• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pro Bowl Week: Neon Deion vs. The Fumbling Fraud

ShaneB

1. Outliers - Malcolm Gladwell
  2. Good Calories, Bad Calories - Gary Taubes
  3. Letters to a Young Contrarian - Christopher Hitchens
  4. Thinking Fast and Slow - Daniel Kahneman
  5. How To Win Friends - Dale Carnegie
  6. A Manual For Creating Atheists - Peter Boghossian
  7. Quiet - Susan Cain
Come hang out with reading-gaf!

Also, those Ravens defence stats are incredible. I remember watching that team dominate.

1. Outliers - Malcolm Gladwell
  2. Good Calories, Bad Calories - Gary Taubes
  3. Letters to a Young Contrarian - Christopher Hitchens
  4. Thinking Fast and Slow - Daniel Kahneman
  5. How To Win Friends - Dale Carnegie
  6. A Manual For Creating Atheists - Peter Boghossian
  7. Quiet - Susan Cain

Why did you buy this book?

squicken

I like those breezy fiction books. I used to audiobook Grisham, King, Brown, Crichton and Harry Potter books on long trips across Texas. Really helped pass the time.

eznark

Banned
Me too, but I use a PC and drive an SUV, I'm comfortable being establishment.

Audiobooks is the best!

GAF reading thread is the worst!

bionic77

Back when Crichton mostly wrote about stuff relating to biology and medicine instead of talking out of his ass on different fields.
I have not read his shit since the 90s so I can only talk about his shit back then.

There was another shit author that I loved as a kid about a sea explorer. His name was Dirk Pitt. He wrote the book the Sahara movie was based on. The book was also very cool when I was 12!

So I was looking up division winner history and every team in the NFC South has all won the division 3 times.
Atlanta:2004, 2010, 2012
New Orleans: 2006, 2009, 2011
Tampa Bay: 2002, 2005, 2007
Carolina: 2003, 2008, 2013

Ray Lewis was out for murder that year.

There was a point that the team went something ridiculous like 7 weeks without scoring a offensive TD and they won like 5 of those games. Fuck that was a long time ago. I used to watch sports center every day back then.

Though their SB with the Giants is one of the worst of all time. And they should get an asterisk for that SB. Not for cheating like the Pats just a little footnote that none of it would have happened if the legal system did it's job.

All Trent Dilfer had to do was not screw up and let the defense do all the work!

I just recently began reading Wool by Hugh Howey, anyone read this? My buddy referred it to me and a good 7k people on Amazon gave it rave reviews so figured I'd give it a shot. It's the first in a trilogy so ordered the next two as well.

eznark

Banned
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Every book I read that is recommended by that thread is by some fat neckbeard who writes way too detailed descriptions of the rape of pre-teen girls.

Stop telling people to read Wise Man's Fear and I'll reconsider.

(Actually you guys probably have stopped doing that, but that's how long it's been since I read it!)

NESN said:
Mark Sanchez drawing interest from Quarterback-desperate teams

After five seasons in the NFL and more interceptions than touchdowns, Mark Sanchez could still get a chance to start.
Sanchez is expected to be cut by the New York Jets this offseason. The quarterback is on the books for $13.1 million in 2014, but the Jets could save $8.3 million if they cut Sanchez (they would have to eat $4.8 million). Once he’s released, he could be a hot commodity due to a lackluster free agent quarterback class, according to the New York Post.

Brian Costello of the New York Post is down at the Senior Bowl talking to NFL coaches and executives. One coach said Sanchez could immediately start for his team. An executive explained the interest in Sanchez with “supply and demand.”
Sanchez is 33-29 as the Jets’ starting quarterback. He’s completed 55.1 percent of his passes with 68 touchdowns and 69 interceptions. His career passer rating is 71.7. Geno Smith started for the Jets in 2013. The rookie quarterback completed 55.8 percent of his passes with 12 touchdowns and 21 interceptions. Smith’s passer rating was 66.5.

Say it ain't so Browns.

simples

Banned
Like begging internet nerds for a code to play a beta of a videogame?
that is a generation defining game old man. it was worth the begging. stick to your little fisher price handhelds with turn based anime games

why would I read a book unless I need it to pass an exam or make money from it. literature is the most useless shit in modern society. my frat used to tp the art departments shed where the buckethead types used to hangout for "inspiration."

useless fuckers draining funds that could be used to give the business and engineering schools better cafés and bathrooms

that is a generation defining game old man. it was worth the begging. stick to your little fisher price handhelds with turn based anime games

why would I read a book unless I need it to pass an exam or make money from it. literature is the most useless shit in modern society. my frat used to tp the art departments shed where the buckethead types used to hangout for "inspiration."

useless fuckers draining funds that could be used to give the business and engineering schools better cafés and bathrooms
Why did you edit out the second part of bionic's post?

ShaneB

Every book I read that is recommended by that thread is by some fat neckbeard who writes way too detailed descriptions of the rape of pre-teen girls.

Stop telling people to read Wise Man's Fear and I'll reconsider.

(Actually you guys probably have stopped doing that, but that's how long it's been since I read it!)

Go here. Read this thread... What are you reading? Top 5 favorites of the year edition (2013), and tell me how many books people read this year that match that description.

eznark

Banned
Did you catch that the current humble bundle is audiobooks?
Yeah, but I have audible.

Go here. Read this thread... What are you reading? Top 5 favorites of the year edition (2013), and tell me how many books people read this year that match that description.

Didn't make it far enough to find any because someone listed Wise Man's Fear in the 7th post.

GARBAGE THREAD.

Best book I read last year was City and the City by the way. UNBELIEVABLY GOOD!

Meier

Probably quite old, but this is a pretty funny Photoshop.

1377325_3884280402001_1425671734_n.jpg

MARK IT ZERO!

bionic77

I hate seeing tennis highlights on ESPN when I know it's -300 degrees outside and I can't play
I wish young bionic was still alive and could school the fuck out of you in tennis and basketball on the same day!

It is depressing when I play either now. Especially basketball. I can barely touch the rim when I used to have ups when I was a young lad. Age and a bad knee are a bitch! At least I can still beat any of you youngs in ping pong.

Also bro they are called indoor courts! Get a group for doubles and it is not that expensive.

Greg

I wish young bionic was still alive and could school the fuck out of you in tennis and basketball on the same day!

It is depressing when I play either now. Especially basketball. I can barely touch the rim when I used to have ups when I was a young lad. Age and a bad knee are a bitch! At least I can still beat any of you youngs in ping pong.

Also bro they are called indoor courts! Get a group for doubles and it is not that expensive.
my friends that play tennis are shit and have either moved or have their heads up the asses of women right now

come visit for ping pong and I'll teach you how to play

my friends that play tennis are shit and have either moved or have their heads up the asses of women right now

come visit for ping pong and I'll teach you how to play
Dude I want to get in on this! I haven't had anyone to play tennis or ping pong with in years but I miss them so much.

Top Bottom