• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Turned on the game for the first time...why does SF have so many yards.

chiptongue_medium.gif

MechDX

So Texans UDFA kicker hit a 45 yard FG. You don't have to draft a kicker in the 2ND round of the draft to get a decent one?

Mind blown

squicken

Lane Johnson is no longer working with the first team. Thankfully Peters and Brooks were back at practice. They are trying Barbe at RT but I think they are just throwing darts right now

Line_HTX

Track and Field was sooo good.

WHOO!

EDIT: Wow, Forester...

At least it's not her overrated twin or something, I dunno... Regardless, fuck the Broncos anyway!

Hunter S.

NFC vs. AFC week 1 preseason war!

The AFC blasts it's power in week 1 beating the NFC. 6-4.

Good job Texans. Damn you Seahawks ( my fav. NFC team)...

@San Diego Bread
I just got a vape today. Cigarettes are gone for good. So shut you slimey pats mouth....

Thanks

Furyous

Years from now people will look back at that Brock deal and wonder wtf were the Texans thinking.

Nah, we've seen worse QBs get bad deals. Ryan Tannehill gets 17.9 mill in 2017 so blame the phins for this shit. You go with potential and pay for it early so your cap space doesn't magically disappear in order to sign the guy later a la Joe Flacco.

CardsGAF we need to find ways to poach either Travone, Dak, or some other promising young backup QB from a team. I knew we should've traded Drew for Dak or better yet just fucking drafted Dak in the first place.

Nah, we've seen worse QBs get bad deals. Ryan Tannehill gets 17.9 mill in 2017 so blame the phins for this shit. You go with potential and pay for it early so your cap space doesn't magically disappear in order to sign the guy later a la Joe Flacco.

CardsGAF we need to find ways to poach either Travone, Dak, or some other promising young backup QB from a team. I knew we should've traded Drew for Dak or better yet just fucking drafted Dak in the first place.

Tannehills contract is 13th highest in the league...right around where he ranks, his contract was sensible when he signed it and looks even better now after what Brock got.

I feel like that's a terrible choice for some reason.

It's very good, I get it spicy.

Why hasn't Mech been indicted for killing Trejo?

Gotta find the body....#RIPTrejo

MechDX

Tannehills contract is 13th highest in the league...right around where he ranks, his contract was sensible when he signed it and looks even better now after what Brock got.
o

Where the hell are you getting your numbers??

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/guaranteed/quarterback/

Brocks $38 million guaranteed puts him in the middle of the pack. He got what the going rate was for a free agent QB in this league thanks to what Sam Bradford got

Next year someone new will get a higher amount than Bradford and the cost will rise again

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
It's week 1 of the preseason
Exactly! Our season was over before it even began!

Some good performances. I wonder why Strong is 2nd string but I feel like he behind everyone else tbh. And just like always, our first round picks are developing nicely. Fuller put in work, KJ is showing up. Miller looked amazing. Brock needs to get it together. But yeah. So far so good.

MechDX

Exactly! Our season was over before it even began!

Some good performances. I wonder why Strong is 2nd string but I feel like he behind everyone else tbh. And just like always, our first round picks are developing nicely. Fuller put in work, KJ is showing up. Miller looked amazing. Brock needs to get it together. But yeah. So far so good.

With the on set of gameplan offenses and different sets "starting WR" means pretty much zilch in todays game except for "true #1 WR". Just like 4/3 or 3/4 defenses dont really mean much when everyone has to play nickel defense 70% of the time.

Where the hell are you getting your numbers??

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/guaranteed/quarterback/

Brocks $38 million guaranteed puts him in the middle of the pack. He got what the going rate was for a free agent QB in this league thanks to what Sam Bradford got

Next year someone new will get a higher amount than Bradford and the cost will rise again

http://overthecap.com/player/ryan-tannehill/717/

Oh I see you mean about Brock, I had no idea what his actual numbers were, all I meant was what Tannehill got was fair for who he is and his experience compared to Brock who has only played 7 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom