• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pro Bowl Week: Neon Deion vs. The Fumbling Fraud

LJ11

So squicken, LJ, who are you and your teams beats hot on in the Senior Bowl?

Wexell has been beating Kyle Van Noy's drum for months. I hope he can fall to us in the second.

Going to be honest, haven't been able to keep up. One thing I do is listen to Whaley or I did when he was heading college scouting, not sure if he'll be doing interviews this year though. Love to compare year over year.

To me it sounds like Martin, Ford, and Donald are the top commodities. I've seen martin enough and know he's a good player, know nothing about Donald, Ford went MiA a lot while at Auburn. I'm sure he's pounding on scrubs right now.

I like KVN a lot, not Lavonte David good, but I think he's really versatile and can do a lot of things well.

Edit: Marrone is n mobile, heard his interview yesterday. Says he likes to focus on one position mainly, too hard to focus on all of them. He's their for the OL if you ask me, need multiple upgrades.

pro bowl...*yawn*

Anybody see that Salinger doc on PBS tonight? The guy was a barely legal enthusiast for sure. If anyone missed out on the internet, it was JD Salinger.

I've been using the Richard Sherman quote, "Well, I’m the best ________ in the game! When you try me with a sorry ______ like _______, that’s the result you gonna get! ” all day with Niner fans at work. It's been a delight.

For example, "Well, I'm the best analyst in the game! When you try me with a sorry project like Xcelera, that's the result you gonna get!"

The best part is I don't even have to explain the joke. They get it.

people are still mad about that shit, and I'm in Michigan. I can't even imagine what SF sports radio sounds like today
BfJBePQ.png

I remember watching them back in the day because I loved Shannon Sharpe. I don't think we will ever see a team like that again, at least on the defensive side of the ball.

It was so much fun. There was much more excitement any time the D was on the field. It always felt like we had a better chance of scoring with them out there too. I can still remember watching Eddie George "break" a five yard run and thinking "holy shit" because it was that impressive.

people are still mad about that shit, and I'm in Michigan. I can't even imagine what SF sports radio sounds like today
BfJBePQ.png

So. Much. Salt.

Syrinx

Man, hard to believe the championship games were just two days ago. Feels like almost a week since they played. Wait for the Super Bowl is gonna be long.

Going to be honest, haven't been able to keep up. One thing I do is listen to Whaley or I did when he was heading college scouting, not sure if he'll be doing interviews this year though. Love to compare year over year.

To me it sounds like Martin, Ford, and Donald are the top commodities. I've seen martin enough and know he's a good player, know nothing about Donald, Ford went MiA a lot while at Auburn. I'm sure he's pounding on scrubs right now.

I like KVN a lot, not Lavonte David good, but I think he's really versatile and can do a lot of things well.

Edit: Marrone is n mobile, heard his interview yesterday. Says he likes to focus on one position mainly, too hard to focus on all of them. He's their for the OL if you ask me, need multiple upgrades.
Wexell wants KVN kicked inside to Buck. Not sure if the Steelers are looking since they got Williams last year, and any ILB they draft will take 3 years minimum to cook anyway. Seems he has the size speed and smarts though. Compares him physically to James Farrior which is high praise.

LJ11

Man, hard to believe the championship games were just two days ago. Feels like almost a week since they played. Wait for the Super Bowl is gonna be long.

Any buzz on telvin smith and Christian jones. Like smith, jones may be a good pickup in the late second to third. Steelers can take a guy like Jones and mold him into a nice OLB. Smith isn't a proto 3-4 ILB but he can run and cover.

Any buzz on telvin smith and Christian jones. Like smith, jones may be a good pickup in the late second to third. Steelers can take a guy like Jones and mold him into a nice OLB. Smith isn't a proto 3-4 ILB but he can run and cover.

Smith yeah. Only gonna happen if he can get got in the 3rd because the Team is high on Worilds and Jones on the edges. Right now the big name on defense is Ra'Shede Hageman. Don't know anything about him other than he's a physical freak but terribly raw and currently more suited as a 4:3 1 gap DT. Beats are saying he has first round measurables but the Steelers don't draft projects high.

Kap should've thrown to the back of the endzone or elsewhere. Crabtree had him beat on the route initially but kap under threw it a bit. Oh well!

Elsewhere was probably the better decision in hindsight, but at that point in the game, you have to trust your best receiver to make the play. I'm glad the Niners lost, but there's not much to regret on that play. Sherman stepped up.

EDIT: Charlie Rose just asked Bill if MS needs "a young Bill Gates." Bill almost said yeah. Gates says he's going to the Owl.

Elsewhere was probably the better decision in hindsight, but at that point in the game, you have to trust your best receiver to make the play. I'm glad the Niners lost, but there's not much to regret on that play. Sherman stepped up.

Agreed. I don't think it was an awful decision. The better player made the play as will happen more often than not

squicken

@ByTimGraham: Bills sources say team believes Pettine will get the Browns job based on feedback they've received.

Good outcome for Browns GAF. Hope all the stuff about power struggles there are just bad rumors

Yikes. Pauline hearing bad things

The Cleveland Browns organization is not getting much respect here at the Senior Bowl. The attitude towards the Browns, specifically the front office, from personnel people around the league has ranged from disparaging to downright nasty. Several comments were passed at the South’s afternoon practice that few are surprised the Cleveland franchise cannot find a head coach considering “those in charge”. In fact choice adjectives were used by front office people here in Mobile to describe “those in charge” in Cleveland.

DMczaf

The Cleveland Browns organization is not getting much respect here at the Senior Bowl. The attitude towards the Browns, specifically the front office, from personnel people around the league has ranged from disparaging to downright nasty. Several comments were passed at the South’s afternoon practice that few are surprised the Cleveland franchise cannot find a head coach considering “those in charge”. In fact choice adjectives were used by front office people here in Mobile to describe “those in charge” in Cleveland.

Factory of Sadness.

Whut books?
  1. Outliers - Malcolm Gladwell
  2. Good Calories, Bad Calories - Gary Taubes
  3. Letters to a Young Contrarian - Christopher Hitchens
  4. Thinking Fast and Slow - Daniel Kahneman
  5. How To Win Friends - Dale Carnegie
  6. A Manual For Creating Atheists - Peter Boghossian
  7. Quiet - Susan Cain

Gobias

Banned

Love it.

Gee, what a shock. Doesn't take professionals to realize the Browns are being run by a bunch of buffoons. Anyone that follows the team could have told you that.

What's everyone else think of Pettine? Browns already left the senior bowl with no deal for him, so they may be waiting for Quinn.

simples

Banned
  7. Quiet - Susan Cain
I imagine you reading these in video game shirts and cargos like gaming side are doing

I imagine you reading these in video game shirts and cargos like gaming side are doing
Nope I'm reading them in my Sperry Boats, $200 skinny jeans, and button-up I got from Neiman Marcus.

A fatty like you wouldn't understand.

Maybe you'll get one of the chubby girls before last call good luck bro.

simples

Banned
Nope I'm reading them in my Sperry Boats, $200 skinny jeans, and button-up I got from Neiman Marcus.

A fatty like you wouldn't understand.

Maybe you'll get one of the chubby girls before last call good luck bro.

lol a landlocked sconni talking about sperrys. have you ever even seen the Atlantic friend? sperrys were made for us, by us. check the history tab on the back side of the box cover to see their historical significance to New England, and why the rest of the country copied our shoes so they can be like us. but you would've already known that if you actually had sperrys instead of Milwaukee Payless

this thread is more of a realistic view of your outfit- http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=755669

lol a landlocked sconni talking about sperrys. have you ever even seen the Atlantic friend? sperrys were made for us, by us. check the history tab on the back side of the box cover to see their historical significance to New England, and why the rest of the country copied our shoes so they can be like us. but you would've already known that if you actually had sperrys instead of Milwaukee Payless

this thread is more of a realistic view of your outfit- http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=755669

I thought you lived in Michigan

Nameless

7. Quiet - Susan Cain

Hitch fist bump.

JABEE

Good outcome for Browns GAF. Hope all the stuff about power struggles there are just bad rumors

Andy Reid absolutely hates Joe Banner. Howie Roseman, I'm sure, is not a fan. Andy and company have a lot of personnel friends around the league. I'm also sure that most coaches and GMs in the league thought the Browns screwed over Chud.

cdyhybrid

7. Quiet - Susan Cain

I just got #4.

Hammer24

Banned
So I see that not a single fuck was given towards the ProBowl in this thread.
This means, that all is good in the world!

bionic77

I was just looking over some of the stats from the 2000 Ravens defense. So ridiculous. 4 shutouts, 165 PTS allowed over the season, less than 1000 (970) rushing yards allowed, and 23 points over 4 playoff games.

The defense was stacked, not to mention that they had some of the best coaches on the defense Marvin Lewis DC, Jack Del Rio LB coach, Rex Ryan DL coach, and Mike Smith as an assistant. Also I forgot that Priest Holmes played there before KC.

Such an interesting dominate team. I don't know why I ended up there, but it's easy to forget how truly dominate they were.
Ray Lewis was out for murder that year.

There was a point that the team went something ridiculous like 7 weeks without scoring a offensive TD and they won like 5 of those games. Fuck that was a long time ago. I used to watch sports center every day back then.

Though their SB with the Giants is one of the worst of all time. And they should get an asterisk for that SB. Not for cheating like the Pats just a little footnote that none of it would have happened if the legal system did it's job.

eznark

Banned
  7. Quiet - Susan Cain

Funny to see you going with The Establishment Book Club reading list.

Top Bottom