• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Bruce Gradkowski has a sizable hamstring tear, according to a source, complicating the team's quarterback depth chart.

Dude's more fragile than Charlie Batch jumping out a third story window into a vat filled with acid and gorillas. RIP

MechDX

Dude's more fragile than Charlie Batch jumping out a third story window into a vat filled with acid and gorillas. RIP

Taylor Jonathan "T. J." Yates

Marvin Lewis and Dalton would literally shit their pants knowing they potentially face him twice a year

Good morning fuckers
giphyl9ck2.gif
Morning biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago
Bengals rookie DT Andrew Billings underwent knee surgery today for torn meniscus and is out indefinitely, if not for season, per source.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 21m21 minutes ago
Saints first-round pick Sheldon Rankins will have surgery on his fractured fibula and likely be sidelined about six weeks, per source.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago

Bengals rookie DT Andrew Billings underwent knee surgery today for torn meniscus and is out indefinitely, if not for season, per source.

So both the guys the Bengals took that the Steelers were heavily interested in, Billings and William Jackson 3, are done for the year. Eat shit, gutter cats!
Hope those guys get better and then are traded to better franchises.

Too late, they already have a history:

Steve Smith
Kenny Phillips
Rueben Randle

Yep. That's what one thing I've learned about Jerry Reese. Despite all of his faults, when he lets a player go they rarely end up being much of anything for the team that signs them. I remember giving Reese a ton of shit for letting Steve Smith walk at the time and I ate crow on that one. He was 100% right to let it happen. Smith's knee was just done.

We'll see how Amukamara plays out in Jacksonville. I do think Beatty has a solid chance to be good depth somewhere though.

bionic77

No idea why they don't dump Gradkowski already and give Landry the keys to the corvette.
Grabasski is actually a good qb for the 5 minutes a season he is not injured.

Landry is hot garbage. He only looks serviceable next to Vick, and I am not sure what the fuck happened to him.

Pittsburgh, where backup qb's go to die...

Gronk may have hurt himself.

"Gronk pulled up on the first 7-on-7 route of practice. Now leaving the field with trainer Jim Whalen." - @JeffPHowe

kas don't look
http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2016-detroit-lions-1785297993

We have never won the NFC North.
I grew up in suburban Detroit. My father was an abusive alcoholic who would routinely beat all of us and make us sleep on the floor as punishment for whatever he thought we did wrong that day.

Passing on his fandom of the Detroit Lions was still the worst thing he’s ever done to me.
Playoff Wins since 1958:

Mark Sanchez: 4

TJ Yates: 1

Tim Tebow: 1

Aaron Brooks: 1

Tommy Maddox: 1

The entire Lions Franchise: 1
- Calvin Johnson wasted his stellar career and has nothing to show for it.

- Matthew Stafford is on the decline of his career and will have nothing to show for it.
They are losers. They will always be losers.
Our sad group of moron fans has to be the only ones who would dare to say our team would actually IMPROVE with the retirement of Calvin Johnson (who was still drawing double coverage), arguably one of the greatest wide receivers of all time! This has literally been said on local sports radio by our homer dummy fans more times than I can count. I can’t even take it. I wish I was born closer to ANY other city with an NFL team so I wouldn’t have to subjected to this dickpunch of a franchise year after year......Except Cleveland.
The only thing that has poisoned more people in Michigan than the Flint water supply is Lions fandom.
Our old best player decided that he would rather just retire than play another down for the Lions.

Our new best player started playing football in 2010.
In 1999, when Barry Sanders abruptly retired in his prime, I was a 16 year old teenage boy who reacted by crying. I think I also burned a Sanders jersey and some of his football cards. I did all this despite having several years of learning how the Lions worked. That, and also my father lamenting how sorry he was he made me a Lions fan.

Fast forward to 2016 and Calvin Johnson’s retirement (once again in his prime). A now 33-year-old me, who at this point has at least 25 years of disappointing memories (including the 0-16 season, which I cheered for near the end, because, why not?), reacts with a good for you, Calvin for getting out of this hell-hole while you can.

I wish I could time travel and punch my 16-year-old dumbass self in the face.
Matthew Stafford’s record as a starter is 42-51. He has had only two winning seasons out of seven. He lost both playoff games he played in, and has only one career road win against a winning team. Yet he is the best quarterback the Lions have had in 56 years and it isn’t even close.
“Restore the Roar” is the team mantra. They are the only team in the NFC to have never played in the Super Bowl. Not the only team in the NFC to not win a Super Bowl, they haven’t even made it to the game. What roar do they have to restore?
ZODIAC MOTHERFUCKER said:
SO IT IS IN THE SPIRIT OF THE GREATEST PLAYERS IN DETROIT LIONS HISTORY THAT I SAY:

FUCK THIS SHIT. I QUIT.

The 27-year-old Newton told GQ he believes people's dislike of him has nothing to do with the fact that he is African American.

"It's not racism," Newton told the magazine. "Everybody's entitled to their own opinion."

When asked about a comment he made before Super Bowl 50 — “I’m an African-American quarterback that may scare a lot of people because they haven’t seen nothing that they can compare me to" — Newton replied, "I don't want this to be about race, because it's not. It's not. Like, we're beyond that. As a nation."

Where's that pic of a Supreme Court justice quote from a year or two ago that was literally "Racism is over in the US"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom