• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pro Bowl Week: Neon Deion vs. The Fumbling Fraud

Saw this on Twitter

Beh09mCCIAAOnQg.png:large

Poor Browns, Raiders, and Bills

You don't even want to know the last playoff win for each team.

Syrinx

To think that the Music City Miracle was the last time the Bills were in a playoff game...insane. I was 8 years old!

One of the radio guys who isn't in the market anymore did an interview where he dumped on Bradford. It basically boiled down to getting big timed by Bradford and Bradford not being a rah rah team guy.

As far as the re-structure, Bradford has no reason to do that. He can call their bluff and they have no QB. No FAs worth anything so it would have to be the draft. In that case, they'd need to cut or trade him. Either way it is a $7m cap hit

Problem remains that all these draft QBs are the same as he was; fit matters. None are Luck where they are going succeed day one w/o good pass protection and no run game. Yeah, Stacy had numbers, but not against the NFCW or CAR. Not against good defenses. They need to throw to beat good teams and have to overhaul the OL. Draft and play a young QB and just ruin him too

I'm not saying we should keep all of our eggs in one basket. I could totally get behind drafting a QB to backup Bradford and potentially challenge for the starter role. But drafting one before the 4th round when we still have so many other needs seems wasteful. Especially because I think any other QB that comes in will fail because of the lack of Offensive Support as well. May as well see if Bradford can make something happen this year anyway.

Looks like no Offer to Pettine tonight in the second interview. Looks like Browns will stay the course and get in a second interview with Quinn before a decisions made.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Mary Kay Cabot is terrible:

Jim Donovan @wkyc reported offer made to Mike Pettine at second meeting.

She then follows up with:

#Browns Jim Donovan reported no offer was made to Pettine. forgot the word "no'' in my previous tweet. No offer was made, per Donovan.

smh

LJ11

I'm a huge Pettine fan, have been for good while, and knew he would get a shot as a HC, thought someone would take a shot at him when he was with the Jets. Was more excited to have him on the staff than Marrone, that scheme is unique and fun to watch. Much like Rex he puts players in the best position to succeed. I can list more than a few Bills players that succeeded because of him and him alone. Our putrid run D and lack of LBs held the scheme back, complete 180 from the previous 3 years.

Here's a guy who started from the bottom, his dad was a hs legend, and climbed all the way up. Sure he had help along the way, maybe it was easier for him than others, but he's seen a lot and respects all levels of football. He's not dismissive of new schemes/approaches, you hear the word gimmick tossed around a lot, not with Pettine.

Damn fine football coach, Marrone lucked out with him and Pettine wanted the challenge. Turned D completely around, squeezed as much as he could out of that defense. Hope the Browns don't hire him for selfish reasons, I don't want to see Donnie Henderson coordinate the Bills.

Marrone's fucked if Pettine leaves. D will regress regardless, but without mike you're fighting an uphill battle. Truth be told, I wanted the Lions to kick his tires but they never did, over sight on their part if you ask me.

squicken

A Buffalo writer seems to think a deal is close, but if the Browns say not. then I guess that's that. Obviously think that's a good hire. Don't know anything about Quinn to know if he is worth waiting for. Seems weird for the Browns not to have any coaches or front office people at the Senior Bowl

A Buffalo writer seems to think a deal is close, but if the Browns say not. then I guess that's that. Obviously think that's a good hire. Don't know anything about Quinn to know if he is worth waiting for. Seems weird for the Browns not to have any coaches or front office people at the Senior Bowl
Mark Gaughan ‏ @ gggaughan 4m
I'm hearing Mike Pettine is going to get Browns job. A deal is close.
Hope it's true but idk.
Edit: and we have front office people at the senior bowl

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm a huge Pettine fan, have been for good while, and knew he would get a shot as a HC, thought someone would take a shot at him when he was with the Jets. Was more excited to have him on the staff than Marrone, that scheme is unique and fun to watch. Much like Rex he puts players in the best position to succeed. I can list more than a few Bills players that succeeded because of him and him alone. Our putrid run D and lack of LBs held the scheme back, complete 180 from the previous 3 years.

Here's a guy who started from the bottom, his dad was a hs legend, and climbed all the way up. Sure he had help along the way, maybe it was easier for him than others, but he's seen a lot and respects all levels of football. He's not dismissive of new schemes/approaches, you hear the word gimmick tossed around a lot, not with Pettine.

Damn fine football coach, Marrone lucked out with him and Pettine wanted the challenge. Turned D completely around, squeezed as much as he could out of that defense. Hope the Browns don't hire him for selfish reasons, I don't want to see Donnie Henderson coordinate the Bills.

Marrone's fucked if Pettine leaves. D will regress regardless, but without mike you're fighting an uphill battle. Truth be told, I wanted the Lions to kick his tires but they never did, over sight on their part if you ask me.

ALL THESE FUCKING SIGNS MAN!!!

6qznyx_zpscfcd1421.gif

Also this from someone not Mary Kay:

Mark Gaughan
@gggaughan
I'm hearing Mike Pettine is going to get Browns job. A deal is close.

squicken

Hope it's true but idk.
Edit: and we have front office people at the senior bowl

I thought Lombardi and Banner were still in CLE? I guess college scouting director and what not are there. Just seems weird for the GM of a non-playoff team to not be there

LJ11

Mark wouldn't throw that out there, pretty reserved guy, doesn't throw shit out there...

So long Mike. A few Bills laughed at the thought of a team hiring Mike after a few performances, especially the season ender. Said fans will be laughing at the ineptitude when Donnie takes over next year.

So squicken, LJ, who are you and your teams beats hot on in the Senior Bowl?

Wexell has been beating Kyle Van Noy's drum for months. I hope he can fall to us in the second.

I thought Lombardi and Banner were still in CLE? I guess college scouting director and what not are there. Just seems weird for the GM of a non-playoff team to not be there
We're in the middle of a coaching search. Ray Farmer asst GM and other scouts are there, but as of now everyone is there.

FUCK YOU

Sorry man I didn't mean it!! :(

Eat a dick biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch.

How's that?

Man you guys got soft. The bannings must have scared people. You can feel it in the air. There is going to be a mass culling in NFL-Age this year. All of these smaller bans are leading up to it. Some lifelong is gonna wander in here, get berated, tell on us, and it will go down. Probably like twenty bannings all at once

squicken

So squicken, LJ, who are you and your teams beats hot on in the Senior Bowl?

Wexell has been beating Kyle Van Noy's drum for months. I hope he can fall to us in the second.

Tough for the Rams b/c Snead said they were trading the #2. So how far do they drop? Do they drop at all? Seems like it maybe like year where everyone wants to move back b/c middle rounds are so deep

But if they stay at 2, pretty unanimous amongst fans and writers that it is Watkins or Robinson, with Clowney in there but most think that is a luxury pick

I'm sorry Seahawks fans; I like you guys, I like your team but you have no shot at the Superbowl just like the 49ers last year. Nothing you guys can control, the pact was made and the contract sealed. Good luck in 2014 though guys.

eKzAj7B.gif

Go Broncos!
Hail Satan!

Tough for the Rams b/c Snead said they were trading the #2. So how far do they drop? Do they drop at all? Seems like it maybe like year where everyone wants to move back b/c middle rounds are so deep

But if they stay at 2, pretty unanimous amongst fans and writers that it is Watkins or Robinson, with Clowney in there but most think that is a luxury pick

I doubt Fisher would take an O Lineman that early. It's a real need, but Fisher would hate that

squicken

Something interesting that I have noticed is that media types were saying earlier that players on South squad were getting better on Tues vs North squard kind of not as much. Now a bunch of tweets about high energy of Jags staff vs Falcons staff

I wonder if that is just perception or if it really making a difference?

I doubt Fisher would take an O Lineman that early. It's a real need, but Fisher would hate that

He's never taken OL early b/c he always had them in TEN. Thus far, he's been able to turn some cast offs into okay players that get stomped vs good players. Barksdale and Chris Williams got wrecked vs SF and SEA. If he isn't learning that he needs talent on OL then he is a fucking idiot

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Mark wouldn't throw that out there, pretty reserved guy, doesn't throw shit out there...

So long Mike. A few Bills laughed at the thought of a team hiring Mike after a few performances, especially the season ender. Said fans will be laughing at the ineptitude when Donnie takes over next year.

Did you apply for a coaching job in Buffalo yet? I mean, they may as well take fan input at this point. How can it get worse?

MRSA

Banned
if I lived in a third world state like Cali with no laws I would be driving to school. but here in the developed world you can't drive until youre 15 and kids have to take school buses

my mom could only pick me up after school. but in the morning I would have to sit next to dirty kids who smelled like raiders fans. it was hard, but it taught me to persevere through adversity.

Ain't nobody got time for that

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Brady actually being on the side of good would be a mindblowing plot twist.

But nah, more like Peyton tried to fight fire with fire and outbid Brady's contract with the devil, and now it's up to young and righteous Wilson to save us all.

Top Bottom