• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pro Bowl Week: Neon Deion vs. The Fumbling Fraud

squicken

B

I know it's a smokescreen but Rams media has been pointing out that Snead saying things like "we don't need any receiver help" or "our O-line is just fine" or "Bradford is our future and that will never change" just looks monumentally stupid because they're blatantly false and decreases confidence that this will be the FO and coaching staff to get us to the postseason.

Saying "the QB stinks and should be replaced" is valid. Ignoring that they need 4 new linemen and still lack a WR or TE that gets open on 3rd down or in the RZ is dumb. Or that there is still a below average offensive coordinator who destroys every skill player he ever has come in contact with? Why draft Teddy and then not give him the tools to succeed? He would just be another Bradford.

In a division where the Packers play two 'fuck it I'm goin deep' QBs you don't want Shitner anywhere near your football team. Trust me on this.
He's not afraid to play at the line of scrimmage and he's relatively cheap. They can cycle him through if they want.

Also he isn't MD Jennings who I would wager is far inferior in coverage.

Bradford probably won't be going anywhere because the Rams are now obsessed with consistency for some reason, like going 7-9 is some impressive achievement and we shouldn't take any risks to get better. Maybe it's a fear or screwing up and becoming a bottom of the barrel team again, but that doesn't mean we should be okay with Schottenheimer or Walton (or Bradford) just because they're "not terrible."

I know it's a smokescreen but Rams media has been pointing out that Snead saying things like "we don't need any receiver help" or "our O-line is just fine" or "Bradford is our future and that will never change" just looks monumentally stupid because they're blatantly false and decreases confidence that this will be the FO and coaching staff to get us to the postseason.

Because Bradford is good and will be better than any QB in this draft. Rams fans have gotten so used to the purge and rebuild they have become so shortsighted. We would be much more likely to get someone of Geno Smith, EJ Manuel, or Matt Barkley's level than even Tannehil or Dalton level if we drafted a QB.

I don't know where Rams fans got this idea that we are gonna draft a QB and he is gonna go out there and be Rodgers with mediocre offensive weapons and no O line

squicken

I meant 2nd round qbs

oh haha. idk this draft still seems pretty deep. Last year there was supposed to be a QB run in round two and it just never happened. To me, you either draft a stud in the first round or just throw darts in the 3rd round and later

I've been using the Richard Sherman quote, "Well, I’m the best ________ in the game! When you try me with a sorry ______ like _______, that’s the result you gonna get! ” all day with Niner fans at work. It's been a delight.

For example, "Well, I'm the best analyst in the game! When you try me with a sorry project like Xcelera, that's the result you gonna get!"

The best part is I don't even have to explain the joke. They get it.

I've been using the Richard Sherman quote, "Well, I’m the best ________ in the game! When you try me with a sorry ______ like _______, that’s the result you gonna get! ” all day with Niner fans at work. It's been a delight.

For example, "Well, I'm the best analyst in the game! When you try me with a sorry project like Xcelera, that's the result you gonna get!"

Plus Niners fans are such little bitch sore losers so it has to be all the sweeter

jakncoke

Banned
oh haha. idk this draft still seems pretty deep. Last year there was supposed to be a QB run in round two and it just never happened. To me, you either draft a stud in the first round or just throw darts in the 3rd round and later

Yeah i dont like that

75931-Landry-Jones-40-yard-dash-gif-7GNr.gif

You very well could be right, but it's a bit silly to send him on a mission to take out a guy considerably bigger and stronger than he is. Not to mention Welker has stacked up concussions this year.

As far as what Wes said about the play:

I will admit my bias as a Broncos fan, in that I thought it was a clean play. If Talib doesn't get hurt, nobody would be bitching about it. Just about every team runs pick plays as well, so that's not an excuse either.

So like what I said:

Actually it looks more like Thomas went farther out then Welker expected and pushed Welker deeper into his route, at the last moment you see him adjust from running on top of Talib to underneath, of course the pat fans will say it was intentional regardless but whatever.

you can tell with the other look that Welker ran away from his route and tried to readjust when he collided with Talib.

Give us your best 3 defensive players and you can have Aaron Rodgers
' mustache.

It's an even trade!

Hmmm maybe the mustache will help Tannehill somehow, done!

Tbh yea I shouldn't have included that part about Bradford. The one part of "consistency" I'm okay with because at least he's proven to be average with one of the league's most garbage wr corps.

squicken

Tbh yea I shouldn't have included that part about Bradford. The one part of "consistency" I'm okay with because at least he's proven to be average with one of the league's moat garbage wr corps.

His problem is his salary. He is paid like a star and he's not. It sucks but there's just no good way out of it. The FA crop of QBs is awful. They can cut him for some cap savings, but as mediocre as he is, there's no sure fire way to find his equivalent

His problem is his salary. He is paid like a star and he's not. It sucks but there's just no good way out of it. The FA crop of QBs is awful. They can cut him for some cap savings, but as mediocre as he is, there's no sure fire way to find his equivalent

Agreed. Unfortunately we are going to have to pay him because we won't be able to upgrade.

Yea his cap hit for 2014 is like 17m or something ridiculous like that right? If he can game manage us to victory than it isn't completely terrible. What's worse are the hits like Finnegan, Long, and Laurinitus. Finnegan sucks and finding actual elite or possibly elite players like Quinn and Ogletree makes it worse and is going to hurt us in the future.

Yea his cap hit for 2014 is like 17m or something ridiculous like that right? If he can game manage us to victory than it isn't completely terrible. What's worse are the hits like Finnegan, Long, and Laurinitus. Finnegan sucks and finding actual elite or possibly elite players like Quinn and Ogletree makes it worse and is going to hurt us in the future.

Totally. Overpaying mediocre players is gonna kill us. We're gonna low ball Quinn because we gotta make sure we are paying Long to get us 8 sacks. Let Ogletree walk so we can pay Laurinaitis to be late to every play.

effzee

Wasn't there also a report that he is disliked int he locker room or that he is a major asshole?

Rams should ask him to restructure.

Wasn't there also a report that he is disliked int he locker room or that he is a major asshole?

They should. But no reports of that. If there's one thing that can be said about Sam it's that he has been the consumate professional despite the BS he has to put up with

i was disappointed dick sherman pussied out and apologized. we need real villains in the game of football today and he was almost that villain!

Narag

i was disappointed dick sherman pussied out and apologized. we need real villains in the game of football today and he was almost that villain!

Despite being a hero to fans of the game, he's now that real villain to niners fans and, if twitter is anything to go by, white people.

Godslay

Banned
I was just looking over some of the stats from the 2000 Ravens defense. So ridiculous. 4 shutouts, 165 PTS allowed over the season, less than 1000 (970) rushing yards allowed, and 23 points over 4 playoff games.

The defense was stacked, not to mention that they had some of the best coaches on the defense Marvin Lewis DC, Jack Del Rio LB coach, Rex Ryan DL coach, and Mike Smith as an assistant. Also I forgot that Priest Holmes played there before KC.

Such an interesting dominate team. I don't know why I ended up there, but it's easy to forget how truly dominate they were.

Despite being a hero to fans of the game, he's now that real villain to niners fans and, if twitter is anything to go by, white people.

as a niners fan i actually don't hate dick sherman!

but as a white person i am OUTRAGED by this thug! have respect for the game like peyton manning, wes welker, julian edelman, blaine gabbert, ed mccaffery, jordy nelson, rob gronkowski, bruce miller, matt schaub, that white WR from the lions and others

I was just looking over some of the stats from the 2000 Ravens defense. So ridiculous. 4 shutouts, 165 PTS allowed over the season, less than 1000 (970) rushing yards allowed, and 23 points over 4 playoff games.

The defense was stacked, not to mention that they had some of the best coaches on the defense Marvin Lewis DC, Jack Del Rio LB coach, Rex Ryan DL coach, and Mike Smith as an assistant. Also I forgot that Priest Holmes played there before KC.

Such an interesting dominate team. I don't know why I ended up there, but it's easy to forget how truly dominate they were.

I am tumescent.

RBH

The National Football League announced today that Atlanta Falcons tight end Tony Gonzalez has been selected to the 2013 Pro Bowl. Gonzalez will replace San Francisco 49ers tight end Vernon Davis.

Gonzalez was named to the Pro Bowl for the 14th time in his career and the fourth time in his five seasons with the Falcons. He has been chosen as a Pro Bowler for the fourth straight season after catching a team-high 79 passes for 803 yards with eight touchdowns.
He ranks third among tight ends in receptions, tied for fourth in touchdowns, and fifth in yards this season. In 2013, Gonzalez (210) joined WR Jerry Rice (274) as the only players in NFL history to catch at least one pass in 200 straight games. He also joined Rice as the Gonzalez joined WR Jerry Rice as the only players in NFL history with 16 50-catch seasons.

jXyLgr2e3ya4.png

https://twitter.com/TonyGonzalez88/status/425786842437255168

Yeah!

squicken

One of the radio guys who isn't in the market anymore did an interview where he dumped on Bradford. It basically boiled down to getting big timed by Bradford and Bradford not being a rah rah team guy.

As far as the re-structure, Bradford has no reason to do that. He can call their bluff and they have no QB. No FAs worth anything so it would have to be the draft. In that case, they'd need to cut or trade him. Either way it is a $7m cap hit

Problem remains that all these draft QBs are the same as he was; fit matters. None are Luck where they are going succeed day one w/o good pass protection and no run game. Yeah, Stacy had numbers, but not against the NFCW or CAR. Not against good defenses. They need to throw to beat good teams and have to overhaul the OL. Draft and play a young QB and just ruin him too

Spinluck

Incredible.

Top Bottom