• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's the Bills http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2016-buffalo-bills-1785446085

We’ve had more people fall from the top deck at Ralph Wilson Stadium than wins in the playoffs over the last 16 years.
Even Cleveland has a championship now.
The last time we had a home prime time game, two people died. Our home opener is a Thursday night game against the Jets. Shit.
Rex Ryan, lauded as some sort of defensive genius, showed up in 2015 and in his first news conference promised to, “build a bully.” The defense, with 9 of 11 starters returning, dropped all the way to 31st in sacks, 19th in yards allowed, and 15th in points allowed. The team finished 8-8.

What did we do to make sure 2016 would be different?

Bills 2016 Draft (* indicates pre-draft knowledge)

Round 1 – DE that needs surgery* and will likely start the season on the PUP list

Round 2 – Give up picks to move up and select an ILB that has an enlarged aorta*

Round 3 – DT that was arrested trying to pay an undercover cop $100 for a blowie*

Round 4 – QB whose ENTIRE college career totals are 11 starts, 15 TD, and 7 INT*

Round 5 – RB who got busted for DUI between mini camp and training camp

Round 6 – With two picks in this round, we take a WR and a CB despite having Watkins and one of the best young corner duos in Gilmore and Darby.
Since the Bills last made the playoffs, I’ve finished elementary, middle, and high school. I started and finished college, was gainfully employed for four years after college, and am currently interning after my first year of graduate school. The other day I bragged that the Bills just had back-to-back non-losing season.
Last season, during a Patriots extra-point attempt, in other words, immediately following a Patriots touchdown, the Bills committed a taunting penalty.
I can still remember watching the Music City Miracle happen before my eyes. I was a happy, somewhat unassuming 8-year old, watching the game at a friend’s house (the type of jerkoff who you feature on this very website for lighting himself on fire at a tailgate... he’s now in jail). As Derrick Mason crossed the goal line, my friend’s white-trash father finished his (probably fresh) beer, gently setting that empty can down, and walked out their front door without saying a word, his eyes staring vacantly into the abyss.

A part of my innocence died that day.
Starting next season, Bills fans may have to specify which Clinton was President the last time they were in the playoffs.
There’s still a hole in the drywall at my dad’s house from the Music City Miracle. My preteen ears had never heard cursing like that before.

Hindl

Barring Eli blacking out out and doing one more magic playoff run, no team in the NFC East is going to be a contender for years

I read this. Why would the Eagles give a shit about what Shady did at that point? I'll make it known as a point of fact that John McNesby is a disgusting human being. When interviewed about the incident he straight up admitted that he didn't care about finding the truth, he only cared about backing up his guys.

Big picture though, there is zero surprise in this. Seth Williams looked so promising but he's going down as another corrupt Philly politicians. Chaka Fattah, Kathleen Kane, Larry Farnese, John Dougherty? This is what happens when you have one party rule in a place for too long. 39 Philadelphia politicians under investigation in the last 15 years. The corruption here is absolutely dispicable, and the local democratic party is 100% to blame for encouraging it or covering it up.

Edit: The other point of fact with this article that was COMPLETELY wrong is that the Controller accused former Mayor Nutter of misusing funds, when the article he linked to makes it very clear it was the head of the board Mayor's Trust, Peterkin-Bell, that was the only one suspected of any wrong doing. Given that the guy got this point ENTIRELY wrong in the article I don't put much stock into what he's saying. Mayor Michael Nutter did more to clean up corruption in city government than any mayor of Philadelphia in modern history.

Edit 2: Forgot to mention the police recommended no charges in the Agholor case.

just a heads up chrome isn't even letting me access that site due to privacy concerns

Just take the s out of https

Colasante

Reports out that Bears are looking to trade for a veteran center. I wonder if the Patriots could fetch anything worthwhile for Bryan Stork, should David Andrews win the starting center job as expected. The two teams already have a history of trades, with Martellus Bennett the most recent example.

Ash "4th place" Ketchum?
Now he's Ash Runner Up..

Reports out that Bears are looking to trade for a veteran center. I wonder if the Patriots could fetch anything worthwhile for Bryan Stork, should David Andrews win the starting center job as expected. The two teams already have a history of trades, with Martellus Bennett the most recent example.
See Alex.. You could have gone to Chicago instead of Atlanta..

He'll throw that many against the LA lambs
Are you ready for Del Rio to qb you to victory against UMass

jbug617

Banned
Harrison, Matthews and Peppers agree to the interview. The NFLPA accusing the NFL of leaking the threats letter to the media before they sent them to the players.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
NFL players can bitch and moan all they want. THEY created this monster known as Goodell in the last CBA

Just fyi. This is what is in the cba regarding ped investigations.

Cp_te8KVUAAYdCq.jpg:large

bionic77

Probably going to miss the first half of the game tonight. Gots shit to do.

Steelers and Eagles bros give me a good summary of the good shit!

MechDX

Just fyi. This is what is in the cba regarding ped investigations.

Cp_te8KVUAAYdCq.jpg:large

And they gave Rodger the power to be judge , jury and executioner with unlimited authority.

Not surprising with blowhards like Eric Winston heading up the NFLPA who are just looking out for themselves after retirement so he can get a media gig

Hindl

Man I wish the Steelers offensive starters were playing tonight. Yeah it's preseason so it'll be a bunch of basic concepts, but this defense is about all I'm looking forward to this season. Going against that offense would be a good barometer of how good they actually are. Guess I'll just have to wait till Week 3

Duxxy3

Stork is pretty solid. My biggest worry are the concussions. When healthy, I think he's the best center we have.

I think we would be ok with Andrews at center. We have a lot interior linemen that could swing over to center if needed.

ARLINGTON, TEXAS
Practice had just ended Wednesday. A line of kids waited patiently for a moment of Ryan Tannehill's time. None went home disappointed.

Tannehill posed and smiled and signed for every boy and girl that approached. He made agreeable small talk with their parents. He was the ambassador any team would want from its starting quarterback.

Those fans had no idea that Tannehill felt like garbage the entire time.

Tannehill had been quietly fighting a nasty bug for more than a week. No matter how much sleep he got, how many fluids he drank, he just couldn't shake it.

If it was any other Dolphin, Tannehill might have been home in bed. Coach Adam Gase gives veteran teammates the occasional rest day. Yet Tannehill hasn't missed a snap in practice.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article96456497.html#storylink=cpy

What a trooper <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom