• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Banned
I still don't buy that RG3 is a bust.

If Shanahan's dumbass just benched him when he should've, he'd probably still be playing for Washington.

He'd still have needed surgery

He'd still have tried to learn how to pocket pass

He still would've lost his confidence to run

He still didn't try to learn the damn game when he was there

Time and time again he proved he didn't want to be there despite being given chance after chance.

cdyhybrid

My experience with car batteries is that they die whenever the hell they want to.

Also:

NFLGAF bros, I'm looking for a one-image summary of your team's status and/or hopes for 2016! This will either end up in the OP if I have to make it, in the OP if someone else makes it and I send it to them, or on the first page if I reply to the OP fast enough! With certainty like that, you would be crazy not to contribute immediately!

Example:

qTi5ctO.png

^^^ excellent

Quoting for new page:
NFLGAF bros, I'm looking for a one-image summary of your team's status and/or hopes for 2016! This will either end up in the OP if I have to make it, in the OP if someone else makes it and I send it to them, or on the first page if I reply to the OP fast enough! With certainty like that, you would be crazy not to contribute immediately!

Example:
I think this is accurate! BUT! Does someone have the cutout version with transparency?

After considering it for an entire 2 minutes, I also will be accepting summaries of other teams (e.g. not yours!) if they are funny enough!

Pepiope

My experience with car batteries is that they die whenever the hell they want to.

Also:

Example:
5Pi4boRy.jpg

LOL so in the random fantasy league I joined on ESPN, I autodrafted after round 9 (16 rounds. I ended up with 2 kickers and 1 QB (which I got before autodrafting).

One word for everyone: WILL2WIN

Let's not act like the Seahawks defense prevented them from losing games. They were torched plenty of times last year but Russell's performance kept them in games. Their running game is not elite and this is their first year without Marshawn. You make it sound like fucking Josh McCown can have the same record as Russell. Don't coerce me into honest discourse on that starting QB in Indy heralded as the best QB out the class.

If Dak Prescott looks somewhat competent then we can look forward to a guy named Dak leading 'Merica's team in the post Romo future.

when you only need to make a couple plays a game because there is a strong likelihood that your defense is going to give up a max of under 20 points, it is a much easier game to play. wussle has no pressure. have a 0 rating through 3 quarters? don't worry about it, you make a couple throws in the 4th and win the game.

take a look at the afc/nfc title game from a couple years ago. andrew luck had a higher rating through 3 quarters than wussle and his team was down 45-7. wussles team was down 16-7. that tells you all you need to know about how fortunate he has been to be on the team he is on

Also:

Example:
Captioned 8-8

RBH

Also:

Example:

OMFG.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

Also:

Example:

Chicago Bears

nIjBoe4.gif

Bronx-Man

Banned

Also:

Example:

stewart-fp.jpg

Is the pick-em pool up yet? I picked a real good name this year.

Just a reminder to sign up for the NFL-GAF Yahoo Pick'em and Survival leagues before the season starts on Thursday!

Via Trejo:

GAF Pick'Em League

With Confidence Points:
Group ID: 6021
Password: (Quote to see)

Without:
Group ID: 6019

GAF Survivor League
Group ID: 2891

Found the perfect picture for the dolphins season,

Colasante

How long did it take to make the stunning deal of the year in pro football? Forty-eight hours. That’s the time from the first phone call from Spielman, in his office in Eden Prairie, Minn., to Roseman, about to engage his three boys in some baseball pitch-and-catch in his yard in Pennsylvania, just before dinner at home Wednesday evening, and the time it got very real and Spielman offered Minnesota’s first-round pick Friday evening. It was so surprising to Roseman that he said “it wasn’t even on my brain” Thursday night during the Eagles’ fourth preseason game.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/09/04/sam-bradford-trade-minnesota-vikings-philadelphia-eagles-nfl

The MMQB's diary from Spielman and Roseman about how the Bradford trade went down only makes me angrier. I wanted the Vikings to succeed this season but now I can't wait until Spielman gets fired. The idea that 48 hours of negotiations ends with a 1st and 4th for Sam Bradford being deemed by Spielman as an acceptable compromise is just mind-numbing.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/09/04/sam-bradford-trade-minnesota-vikings-philadelphia-eagles-nfl

The MMQB's diary from Spielman and Roseman about how the Bradford trade went down only makes me angrier. I wanted the Vikings to succeed this season but now I can't wait until Spielman gets fired. The idea that 48 hours of negotiations ends with a 1st and 4th for Sam Bradford being deemed by Spielman as an acceptable compromise is just mind-numbing.

What a negotiator!

Spielman: we want Bradford
Roseman: what? Well I haven't even thought...
Spielman: fine, a first rounder!
Roseman: well that...
Spielman: a first and a fourth then!!!
Roseman: ...

squicken

I'm sure there's a lot of smoothing over on the facts there. Roseman can't make it look like he was shopping his starting QB. He has to sell he locker room that he hasn't thrown in the towel on the season. He was just reluctantly blown away on a deal and he had to do it

Thanks. I went for confidence points this year, just to mix things up.

some join all 3 but good luck!

To be honest, there was no solution. No good solution.

This is when any reasonable person would have followed with "fuck it we'll lose the season"

Hunter S.

Also:

Example:
When your hero's become both valiant knights and outlaws.

aqib-talib-von-miller-and-t-j-ward.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom