bros, I'm looking for a one-image summary of your team's status and/or hopes for 2016! This will either end up in the OP if I have to make it, in the OP if someone else makes it and I send it to them, or on the first page if I reply to the OP fast enough! With certainty like that, you would be crazy not to contribute immediately!

Example:
Green Bay Packers
160831-welcome-back-19_1472692454537_45561526_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

bionic77

Started Stranger things. It's good. Should not have started during football season though.

I can relate to Mech loving Watt even though the rest of us hate him. Deebo is one of my favorite players ever. He gave my team a SB and made so many big plays when we needed them (I still think his TAINT in the SB is the greatest play in SB history and in the top 10 for NFL history). His over the top fuck you personality just seals the deal.

But fans of other teams despise him. Now most of them are racist and live in New England but some of them are not and it just shows how easy it is to hate a loud player on another team.

Furyous

??
?

One word for everyone: WILL2WIN

Let's not act like the Seahawks defense prevented them from losing games. They were torched plenty of times last year but Russell's performance kept them in games. Their running game is not elite and this is their first year without Marshawn. You make it sound like fucking Josh McCown can have the same record as Russell. Don't coerce me into honest discourse on that starting QB in Indy heralded as the best QB out the class.

If Dak Prescott looks somewhat competent then we can look forward to a guy named Dak leading 'Merica's team in the post Romo future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom