• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every year we get so excited for the first preseason game but it is always just a competition to see who is going to be a backup lineman or special teams player.

I guess as a Steelers fan I should pay attention to our backup qb and RB because those guys almost always get to play big minutes. :(

At least you've got Landry "The Gazelle" Jones and not some scrubs that have never played a pro snap.

cdyhybrid

Brady, Incognito and Ryan are the only ones who are currently still in the NFL.

A who's who of complete scumbags.

Sorry Buffalo. Now I must root against you. Why the fuck are all the racists in football playing in the AFC East?
Because that's where the Pats are.

Sidebar from football. I spent nearly 8 hours playing No Man's Sky yesterday. My experience...

Hour 1: OOO AAAAA, this is neat.

Hour 2: Oh shit why is my life support yelling about being low!? I need plutonium? Where...oh there it is. *starts mining*

Hour 3: *still mining* This monolith is cool. I've learned 25 words now. *heads to operations center* Oh shit, an alien with a beak. I can understand 3 words out of 30 but I know he wants this isotope. *gives the alien an isotope* Oh shit he gave me an alien artifact!

Hour 4: *still mining* Finds trader shop and galactic federation trader post. Sells everything that has value including alien relic which is pretty much just a trade commodity. *looks at wallet* I have over a million dollars!

Hour 5: *still mining* I've found 3 crashed ships and swapped between them. I decided to keep the last one which has the most slots.I've sampled just about every destination icon on the planet. Found all of the animal lifeforms, upgraded my suit to 21 slots. It's time to go to space!

Hour 6: OooooOO AAAAaaa Space is pretty. Time to explore...*turns on mining laser and continues mining*

Hour 8: *lands on the next planet* Hey this looks totally different! *does a scan of the environment* ......wait, it's the same shit as the last planet?

*breathes in deep sigh of disappointment and shuts the game off for the night.*

Spinluck

Sidebar from football. I spent nearly 8 hours playing No Man's Sky yesterday. My experience...

Hour 2: Oh shit why is my life support almost drained. I need plutonium? Where...oh there it is. *starts mining*

Hour 3: *still mining* This monolith is cool. I've learned 25 words now. *heads to operations center* Oh shit, an alien with beak. I can understand 3 words out of 30 but I know he wants this isotope. *gives the alien an isotope* Oh shit an alien artifact.

Hour 4: Finds trader shop and galactic federation trader post. Sells everything that has value including alien relic which is pretty much just a trade commodity. *looks at wallet* I have over a million dollars!

Hour 5: I've found 3 crashed ships and swapped between them. I decided to keep the last one which has the most slots.I've sampled just about every destination icon on the planet. Found all of the animal lifeforms, upgraded my suit to 21 slots. It's time to go to space!

Hour 6: OooooOO AAAAaaa Space is pretty. Time to explore...

Hour 8: *lands on the next planet* Hey this looks totally different! *does a scan of the environment* ......wait, it's the same shit as the last planet?

Sounds like the vast amount of space and exploration is neat. But it sounds limited in the amount of random shit that can actually be generated. I'd be disappointed if I go to 3 different plants and barely saw any changes in its elements and resources. Along with the animals being palette swaps.

The idea seems cool, but I don't think I'll get it at this point. Maybe down the road.

Tom Penny

Hour 2: Oh shit why is my life support yelling about being low!? I need plutonium? Where...oh there it is. *starts mining*

Hour 3: *still mining* This monolith is cool. I've learned 25 words now. *heads to operations center* Oh shit, an alien with beak. I can understand 3 words out of 30 but I know he wants this isotope. *gives the alien an isotope* Oh shit an alien artifact.

Hour 4: *still mining* Finds trader shop and galactic federation trader post. Sells everything that has value including alien relic which is pretty much just a trade commodity. *looks at wallet* I have over a million dollars!

Hour 5: *still mining* I've found 3 crashed ships and swapped between them. I decided to keep the last one which has the most slots.I've sampled just about every destination icon on the planet. Found all of the animal lifeforms, upgraded my suit to 21 slots. It's time to go to space!

Hour 6: OooooOO AAAAaaa Space is pretty. Time to explore...*turns on mining laser and continues mining*

I don't get what you do in the game. It's a resource farming simulator.

Someone described it to me as "space minecraft"

Which wouldn't be accurate because you don't actually build anything in the game. Hell, if there WAS a building element - that would be fantastic!

Sounds like the vast amount of space and exploration is neat. But it sounds limited in the amount of random shit that can actually be generated. I'd be disappointed if I go to 3 different plants and barely saw any changes in its elements and resources. Along with the animals being palette swaps.

The idea seems cool, but I don't think I'll get it at this point. Maybe down the road.

That's about on point. It's a beautiful game and it makes a nice first impression. There was no lie in the vastness of space and the amount of planets, etc. However. the lack of worthwhile things to do on those planets is a buzz kill. Especially after I was done with my time on the first planet only to find the same marker icons dotting the second. I figured, well ok maybe the tasks will be different but nope. Same stuff. Drop pods, shelters, monoliths with the same languages, sentinels to annoy you, etc.

It's a really really sound foundation to build a better game on. Right now, after 8 hours - it's a curiosity to log into and explore for a little bit before getting tired of the tedium and moving on to something else and that's a damn shame. :/

Does it have VR with PSVR at least? If so I'll try it once it's cheap otherwise it looks like I'll pass.

No. Though there's rumors about the possibility.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2016-philadelphia-eagles-1785083865

They are the Browns with a bigger little brother complex.
This is the most utterly nondescript Eagles team I’ve ever seen. We have the weakest WR corps since those halcyon days of James Thrash and Todd Pinkston. But at least in those days we had Duce Staley and Brian Westbrook at RB. Now we have what’s left of Darren Sproles, plus a bunch of rookies and backups.

And of course it’s all led by Sam Bradford, who’s just keeping the seat warm for another guy and is only still here because no one else in the league would give him a shot. Plus we’ve got Doug Pederson, who was something like our 12th choice for coach. For all Chip Kelly’s blunders, at least he had ambition and drive. Pederson, so far, is about as inspiring as oatmeal and his only goal seems to be “put things back the way Andy Reid left them.”
I don’t know where to start. I could go on and on about how Chip Kelly over the course of one season completely ran this team into the ground faster than a Port Richmond caller on WIP shoves that fifth water ice with custard on the bottom into their face. I could go on about how we pissed away years of draft picks just to land Carson fucking Wentz, a quarterback that didn’t really beat anybody worth talking about in his college years, yet our inept management and fans with the logic of Hodor from Game of Thrones thinks he’s going to be the next Joe Montana even though we burned up cap space (and our future) to acquire him.
In just three years we went from unadulterated glee that the Andy Reid era was finally over, to that same level of glee because the new guy will “follow Andy Reid’s blueprint.” We are a ruthless horde of idiots.
Philly fans (or Phans) love to say that they’re the “most knowledgeable and passionate fans” in the country, so it might be hard to follow this logic:

Eagles bring in Sam Bradford for Nick Foles and a 2nd round pick, the city hates him. Bradford lights up GB in a preseason game, city LOVES him. Phans watch his league average play and city hates him, wants no part of him going forward. Team resigns him for two years for big $$$, city is OUTRAGED. Team gives up 3 players and 3 draft picks to move up and get QB of the future, Bradford wants out of town, city HATES him and how DARE he want out of town. Rumors leak Denver offers a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Bradford, phans say “NO WAY! He’s worth more than that!”

Hour 3: *still mining* This monolith is cool. I've learned 25 words now. *heads to operations center* Oh shit, an alien with a beak. I can understand 3 words out of 30 but I know he wants this isotope. *gives the alien an isotope* Oh shit he gave me an alien artifact!

Told ya. Pokemon Snap with guns.

There is nothing but human garbage on this list, from top to bottom it's all flaming garbage.

18. Tom Brady, Patriots QB
This one is only a kind-of endorsement. Brady originally said he wanted Trump to win, but backtracked not long after that and said he's just supporting his friend. He eventually said he wouldn't endorse Trump and didn't take kindly to being asked about it.

What an endorsement.

cdyhybrid

This one is only a kind-of endorsement. Brady originally said he wanted Trump to win, but backtracked not long after that and said he's just supporting his friend. He eventually said he wouldn't endorse Trump and didn't take kindly to being asked about it.

What an endorsement.
Nah, he doesn't get to wiggle out of it that easily. Tammy is Trump fan #1. He was on that wagon before anyone else.

Bread

Banned

What an endorsement.
Just shows that Tom is a good friend, he won't endorse him but he won't denounce him either. What a bad person he is.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Reviews aren't looking hot at this point.

I think I'll stick with Elite for now from what I've been reading so far, and maybe spring for the Elite planet expansion. At least flying around is fun in VR! Though I don't think my rig has enough power to run the planet stuff in VR well when I eventually get that.

Maybe then checkout NMS when there's more stuff built.

So the Dolphins are worse that the Browns?

That argument could be made

Wk16MIAFUBAR.gif

What an endorsement.

I thought he was human garbage before he supported trump tho.

Yeah sounds like what I thought it would be.. eh, I'll probably pick it up for $20 at some point and mess around with it.

Told ya. Pokemon Snap with guns.

I don't think we've ever discussed the game so I'm not sure who you told unless that was just a general "Told ya". :)

I'd say even with the issues I mentioned, the comparison to Pokemon Snap isn't really apt either. It's a deeper than game than that - just not varied enough is all.

NMS is going to be supported like Minecraft, I could see them adding tons of content.

Not sure if that's entirely accurate (I haven't kept up with post release updates for the game to be honest) but I'm certainly interested in where they plan on going in supporting the game. As stated, there's a good foundation to build on here. I'm not dismissing the the game outright long term.

It does look like owning big freighters and base building are coming in a future update:

http://www.thebitbag.com/no-mans-sky-launch-new-gameplays-soon-freights-base-building/171121

bionic77

No Mans Sky always looked like it was going to be boring.

That said, if I was not old and busy as fuck I am pretty sure a game like that would be my jam. As a kid I would have loved a game that had unlimited content and was set in space like that. The main reason I loved RPGs in the 80s and 90s is they gave the most content for your money. Once you mastered Contra you could beat the whole game in 30 minutes. Whereas a Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest game would have at least 20-40 hours of content and was the same price.

Bread

Banned
Says the guy defending him on the internet :^)
I will defend My Hero to the grave

Not sure if that's entirely accurate (I haven't kept up with post release updates for the game to be honest) but I'm certainly interested in where they plan on going in supporting the game. As stated, there's a good foundation to build on here. I'm not dismissing the the game outright long term.

It does look like owning big freighters and base building are coming in a future update:

http://www.thebitbag.com/no-mans-sky-launch-new-gameplays-soon-freights-base-building/171121
The framework is built for an incredible game, it feels like when New Rust came out and it was feature light but easy to build on. I could see big monthly updates since they probably have a huge influx of cash.

Fantomex

I cri

Line_HTX

No Mans Sky always looked like it was going to be boring.

That said, if I was not old and busy as fuck I am pretty sure a game like that would be my jam. As a kid I would have loved a game that had unlimited content and was set in space like that. The main reason I loved RPGs in the 80s and 90s is they gave the most content for your money. Once you mastered Contra you could beat the whole game in 30 minutes. Whereas a Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest game would have at least 20-40 hours of content and was the same price.

You could always play TMS like FMT since you like some FE.

cdyhybrid

I will defend My Hero to the grave

The framework is built for an incredible game, it feels like when New Rust came out and it was feature light but easy to build on. I could see big monthly updates since they probably have a huge influx of cash.
What does you defending Phil Rivers have to do with defending Brady tho

brentech

Yeah, if you're not into exploring and discovery, the game not only isn't for you --- but there was never any reason to think it was other than your own preconception of what the game would be.
Game is exactly as advertised. Tranquil exploration with some hostile forces / animals mixed in every now and then. Good for just chilling out.

Biggest problems for me are lack of full ship control like in Elite Dangerous. Cumbersome crafting/inventory system. Haven't been far enough to truly say how different the content can be.

Bread

Banned
What does you defending Phil Rivers have to do with defending Brady tho
Phil Rivers is my good friend, but he needs to bring a title to the Dieg before I can call him a hero.

In my book there are 3 heroes, Tom Brady, Malcolm Hero Butler, and Lebrong James.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom