• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter S.

Does anything think Mcgregor has a chance on Saturday?
UFC shocks me all the time, so yes of course. No one predicted the fall of Ronda, or the infamous broken leg of Anderson Silver. The examples are limitless.

If Nate Diaz losses I blame the pot smoking, though.

Hunter S.

Lol at the Broncos rookie haircuts.

screen_shot_2016-08-17_at_9.45.32_am.0.0.png

brentech

Does anything think Mcgregor has a chance on Saturday?
My guess before the first fight was that Diaz would win via decision. Still think Connors only chance to win is in the first or second round by knockout.
So, yea, I think he has a chance, but Diaz has a lot more ways to win.

bionic77

My guess before the first fight was that Diaz would win via decision. Still think Connors only chance to win is in the first or second round by knockout.
So, yea, I think he has a chance, but Diaz has a lot more ways to win.
Doesn't look like Conor's power goes up to the next weight class.

Nate looked like he could take his shots in that first fight and I don't think he has a plan B if he can't knock you the fuck out.

I see Nate winning via submission but you never know with UFC.

Back to football, is Bell's suspension confirmed for 4 games? Was hoping the league reduced it to 2 games based on past awesomeness. Roger needs to show some mercy and remember that this is going to hurt a lot of fantasy teams.

Hindl

Oh huh, the Eagles Steelers game is on NFL network. I'll actually be able to watch it. Time to see if Greg Lewis put stickum on all our WRs gloves

bionic77

Too little.
I would have said 18-25 is about right for what he did so I think the prosecutors did their job (though I don't know the exact details other than he drugged and raped women).

This ain't Detroit or another 3rd world country where we would killer a rapist in the most horrible way to match the crime. Our system is much better.

Also, 18 years in prison is a long fucking time. I have seen grown men fucking break down like a babies over 2 year sentences.

This is coming from someone who thinks rape is one of the worst crimes imaginable and one that our country lets pass far too often.

bionic77

Agreed completely. Basically two years per victim, and that's assuming he even does the full sentence. Horrible
Sentencing is weird.

What he did was fucking horrible, but is it worse than murder?

If you sentence him to 50 years that is basically worse than a 1st degree murder.

If you got 10 people in a room they would all come up with a different sentence for most serious crimes.

cdyhybrid

I would have said 18-25 is about right for what he did so I think the prosecutors did their job (though I don't know the exact details other than he drugged and raped women).

This ain't Detroit or another 3rd world country where we would killer a rapist in the most horrible way to match the crime. Our system is much better.

Also, 18 years in prison is a long fucking time. I have seen grown men fucking break down like a babies over 2 year sentences.

This is coming from someone who thinks rape is one of the worst crimes imaginable and one that our country lets pass far too often.
You'd know far better than I if that's a typical sentence for what he did. So assuming that it is, I'd just say that I think the typical sentence isn't long enough :p

It's not a light punishment for sure, but he showed such a consistent pattern of behavior that I wonder if even 18 years would be sufficient. I'm not saying they should execute him or anything (I'm generally against the death penalty in most cases). I'd prefer that our penal system make a turn towards rehabilitation rather than making profit/fucking over black people and Latinos, but can you really rehab someone who did all the shit he did? Not asking rhetorically, I honestly wonder.

Bread

Banned
Sentencing is weird.

What he did was fucking horrible, but is it worse than murder?

If you sentence him to 50 years that is basically worse than a 1st degree murder.

If you got 10 people in a room they would all come up with a different sentence for most serious crimes.
I'd say 16 rapes could definitely be considered worse than one murder

bionic77

You'd know far better than I if that's a typical sentence for what he did. So assuming that it is, I'd just say that I think the typical sentence isn't long enough :p

It's not a light punishment for sure, but he showed such a consistent pattern of behavior that I wonder if even 18 years would be sufficient. I'm not saying they should execute him or anything (I'm generally against the death penalty in most cases). I'd prefer that our penal system make a turn towards rehabilitation rather than making profit/fucking over black people and Latinos, but can you really rehab someone who did all the shit he did? Not asking rhetorically, I honestly wonder.
There are honestly no good answers. See my post above. Sentencing for horrible crimes is really hard.

Also I am not really an expert on criminal law. I did defense work for about 6 months but I fucking hated it because all of my clients were scumbags and obviously guilty and I hated being around them and working for them and collecting money from their families. Never did a rape or murder though.

bionic77

I'd say 16 rapes could definitely be considered worse than one murder
I can't say that you are wrong.

Like I said, shit gets real weird for sentencing.

And honestly no punishment for this guy could be enough unless we went truly medieval on his ass. I am pretty sure none of us want that. It provides a temporary satisfaction but that is not the society I want to live in.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I can't say that you are wrong.

Like I said, shit gets real weird for sentencing.

And honestly no punishment for this guy could be enough unless we went truly medieval on his ass. I am pretty sure none of us want that. It provides a temporary satisfaction but that is not the society I want to live in.

I don't mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom