• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pro Bowl Week: Neon Deion vs. The Fumbling Fraud

Godslay

Banned
Sure it was.

Well according the league it was legal. This gif clearly shows that by the time the ball arrives at DT, he puts a lick on Talib. It's a block. Talib should have kept his head on a swivel.

iS9Me3v.gif

Plus Wes is a little guy. Talib has 4 inches, and 20 lbs on him. He should have demolished through Welker if he wasn't trying to make up lost ground from getting burned on that play.

Well according the league it was legal. This gif clearly shows that by the time the ball arrives at DT, he puts a lick on Talib. It's a block. Talib should have kept his head on a swivel.

iS9Me3v.gif

Plus Wes is a little guy. Talib has 4 inches, and 20 lbs on him. He should have demolished through Welker if he wasn't trying to make up lost ground from getting burned on that play.

Yes of course.

I doubt it. You won't get it from me at least. I know most of the guys that post regularly wouldn't do it either. Maybe some new guys or drivebys? Good luck with that though.

I don't think you would see that much salt from regulars either, but the narrative is already being written in the media (and to a slightly smaller extent in OT-GAF): Manning is the gun-slinging hero here to save us from the loud, evil
brown
guy with dreads. Most neutrals now don't want to see the villain win.

Colasante

I love the way Boston treats its ex-heroes

I loved Welker until this Sunday. I'm not one to demonize Boston sports figures as soon as they leave town. I don't necessarily buy Belichick's theory that Welker was on a suicide mission to take out Talib, but I do think he deliberately targeted Talib's injured hip, even if it was technically a legal play because the ball had touched Thomas' hands by that point. I could very well be wrong, I have no idea what was going through Welker's mind, but it certainly looked that way to me.

That being said, I was joking about wanting Welker to get injured in the game. I don't want that. I just want him to drop the game winning touchdown pass, that's all.

Sanjuro

I loved Welker until this Sunday. I'm not one to demonize Boston sports figures as soon as they leave town. I don't necessarily buy Belichick's theory that Welker was on a suicide mission to take out Talib, but I do think he deliberately targeted Talib's injured hip, even if it was technically a legal play because the ball had touched Thomas' hands by that point. I could very well be wrong, I have no idea what was going through Welker's mind, but it certainly looked that way to me.

I don't hate Welker at all. I just understand why he is disliked around here.

Godslay

Banned
I don't think you would see that much salt from regulars either, but the narrative is already being written in the media (and to a slightly smaller extent in OT-GAF): Manning is the gun-slinging hero here to save us from the loud, evil
brown
guy with dreads. Most neutrals now don't want to see the villain win.

Sherman's fine imo. I'm sure Peyton will find whatever open guy he can and if it doesn't happen to be Sherman's way, then so be it.

The only thing I will say is that, Sherman wrote a large check for himself in the SB. He now has to live up to the billing of the best CB in the league, in front of the whole world. It's a lot of pressure in a big game. I'm sure he'll do fine though, he's good.

Crisco

Banned
Come on Wilson. We just need one good game from you to cement the Manning playoff choke legacy. For once be something other than a game manager. Watch tape of Brad Johnson and Joe Flacco in their super bowls!

Welker was loved because he wasn't a Pat. Then he was hated because he was a Pat. Now he's loved because he's not a Pat.

Very easy to understand.

Sherman's fine imo. I'm sure Peyton will find whatever open guy he can and if it doesn't happen to be Sherman's way, then so be it.

The only thing I will say is that, Sherman wrote a large check for himself in the SB. He now has to live up to the billing of the best CB in the league, in front of the whole world. It's a lot of pressure in a big game. I'm sure he'll do fine though, he's good.

this is why it was very strange to me what he said and did. i'm sure he doesn't care and wants to spotlight but he needs to realize in this game coming up he isn't playing against one-read kaepernick. if the seahawks D plays against denver like it did against us the broncos will likely win comfortably. kap missed quite a few opportunities with wide open receivers in the middle that manning will not likely miss.

then again maybe i am just a bitter old man who is hoping for the decimation of the seachickens. i don't give a fuck!

Doomsayer

Maybe it's just me but i'm still not seeing this whole "Russell Wilson is a great Quarterback" thing.

He's regressed super hard over the past 1.5 months. Makes some great throws at times, but they don't really ask him to do much. This narrative mainly stems from last years playoff run and his success early in the season.

That article someone posted yesterday had a pretty detailed explanation of what they think is going on.

rando14

He's regressed super hard over the past 1.5 months. Makes some great throws at times, but they don't really ask him to do much. This narrative mainly stems from last years playoff run and his success early in the season.

That article someone posted yesterday had a pretty detailed explanation of what they think is going on.

I dont really want to get into a big argument about this because ultimately it doesn't matter what any of us think, but here are the defenses the Hawks have played since the Minnesota game (last time we scored 40+ points):

NO
SF
NYG
ARI
STL
NO
SF

Godslay

Banned
this is why it was very strange to me what he said and did. i'm sure he doesn't care and wants to spotlight but he needs to realize in this game coming up he isn't playing against one-read kaepernick. if the seahawks D plays against denver like it did against us the broncos will likely win comfortably. kap missed quite a few opportunities with wide open receivers in the middle that manning will not likely miss.

then again maybe i am just a bitter old man who is hoping for the decimation of the seachickens. i don't give a fuck!

I'm sure they will be ready. They are a great defense no doubt about it. I'm sure Sherman will have a good game as well. I just trust that Peyton will find the open guy.

I doubt it will be comfortable for either team, unless somebody shits the bed in the way of turnovers. If both teams play clean football, it should be a close game.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
That's what he wants. He keeps the bar high for himself.

JABEE

Why would I cheer someone who isnt on my team anymore? I only cheer for Patriot players. I wish them well when they leave and move on.
You're a Jags fan and you get to cheer for the Patriots players too. Everybody wins, Gata. You're a good sports fan protecting another team's player.

Who cares how Wilson is playing, the Seahawks are still winning games. He's thrown one touchdown all postseason and they're in the super bowl.

Who cares how Wilson is playing, the Seahawks are still winning games. He's thrown one touchdown all postseason and they're in the super bowl.
It's the Skittles show right now. Wilson hasn't had to do much. Pretty much "don't fuck up." If the Broncos can stop Lynch (and that ain't gonna be easy) then Wilson will be in the spotlight.

I think Seahawks fans will care a little bit if he Stinks up the joint in the Super Bowl.

Though they'll probably just try to pin their failures on the refs like they did in '05.

Daryl Ruiter ‏ @ RuiterWrongFAN 52s
Hearing that Jimmy Haslam, Joe Banner, Alec Scheiner & Mike Lombardi all few to Mobile, Ala to meet w/ Pettine tonight # Browns

Daryl Ruiter ‏ @ RuiterWrongFAN 53s
It marks the first time that the big 4 will meet with a candidate together # Browns
Make it happen captains! Bitch kitties!
Nxt fly to Ohio and hire me and Greg as OC

Top Bottom