• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pro Bowl Week: Neon Deion vs. The Fumbling Fraud

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo · 24m

Cowboys will add former Giants TE coach Mike Pope to Jason Garrett's staff. Replaces Wes Phillips, who went to Washington.

Vomit.gif

This is all of us:

Defense Needs To Be More Physical, Reports Man Slumped On Couch For Past 5 Hours

700.jpg

INDIANAPOLIS—While watching the NFL playoffs Saturday, local man Steve Gordon, who barely moved for five straight hours as he slouched on his couch, reportedly announced that the defense needed to be more physical and deliver punishing hits. “Come on, get up, move—just smack ’em,” said the man who hadn’t even gotten up to use the bathroom since the early game. “They should be flying around out there and slamming into the ball carrier at full speed. Let’s see a little effort. The linebacker just has to shove blockers out of his way, rush up the field, grab the quarterback, and whip him to the turf.” According to living room sources, Gordon expressed frustration with the lack of hustle by defenders and with the excruciating pain in his back, which he twisted awkwardly at halftime while attempting to adjust a cushion.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Every book I read that is recommended by that thread is by some fat neckbeard who writes way too detailed descriptions of the rape of pre-teen girls.

You say that like there's more than one author that does that.

I hope there's only one

Maybe I'm boring but I usually just end up rereading the classics like LOTR and Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy when I do read....

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
$30 for Chrono Trigger DS, what the fuck.

And apparently they won't make another sequel until they sell some impossible amount of a port that has been released 6 or 7 times.

Which is why SE (along with Nintendo) is the most confusing video game company that appears to hate money.

And apparently they won't make another sequel until they sell some impossible amount of a port that has been released 6 or 7 times.

Which is why SE (along with Nintendo) is the most confusing video game company that appears to hate money.

I hope they never attempt a sequel again (I loved cross though) Chrono Trigger is my favorite game and square needs to stay the hell away from that property now.

MechDX

Nice write up about Teddy Bridgewater but with a WTF comment:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140122/teddy-bridgewater-nfl-draft-2014/

"I've seen a lot of Teddy. I don't have him in [Andrew] Luck's class as a prospect," one veteran NFC scout told SI.com.

"I don't see Bridgewater as a franchise savior like RGIII was in Washington ... Now if he went to the Houston Texans, which is a damn good team already, could he turn them around kind of like the Chiefs did this year? Yeah, he could."

When asked to compare Bridgewater to recent No. 1 picks at the quarterback position, the scout wasn't sold on how Bridgewater stacks up.

If by "franchise savior" you mean "spoiled brat who kisses the owners ass and gets the coaching staffed fired" you are dead on.

What elevates Bridgewater as a prospect, for some of his physical shortcomings, is the ability to be decisive and quick-minded in his reads.

Bussell says Bridgewater is ahead of a physically superior talent like Stafford in terms of his polish as a passer.

"Polished doesn't mean that Bridgewater has less room for improvement, It just means he has a more refined and precise skillset.

"While Bridgewater doesn't have the pure physical talent that Stafford has, I do believe he can be better than Stafford simply because of his poise and mental grasp of the game," Bussell explained.

"In essence, it's the difference between a Jay Cutler and a Tom Brady."

"Poise" can seem like a nebulous phrase, but you can see with Bridgewater that he doesn't appear to get flustered in the pocket, or by any situation he's presented with in a game.

"All the players, all the coaches, they have an unwavering faith and ability in him," said an NFL scout.

"If there's two minutes left in the game and we're on the 5-yard line, down seven, and Teddy has the ball, we're going to win. That's contagious."

No, Bridgewater isn't a once-in-a-generation talent like Andrew Luck, but that doesn't mean he can't be an effective NFL quarterback. Furthermore, despite Bridgewater not having comparable physical talent to players like Stafford, some evaluators believe Bridgewater has the acumen and confidence to be a superior NFL player.

In other words, opinions vary on just how good Bridgewater is, but the consensus -- though not unanimous -- is that he's good enough as a prospect to bring value as a potential No. 1 overall pick, especially for a team in desperate need of a quarterback.

Suck it down Kas! Stafford is Cutler and Teddy is Brady! #PATRIOTSSOUTH

Draxal

Nice write up about Teddy Bridgewater but with a WTF comment:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140122/teddy-bridgewater-nfl-draft-2014/

If by "franchise savior" you mean "spoiled brat who kisses the owners ass and gets the coaching staffed fired" you are dead on.

Suck it down Kas! Stafford is Cutler and Teddy is Brady! #PATRIOTSSOUTH

That was my impression of Teddy, he was always in control, even when he played bad (or his coach decided to be stupid).

MRSA

Banned
it's 10$ on iOS

the superior platform

Go sit on the bus with your outdated iPhone 5 you disgusting poor.

I'll play CT on my superior iPhone 5S on my speed boat going to Catalina Island for some zip lining, that's something you can't do in Lake Michigan.

bionic77

lol playing chrono trigger on a shitty phone
Yeah seriously.

That is dumb even for a Pats fan. Granted I have it on iOS because I feel morally obligated to buy it on every platform that it comes out on, but I will never play it because it controls like shit. And somehow looks bad too despite my 5S having hardware that is approximately 2 billion times more powerful than the OG SNES.

simples

Banned
lol playing chrono trigger on a shitty phone
lol thinking every phone is like your android

the 5s has a 64 bit architecture of modern pcs with A7 dual cores at 1.3ghz. it's more powerful than chans netbook he uses to surf hentai let alone shitty toys like the vita and ds

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I hope they never attempt a squeal again (I loved cross though) Chrono Trigger is my favorite game and square needs to stay the hell away from that property now.

Eh, if it's bad it's bad. They should still take a stab at it rather than doing FF13-3 or whatever. Make it a 3DS game or something.

Nintendo bankrupt, so is SE.

Lol snow, its in the mid 70s here.

Unified Nintendo accounts like PSN/Live where you can impulse buy NES games for two bucks and SNES games for like 3-5 bucks. That's how you make money a la Steam. No idea why they're so reluctant to open the vault for VC across all platforms. They never really fulfilled their vision for VC when it was announced before the Wii came out.

bionic77

Eh, if it's bad it's bad. They should still take a stab at it rather than doing FF13-3 or whatever. Make it a 3DS game or something.

Unified Nintendo accounts like PSN/Live where you can impulse buy NES games for two bucks and SNES games for like 3-5 bucks. That's how you make money a la Steam. No idea why they're so reluctant to open the vault for VC across all platforms. They never really fulfilled their vision for VC when it was announced before the Wii came out.
Dude no one is making money off of games anymore.

This business is not a sound financial proposition anymore.

MRSA

Banned

the 5s has a 64 bit architecture of modern pcs with A7 dual cores at 1.3ghz. it's more powerful than chans netbook he uses to surf hentai let alone shitty toys like the vita and ds

Mother goose and his fairy tales.

MechDX

http://draftbreakdown.com/the-right-comparison-for-bridgewater/

With Zach Mettenberger and Aaron Murray sustaining major knee injuries, as well as Marcus Mariota and Bryce Petty reportedly headed back to school, it’s time for draft analysts to flip their attention back to a quarterback whose name they’re very familiar with, Teddy Bridgewater.

Recently, many draft pundits have gone so far as to compare the 21-year-old signal caller to Aaron Rodgers.

Bridgewater will be a great pro. Reminds me of Aaron Rodgers coming out of Cal. - Bucky Brooks

(Making quarterback comparisons) Teddy Bridgewater: Aaron Rodgers – Matt Miller

I saw embryonic Rodgers aspects to (Bridgewater’s) game when he was on the move. – Doug Farrar

(Referring to Bridgewater) I really like (Doug Farrar’s) comp to Aaron Rodgers. I see it. - Joe Bussell

Now, with the help of Draft Breakdown’s video archive, you can judge the comparison for yourself.

To date, we’ve been able to post sixteen Bridgewater cutups: eight from this season, his junior year; seven from his sophomore campaign; and the West Virginia game from his true freshman season.

You can’t judge the two solely by watching one side of the comparison, though. So we cut up four Aaron Rodgers games from his time at Berkeley. Meant to cover the most important games of Rodgers’ collegiate career, the four games consist of the two bowl games and two big battles against USC.

And as an appetizer, we’ve spotlighted some plays that are especially relevant to the comparison, which you can find in the table below.

Teddy is the new Rodgers.

Draxal

Oh, you can make billions of dollars by making your game a bejeweled clone or pachinko machine like IOS best sellings games Candy Crush Saga and Puzzle and Dragons.

There is trying to hard and then there is this:

bionic77

Oh, you can make billions of dollars by making your game a bejeweled clone or pachinko machine like IOS best sellings games Candy Crush Saga and Puzzle and Dragons.
Those companies do not make billions.

You are confusing stock value with their profits.

But they are profitable. For the simple reason that the games are cheap to make and cheaper to buy.

simples

Banned

you can't make money with games targeted towards animus and kids , you're right.

on the other hand, titanfall has already broken cod: ghosts' preorder numbers on amazon. infinity blade on iOS is about to make more for epic than what they earned with gears of wars

Bionic so you're saying that the video game industry, like Tom Brady, can't get it done anymore?

And that, like the Pittsburgh defense, it has aged past a point of sustainability and will tumble underneath the weight of it's own hubris.

Very interesting analysis. I think I see your point.

Draxal

Those companies do not make billions.

You are confusing stock value with their profits.

But they are profitable. For the simple reason that the games are cheap to make and cheaper to buy.

Puzzle and Dragon and Candy Crush Saga uses the full power the of a 64 bit architecture of modern pcs with A7 dual cores at 1.3ghz to crush kiddy games with its superior graphics.

Sanjuro

...it's still on a phone though. I think that's the point.

Big Blue Interactive has a two part series on the "Rivalry That Changed Football". It details the rivalry between the New York Giants and the Cleveland Browns during the 1950-1959 era. Goes into the creation schemes that are used in todays game in one way or another and some of the bigger contests between the two teams. Great read for fans of football history and these two teams in particular.

Part I:

http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/2...-york-giants-cleveland-browns-1950-1959-part/

Part II:

http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/2...rk-giants-cleveland-browns-1950-1959-part-ii/

LJ11

Futurevoid's post reminded me that Garrett is still HC of the Cowboys, hahahahaha.

I love Teddy Bridgewater, understanding the game and making quick reads is what it's all about. Would rather take that and hope he improves in his downfield throws than taking some big armed fool who can't work through his reads in the hopes that he improves in that particular area.

Top Bottom