• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milchjon

Friends, according to my information it's Actstriker's birthday! (Assuming it's Saturday where you are, fucking slow as fuck west coasters)

Bitanator

Cowboys tomorrow, yall look out for Darius Jackson to bust out a long run, this kid will be a nice running back for the team. Camp star Andy Jones at WR I will be watching closely, he is making really nice catches, and his leaping ability just literally jumps out at you. Can we generate a pass rush at all? probably not, and even though it is preseason, expect national and local media to feature that as their main talking point, along with a could Johnny Football be coming to Dallas ten minute segment.

Cowboys tomorrow, yall look out for Darius Jackson to bust out a long run, this kid will be a nice running back for the team. Camp star Andy Jones at WR I will be watching closely, he is making really nice catches, and his leaping ability just literally jumps out at you. Can we generate a pass rush at all? probably not, and even though it is preseason, expect national and local media to feature that as their main talking point, along with a could Johnny Football be coming to Dallas ten minute segment.

I'm ready!

Cps1x7_UAAAfjwL.jpg

Andy Jones I'm excited about but what's the point of Darius Jackson doing well? We're committed to Zeke.

Bitanator

Andy Jones I'm excited about but what's the point of Darius Jackson doing well? We're committed to Zeke.

Okay? Zeke is not going to be running every down every game, if we have three solid running backs that is an advantage, a plus if he is decent on special teams. It also gives us incentive to rid ourselves of Mcfadden, Jackson showing he can be a good running back option for the Cowboys is important

Okay? Zeke is not going to be running every down every game, if we have three solid running backs that is an advantage, a plus if he is decent on special teams. It also gives us incentive to rid ourselves of Mcfadden, Jackson showing he can be a good running back option for the Cowboys is important

I'd be a lot more excited if he was running behind Morris/McFadden and not our 4th overall pick. As it stands, it's just not something I care about. Takes all kinds.

Bitanator

I'd be a lot more excited if he was running behind Morris/McFadden and not our 4th overall pick. As it stands, it's just not something I care about. Takes all kinds.

I'm not looking for him to a number two, but I'd like to keep Dunbar on the team, he is much more dynamic in the passing game than Mcfadden while being as reliable injury wise. That leaves Dallas having to to keep either or, Jackson is cheap and young compared ot Mcfadden, and if he proves he can be a solid three, then I don't see the problem. With Zeke injured this week he will get the majority of reps this game, that is why I was excited to see what he can do

I'm not looking for him to a number two, but I'd like to keep Dunbar on the team, he is much more dynamic in the passing game than Mcfadden while being as reliable injury wise. That leaves Dallas having to to keep either or, Jackson is cheap and young compared ot Mcfadden, and if he proves he can be a solid three, then I don't see the problem. With Zeke injured this week he will get the majority of reps this game, that is why I was excited to see what he can do

I mean you're right man I'm just still salty about the pick.

My family is gone for the weekend so I have to run to McDonald's if I want breakfast as i'm too lazy to cook for myself.

Before that though, impressions of last night's game. Won't bore you with a play by play, players:

Sean Davis - liked what I saw. He's a rookie and Boldin turned him inside out for a huge gain but his speed and talent is noticeable.

Daniel McCullers - better burst off the snap, still not great. Needs to get lower - too often stood up and driven out of the play. For a dude that big and heavy that should not be happening

Javon Hargrave - Exciting. That dude was eating whoever he lined up against. Needs technique, but he's special. Can't believe he slipped to the 3rd round.

Anthony Chickillo - victim of the routine preseason overhyping. Still gets stuck on blocks, no pass rush moves.

Doran Grant - got lucky. Yeah he got a taint but it was off a gift throw. Seems to be another smart guy hampered by low athleticism.

Shamarko Thomas - much better showing this year than last, but I feel his ceiling is backup. Doesn't have the smarts needed I fear.

Tyler Matakevich - Feel bad for that guy. He's got an all pro mind but a practice squad body. That's good enough to be a Giants linebacker though. Expect him there soon.

Hunter S.

Minor details for flame throwing:

Thanks to the Raiders and Dolphins the AFC retains the AFC vs. NFC battle 5-3.

I will score all preseason and regular season, so the battle of the best is alive and well (we lost ez, who made this battle on his own, rip)!

bionic77

My family is gone for the weekend so I have to run to McDonald's if I want breakfast as i'm too lazy to cook for myself.

Before that though, impressions of last night's game. Won't bore you with a play by play, players:

Sean Davis - liked what I saw. He's a rookie and Boldin turned him inside out for a huge gain but his speed and talent is noticeable.

Daniel McCullers - better burst off the snap, still not great. Needs to get lower - too often stood up and driven out of the play. For a dude that big and heavy that should not be happening

Javon Hargrave - Exciting. That dude was eating whoever he lined up against. Needs technique, but he's special. Can't believe he slipped to the 3rd round.

Anthony Chickillo - victim of the routine preseason overhyping. Still gets stuck on blocks, no pass rush moves.

Doran Grant - got lucky. Yeah he got a taint but it was off a gift throw. Seems to be another smart guy hampered by low athleticism.

Shamarko Thomas - much better showing this year than last, but I feel his ceiling is backup. Doesn't have the smarts needed I fear.

Tyler Matakevich - Feel bad for that guy. He's got an all pro mind but a practice squad body. That's good enough to be a Giants linebacker though. Expect him there soon.
I didn't watch the whole game but both Stafford and Landry both made some horrible decisions.

We still don't have a consistent pass rush and I fear great qbs are going to carve us up. Missed some tackles in that first quarter too. But on the other hand the D did make some plays. If we want a trophy at the end of the year the offense will have to carry us.

Missed the fins game last night building my PC. I know the starters didn't play much at all, but did I miss anything notable from some of the rookies or FAs?

I didn't watch the whole game but both Stafford and Landry both made some horrible decisions.

We still don't have a consistent pass rush and I fear great qbs are going to carve us up. Missed some tackles in that first quarter too. But on the other hand the D did make some plays. If we want a trophy at the end of the year the offense will have to carry us.

I disagree. Cam and Tuitt are great pass rushers, and Deebo is Deebo. Dupree and Jarvis didn't play yesterday.

The Steelers problems, as with last year, will be in the secondary.

bionic77

I disagree. Cam and Tuitt are great pass rushers, and Deebo is Deebo. Dupree and Jarvis didn't play yesterday.

The Steelers problems, as with last year, will be in the secondary.
I would say we have a good pass rush, not sure if it is great. We can't just dominate the LOS for 60 minutes. We will get sacks like we did last year and they will help us win games, but the offense determines how far we go.

I would love to be wrong btw. I hope we set a sack record and dominate qbs and olines left and right. I will be happy if you shove this in my face at the end of the season....

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What I did like from what I saw of RG3 is just how effortless he made it look throwing the ball downfield.

I know it's not much but the last few years have been terrible in Cleveland. The fact this offense looks like it actually wants to move downfield as opposed to pretending to the last few years is amazing.

Otherwise I liked Ogbah and Nassib flashed a bit.

Taylor from Miami couldn't tackle for shit all of a sudden.

bionic77

What I did like from what I saw of RG3 is just how effortless he made it look throwing the ball downfield.

I know it's not much but the last few years have been terrible in Cleveland. The fact this offense looks like it actually wants to move downfield as opposed to pretending to the last few years is amazing.

I hope the NFL puts Burfict in jail after he murders RG3.

Hello Kave_friend, watched the game late last night. Thoughts

Hue used a ton of motions and looks with the first team O, it made me think holy shit are the Browns allowed to do these things? One I remember Barnidge was in the backfield with a Rb and both came out running wheel routes. Lol I know it sounds small but it's shit we never get in Cleveland haha -_-

Mostert started out rocky with the dropped kick, but I was surprised by how much work he got at Rb. He's quick, had some Good running yesterday.

Pryor looked good. Got open a few times, he's advanced a good amount. Excited for Coleman to line up across from him

I think we have a Kicking battle?

Carl nassib my Game of Thronss fan, put in some effort. Could be good for us in the long run. Ogbah did some good things too, surprised by how fast he looked haha. Dude is a athlete

Joe schobert (OLB) did some good. Set some edges. Wasn't a perfect day but really looked promising. Is Mingo even going to make this team?

The secondary hmmm🤔🤔

Say what you will about the D so far but it'll be nice to get away from that O'Neil defense, can't get any worse.

#Browns Cody Kessler. Weirdest stats lines in NFL history: 2-of-2 passing, one TD, two safeties, three sacks, 137.5 passer rating
We did it!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hello Kave_friend, watched the game late last night. Thoughts

Hue used a ton of motions and looks with the first team O, it made me think holy shit are the Browns allowed to do these things? One I remember Barnidge was in the backfield with a Rb and both came out running wheel routes. Lol I know it sounds small but it's shit we never get in Cleveland haha -_-

Mostert started out rocky with the dropped kick, but I was surprised by how much work he got at Rb. He's quick, had some Good running yesterday.

Pryor looked good. Got open a few times, he's advanced a good amount. Excited for Coleman to line up across from him

I think we have a Kicking battle?

Carl nassib my Game of Thronss fan, put in some effort. Could be good for us in the long run. Ogbah did some good things too, surprised by how fast he looked haha. Dude is a athlete

Joe schobert (OLB) did some good. Set some edges. Wasn't a perfect day but really looked promising. Is Mingo even going to make this team?

The secondary hmmm🤔🤔

Say what you will about the D so far but it'll be nice to get away from that O'Neil defense, can't get any worse.

We did it!

Hahaha highlighted I totally forgot about but yeah I had the exact same thought.

"Wait is this allowed?"

It got me excited BG, really excited.

8-8!

Farooq

Banned

I think it comes down to Lawrence Okoye and Mike McAdoo for the final d-line spot.

DT: Crawford, Crawford, McClain, Thornton, Collins

DE: Irving, Russell, Tapper, Mayowa, Okoye/McAdoo

Suspended: Lawrence, Gregory

Jack Crawford, Irving, and Okoye have versatility to play inside, might help Okoye earn a spot. I really want Okoye to make it. His explosion numbers are really special (Best in the league for a 300+lb player), he is just so fucking raw.

I would sacrifice Russell or Mayowa for Okoye's potential. Considering Mayowa's recent signing and dearth at end I doubt Mayowa goes anywhere. Reports suggest Russell is having a good camp as well. Seems like a good problem to have, couple of young athletic lineman vying for a roster spot. However, the Chiefs lost Iriving last year, and I am sure they are kicking themselves for losing him.

Farooq

Banned

I like what I saw from Jackson in the scrimmage but still have questions about his pass protection. Say Zeke goes down, and we get rid of McFadden, the trio of Morris, Dunbar, and Jackson does not inspire confidence if any of them were required to pass protect.

I think the final RB spot is between Dunbar and Jackson rather than Jackson and McFadden. Unless another team offers something generous for McFadden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom