• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

m9qRVtL.gif

bionic77

Yeah it should be fun watching Palmer have a Schaub 2013 like, season long meltdown.
I was thinking more of Delhomme because like Palmer he was good at one point. Not sure the same is true of Schaub.

But everyone seems to be calling this one. We will be more surprised if Palmer plays well.

Over/under on taints in that game? I have it at 2. And I think he gets bench before the end of October.

I will be very happy to be wrong and see the Cards smoke the Pats 40-10.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
#Eagles coach Doug Pederson announced that rookie QB Carson Wentz will start Week 1. He's healthy and ready to roll.

Let's get it!

edit: My good friend Mech already posted this, he's always so good at getting news.

Line_HTX

"I made a bunch of calls. I am not gonna mention teams. But there was blood in the water, and teams knew it," Spielman told King. "The price was too high. I didn't want to mortgage our future. Some teams asked for a first-round pick and a core young player. I can understand the pick. But we worked too hard over the past three years to put all that time and energy into drafting and developing a solid core of this team. I was taken aback who they were asking for. Players who'd been in the Pro Bowl. I mean, in the off-season, you've got time. There's not blood in the water in the off-season. But now there was."

A core, huh...

I am flabbergasted by this move. From the day Wentz was drafted they have said the plan was to let him sit and learn. Hell a lot of the justification for hiring Doug was his experience with this process. I really wonder how much of this is based around Chase looking so terrible in the preseason. Howie is coaching for his job it seems. I don't think that ever works out.

MechDX

Philadelphia is in this weird confluence of the fanbase actually being patient. It's bizarro land right now. The reaction to the Phillies potentially trading Hellickson and Velasquez is overwhelmingly in favor of it, because they thing long term success is more important than having great players now. Similarly, look at the fact that a significant portion of Sixers fans fully bought in to The Process, whereas there used to be outrage when the team didn't make big splashy moves and try to get top players. Even the Flyers have gone into a rebuild, and people expected it to take a long time and just didn't realize how good Hextall was at his job and they somehow made the playoffs.

I actually think this weird showing of patience by the Philly fanbase is going to to lead to the treatment of Wentz being completely different than it was in the past when there were QBs waiting in the wings. Over the past two years I've sort of seen something I never saw with the fans here in that they were valuing patience and the long term over the win now mindset. After getting burned by Chip Kelly I think that's going to hit Eagles fans too, and they're going to think long term about Wentz and not short term.

ahahaahahahahhahahahahahhaahhahhahahhahhaahah

Bowser

Wow...the Eagles are throwing this kid to the wolves. Going from the FCS to starting in the NFL with only one preaseason game under his belt?

I don't think this is going to end well.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I'm sure the fans in Philly will be warm & receptive towards Wentz & understanding of any mistakes made by him due to his rookie status.

Pepiope

1. It's the Browns

2. The line won't be so bad with Lane playing. I actually expect it to be pretty good cause back to point #1. It's the Browns.

Why not let him start against a JV pro team before your star RT gets suspended?

Bowser

1. It's the Browns

2. The line won't be so bad with Lane playing. I actually expect it to be pretty good cause back to point #1. It's the Browns.

Famous last words...

MechDX

I mean, it's the browns. It's not really throwing him to the wolves, more like the teddy bears.

1. It's the Browns

Ray Horton will bring everything plus the kitchen sink at Wentz to see how good a grasp he has. Wentz is going to get pummeled.

He broke his ribs 2 or 3 series in against the backup Bucs defense, one of the weakest in the league, and is playing in front of one of the poorest O-lines in the league

Dude will not last 16 weeks. Will not.

It's the Browns, is always my favorite argument.

But really idk how the defense is gonna be this year. A lot of new and young faces. Still can't imagine it will be worse then last. I expect Horton to really try and bring it. though if we get styled on I can expect a all time worst D.

gutshot

It is as the prophesy foretold:

"From the expansive and unbroken plains, a savior will rise. His skin as white as alabaster, his hair the color of the setting sun, he will ascend the chart of depth and lead the city of brotherly love to the Promised Land."

Ginger Jesus is here and he will make true believers of you all.

Pepiope

He broke his ribs 2 or 3 series in against the backup Bucs defense, one of the weakest in the league

Dude will not last 16 weeks. Will not.
I mean. He finished the game and if the games had mattered he may have been out there the next week. There are videos of him easily throwing the football 60 yards in warm ups Against the colts.

He has 3 QBs guiding him. I trust they know what they're doing.

rando14

But really idk how the defense is gonna be this year. A lot of new and young faces. Still can't imagine it will be worse then last. I expect Horton to really try and bring it. though if we get styled on I can expect a all time worst D.

My boy Bg finaly realizing the ridiculosity of Pepipe's words...

Go Browns!! It's my year, I can do it!!

EDIT: Ugh you edited your post, now my faith is weaker -_-

Slo

"I made a bunch of calls. I am not gonna mention teams. But there was blood in the water, and teams knew it," Spielman told King. "The price was too high. I didn't want to mortgage our future. Some teams asked for a first-round pick and a core young player. I can understand the pick. But we worked too hard over the past three years to put all that time and energy into drafting and developing a solid core of this team. I was taken aback who they were asking for. Players who'd been in the Pro Bowl. I mean, in the off-season, you've got time. There's not blood in the water in the off-season. But now there was."

A core, huh...

I guess that means they were asking for either Barr, Smith, Griffin, or maybe Rudolph? Nobody'd be going after Greenway at this point.

I'm kinda wondering who the Vikes were asking for that the teams would ask for guys like that. Rivers maybe?

MechDX

It is as the prophesy foretold:

"From the expansive and unbroken plains, a savior will rise. His skin as white as alabaster, his hair the color of the setting sun, he will ascend the chart of depth and lead the city of brotherly love to the Promised Land."

Ginger Jesus is here and he will make true believers of you all.

#IWantToBelieve

I guess that means they were asking for either Barr, Smith, Griffin, or maybe Rudolph? Nobody'd be going after Greenway at this point.

I'm kinda wondering who the Vikes were asking for that the teams would ask for guys like that. Rivers maybe?

love the av, slo

My boy Bg finaly realizing the ridiculosity of Pepipe's words...

Go Browns!! It's my year, I can do it!!

EDIT: Ugh you edited your post, now my faith is weaker -_-
I have a dream the Browns destroy the Eagles and at the end of the game I post "it's the Browns"
*faps

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Believe in Nassib and Ogbah and that new guy we picked up.

I have a dream the Browns destroy the Eagles and at the end of the game I post "it's the Browns"
*faps

OMG!

cYanmPn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom