• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

Yeah, but what's the overall goal?

I need to spend more time with it, but vague lies as a selling point...eh.

The overall goal is to get to the center of the galaxy/universe, although it's an exploration game at heart. It's all about the journey.

This is just a rumor, I'm not sure if it's true. But someone said when you get to the center of the galaxy
it just starts NG+

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2016-oakland-raiders-1785149022
The city of Oakland fired as many police commissioners in a week as the Raiders have had playoff wins this millenium. Nice to know the corruption never leaves the city, it just finds a new host.
They are going to move out of Oakland for the second time, and you know what? I don’t give a shit. Because they have been historically awful ever since their last Super Bowl. They are perhaps on the cusp of finally turning into a watchable NFL team, but they are leaving town again, so fuck it all. Fuck Mark Davis and the worst fucking haircut America has ever seen.

I think I could perhaps tolerate a move to Las Vegas, but on the other hand, a move to San Antonio would put the nail in the coffin and finally put me out of my misery because I will never ever root for a fucking Texas team and that might solve everything for me and my issues with the NFL because I can’t just choose another team to like and I’ll be done with the whole fucking league.
I honestly don’t know how we are gonna fuck it up this time, but I do know it’s gonna hurt more than the past 15 years of incompetence combined have.
This ridiculous idea of moving them to Las Vegas just proves Mark Davis is just as big a clown as he looks! Literally no city wants them. Even San Francisco’s toilet, Oakland, said hell no go ahead and leave! We have the dumbest, most belligerent fan base and you know what’s worse than an angry Raider fan when they’re losing? A stupid ignorant Raider fan when they are winning. It’s embarrassing watching our fans show up to city council meetings dressed like its BDSM night at the local bar and try and convince the city council to build a stadium for these clowns. And I guarantee in 10 years the Raiders will still be playing in the coliseum and getting fucked on year to year leases.

Mindlog

Yeah, but what's the overall goal?

I need to spend more time with it, but vague lies as a selling point...eh.
It's a really make your own fun kind of game. NMS will easily be in the top half of my top 10 list that I never make this year. Genuinely having a hard time seeing where it comes up short. I landed on an alien world looking for my parts to an alien language, pulled up next to a ruin as the rain lightly rattled the outside of my spaceship, had to hide in a cave to avoid an ice storm then exited the cave and looked up over the ruin to realize I was on a moon.

Next time I play I will take my spaceship and warp to the planet above.
Rad.

Not appealing to everyone and that's fine. I gave zero jacks about Zelda's Another Survival Game Now that drove everyone crazy.

Football.
Bucs!
Pre-season.
football.
Things to look out for: Our secondary looking like trash and Mr. Robot re-airings. Alf killed a guy!

jmood88

This is a good read about ex-Green Beret Brian Decker trying to bring his system for choosing Special Forces candidates to the NFL to decrease 1st round busts.

Interesting stuff. Apparently Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi hired him to help out with the Browns in early 2014, but were subsequently fired before his first day.
That's a great story. I hope he gets a chance somewhere.

Striker

Started dating slightly older lady, very well to do.

She is attending a wedding in Croatia next month and offered to let me be her date. She said she will pay for my ticket, and she already has lodging.

My brain is equal parts "yes free trip with attractive woman!" The other part is "Is this a scam? Is she crazy? I will get murdered."

Should I do it? It's one business week.
I'll go with her.

Sanjuro

If you're looking for a game with an overall goal this is not for you. I like the idea of exploring and upgrading my stuff, that's why I'm having a great time so far.

Also I don't think it's fair to say that vague lies were the selling point. They were definitely lying and it's bullshit but the selling point of the game was never to meet up with your friends or find some person randomly in the galaxy.

The overall goal is to get to the center of the galaxy/universe, although it's an exploration game at heart. It's all about the journey.

This is just a rumor, I'm not sure if it's true. But someone said when you get to the center of the galaxy
it just starts NG+

That's part of the problem.

I'm fine relaxing and checking things out. If it's consistently the same task then then I can see it becoming an issue.

Do you not have a job...? You can just take a week off like that?

I'd do it!! Bring some rubbers. Visit our Euro friends while you're there. Croatia is close to Nederland, right Dutchy?

Close enough!

Th condoms are not for me though right? Bae is on vacation, but that does not make it okay, and I'm sure Banned is a nice dude, but I don't roll that way.

Bread

Banned
Close enough!

Th condoms are not for me though right? Bae is on vacation, but that does not make it okay, and I'm sure Banned is a nice dude, but I don't roll that way.
randall would never suggest such a thing! he just wants to make sure banned doesn't make baby

Started dating slightly older lady, very well to do.

She is attending a wedding in Croatia next month and offered to let me be her date. She said she will pay for my ticket, and she already has lodging.

My brain is equal parts "yes free trip with attractive woman!" The other part is "Is this a scam? Is she crazy? I will get murdered."

Should I do it? It's one business week.

What?! Of course you do it you fool!!!

You are living the dream!

Croatia is also incredibly beautiful.

NFL Week 1 |OT|
giphy.gif

Fantomex

He says "my girl" a lot. He knows her for a month.

I gotta ask the olds, because I don't want to make a broad generalization of Gata and Grovers generation. But were we simpy, sensitive little bitches in our early 20's like the dudes on GAF are? I mean the fact that he's asking if "he's overreacting about she sharing a bed with the guy". Even if he's gay I'm like hell no. I wouldn't even be ok with my girl texting a dude back then.

Bionic
Mech
Chris
Red
Deacon
Scooter
Chuck

Sounds like the perfect relationship to me,

It doesn't to me. I like my bae close. Why is she moving Brother Bread?

I gotta ask the olds, because I don't want to make a broad generalization of Gata and Grovers generation. But were we simpy, sensitive little bitches in our early 20's like the dudes on GAF are? I mean the fact that he's asking if "he's overreacting about she sharing a bed with the guy". Even if he's gay I'm like hell no. I wouldn't even be ok with my girl texting a dude back then.

Bionic
Mech
Chris
Red
Deacon
Scooter
Chuck

If you wouldn't let her text with a dude, then you probably were a sensitive little bitch :(

Fantomex

If you wouldn't let her text with a dude, then you probably were a sensitive little bitch :(

I don't think we had texts back then. The phones were too obtuse and annoying for anyone to actually want to. So it was phone calls. Back then you wouldn't call a girl to just hear about her day. Phone calls were like 10 cents a minute, 30 cent's when it went over a minute. So by using mathematics, calling a girl who wasn't your girlfriend had to be looked at as an investment. Meaning that you were gonna get the payoff eventually. Back then, we were all chasing tail. And if a dude was calling your girl, it's not cuz they wanted to braid each other's hair on the weekend.

First episode is pretty great. It's an encapsulation of why Fisher (and the Lambs by extension) are dumpster fires every year.

Listen CDY. I know we are all fam in a sense here. But I'm gonna take our past amicable history as a down payment on this pass I'm about to give you. I will by no means allow bad mouthing of my football team here. I'm the only RAMS fan, and I am very passionate about my team. So I'm gonna disregard your erroneous and disrespectful comments and pretend you were talking about Colorado State. Good day.

Bionic
Mech
Chris
Red
Deacon
Scooter
Chuck

I sure wasn't

And that's why I'm 33 and single
;_;

I don't think we had texts back then. The phones were too obtuse and annoying for anyone to actually want to. So it was phone calls. Back then you wouldn't call a girl to just hear about her day. Phone calls were like 10 cents a minute, 30 cent's when it went over a minute. So by using mathematics, calling a girl who wasn't your girlfriend had to be looked at as an investment. Meaning that you were gonna get the payoff eventually. Back then, we were all chasing tail. And if a dude was calling your girl, it's not cuz they wanted to braid each other's hair on the weekend.

lol yeah we didn't have texts back then. I did have a cell phone but like Fanto points out that was used for the booty and nothing else, I think I had like 300 min per month? Forget texts that shit got expensive quick.

Am I actually feeling sorry for Tabris right now? Someone slap me.

Bionic
Mech
Chris
Red
Deacon
Scooter
Chuck
GAF is the wrong forum to talk about relationships. The populace is always waiting for you to say something to enable them to call you a misogynist.

This guy is obviously pissed at this - he wouldn't have made the thread otherwise. He's just trying to avoid the inevitable onslaught of "You're trying to control her" and "how dare you have emotions that can be construed as negative! " posts.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...d-in-ohio-over-hall-of-fame-non-game/related/

A quartet of customers have filed a class action against the NFL and the Pro Football Hall of Fame (technically known as “National Football Museum, Inc.”) in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio.

The class representatives include Matthew Crabb, a disabled Iraq veteran who lives in Indiana, and Tiffany Ratcliff, a Virginia resident whose husband took leave from the U.S. Navy to attend the game with her. The other class representatives, Alan Biland and Carmelo Treviso, traveled to the game from Wisconsin.

Beyond the issue of the game cancellation, the lawsuit also focuses on a Super Bowl XLV-esque failure to install sufficient seating for the game, resulting in Ratcliff and others not having seats to go along with their tickets.

Bionic
Mech
Chris
Red
Deacon
Scooter
Chuck

This post is a bit ironic considering the OP of that thread is 31.

Breadstream co-founder AND a lawyer? Talk about being the 1%.....!!

But you're a super doctor who is going to specialize in something really cool and find a very rich bae. Then the three of us and our baes are gonna hang out at the country club and eat club sandwiches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom