• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
I booked a trip to Vegas for October!

Unfortunately I only booked going there and back, because I think it's gonna leave me short of silver-level status on Delta after all the works trips I've done :(

/tab ris

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
NFL Network ‏@nflnetwork 4m4 minutes ago

BREAKING: @Eagles announce they have acquired WR @realdgb from the @Titans in exchange for G/T Dennis Kelly.

@realdgb is Dorial Green-Beckham.

Haha the Eagles just traded for Dorial Green Beckham. Didn't the Titans get him at the top of the 2nd in the Mariota draft? Wonder what the Eagles paid? Green hasn't lived up to the hype

Pepiope

Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson 3m3 minutes ago

#Titans are upset w/ how Green-Beckham responded to demands. Told to work harder in offseason, came in out of shape. Didn't improve. #Eagles

Fuck it, can he catch? UPGRADE

Hindl

NFL Network ‏@nflnetwork 4m4 minutes ago

BREAKING: @Eagles announce they have acquired WR @realdgb from the @Titans in exchange for G/T Dennis Kelly.

@realdgb is Dorial Green-Beckham.

Fuck it sure. Kelly was trash anyway, DGB can at least compete for a spot. He can't make our WR corps worse

Jerry Jones confirms Cowboys won't pursue a veteran backup QB, all in on Dak Prescott.

I would be too he looked good for his first NFL snaps and he has the talent around him to make an easier transition than most rookie QBs

jmdajr

I thought I could watch the Texans PreSeason game on PS Vue since the local channels are on there but..NOPE.

I wonder if it will be different during regular season. But it''s not like they carry CBS anyway.
They are business for themselves brother!

gutshot

Wow. Interesting trade. Kinda risky giving up depth from our already paper thin offensive line. But Green-Beckham instantly becomes the most physically gifted WR on our roster. Worth taking a gamble on him.

BigAT

The Eagles getting incredibly desperate before the season even begins?

the-grinch-grin.gif

kmag

He must have been REALLY out of shape, or causing problems in the locker room. I dont understand this otherwise.

I think DGB just didn't really apply himself.

Ross TuckerVerified account
‏@RossTuckerNFL
I was told last year that DGB had trouble even getting lined up correctly for Titans. Guess this year wasn't going much better.

BigAT

I think when you can get a wide receiver that has motivation issues and have him study under Reuben Randle, that's a deal you have to pull the trigger on.

BigAT

Why you guys mad we got Cris Carter 2.0?

Wait, are you really citing a wide receiver that had terrible motivation issues with the Eagles and only found true success after leaving Philadelphia? Oh god, even your fantasies are fucking terrible.

Hindl

He must have been REALLY out of shape, or causing problems in the locker room. I dont understand this otherwise.

Out of shape, lacks motivation, apparently is really raw, and he was getting beat by a 5th round rookie on the depth chart for the Titans. But the Titans have much better WR than the Eagles. Plus, everyone here criticizing the Eagles for giving up a lineman when their depth is shit don't understand Dennis Kelly. He was by far the worst member of that atrocious OL last year, he was probably gonna be cut at the end of training camp. The fact that the Eagles got anything is a miracle, even if DGB never amounts to shit I'd make this trade every time. Worst case is both teams just traded for bums and they'll both be out of the league in a year or two anyway, which whatever.

I'm glad the Eagles have enough depth on the line to make a trade like this and get weapons for a franchise QB like Bradford.

In this case I'll take a WR over a backup G/T. I can't even understand how this trade happened. A 5th round back up offensive linemen for a 2nd round WR?

I think we'll see the Eagles sign one of the offensive linemen that are free agents that no one has picked up yet.

MechDX

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 26m26 minutes ago
Why would the #Titans trade Green-Beckham? Rishard Matthews, Tajae Sharp, Kendall Wright, Harry Douglas, Andre Johnson were ahead of him.

Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson 54m54 minutes ago
#Titans are upset w/ how Green-Beckham responded to demands. Told to work harder in offseason, came in out of shape. Didn't improve.
#Eagles

Cant beat out Andre "40 catches" Johnson and he is fat

gutshot

Out of shape, lacks motivation, apparently is really raw, and he was getting beat by a 5th round rookie on the depth chart for the Titans. But the Titans have much better WR than the Eagles. Plus, everyone here criticizing the Eagles for giving up a lineman when their depth is shit don't understand Dennis Kelly. He was by far the worst member of that atrocious OL last year, he was probably gonna be cut at the end of training camp. The fact that the Eagles got anything is a miracle, even if DGB never amounts to shit I'd make this trade every time. Worst case is both teams just traded for bums and they'll both be out of the league in a year or two anyway, which whatever.

True. Kelly is only "depth" in the sense that he is a warm body they can plug in. He really doesn't offer much more than that.

DGB on the other hand could turn things around and become the best WR on the roster. Or not, but then you just cut him and move on. It's a low risk, high reward scenario and those are always worth taking a shot on.

True. Kelly is only "depth" in the sense that he is a warm body they can plug in. He really doesn't offer much more than that.

DGB on the other hand could turn things around and become the best WR on the roster. Or not, but then you just cut him and move on. It's a low risk, high reward scenario and those are always worth taking a shot on.

I mean, I wouldn't have been shocked if Dennis Kelly was cut at the end of camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom