• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pro Bowl Week: Neon Deion vs. The Fumbling Fraud

MechDX

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bill-O-Brien-3.jpg

Embrace your destiny!

MS and Sony know this and they are trying to stem the tide with services like Live and PSN - services that differentiate themselves if ever slightly from their competitors and give gamers reasons to stay.
It's all going to move to a service based propositions in the future moreso than dueling platforms. I think Sony is launching a fairly substantial salvo in that direction with their Playstation Now initiative. I'm keen to see how Sony grow and expand it and how truly open they make the offering. Nintendo not being at the forefront of the creation of a Netflix like gaming service is something that baffles my mind. Not because I honestly expected them to progress at such a level given how slow they are adopt to any of todays market realities but mainly because they are in the best possible position to leverage their classic library.

I for one cant wait for the return of the early 90s Patriots

5-11, 1-15, 6-10, 2-14, 5-11

Football will be so amazing once this happens again. I hope Brady is still the QB when they have the first horrible season in the long string of terrible seasons. Watching him flounder on a 4-12 will do wonderful things for finishing off whatever legacy he still has.

Football will be so amazing once this happens again. I hope Brady is still the QB when they have the first horrible season in the long string of terrible seasons. Watching him flounder on a 4-12 will do wonderful things for finishing off whatever legacy he still has.

I hope the dolphins get to sweep the pats with Brady still at QB, they can keep sucking for a few more years if we can at least manage that...yes I've set my bar extremely low.

squicken

Seems like lots of turnover in NE. Gave up some sacks to some not so good pass rusher vs Denver. Not like they've been developing studs at LB. BB might be cleaning house a bit

I hope the dolphins get to sweep the pats with Brady still at QB, they can keep sucking for a few more years if we can at least manage that...yes I've set my bar extremely low.

You guys should have done it this year, next year it is definitely a real possibility. Just need to get an OC that will run the ball with a big lead on the road.

You guys should have done it this year, next year it is definitely a real possibility. Just need to get an OC that will run the ball with a big lead on the road.

Yeah but you know...that's so Dolphins....hopefully Lazor will bring some life to the offense, our defense was good enough to keep us in games despite how bad it looked at times. Oh well I'm not getting my hopes up, we are the only team that still has a vacancy to fill : /

Can we use the 'We are rebuilding' excuse you guys are always using?

YOUR TEAM
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
ALL PICKS
QB BLAKE BORTLES
HOUSTON TEXANS
OT JAKE MATTHEWS
ST. LOUIS RAMS
QB TEDDY BRIDGEWATER
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
QB JOHNNY MANZIEL
CLEVELAND BROWNS
OLB ANTHONY BARR
OAKLAND RAIDERS
DE JADEVEON CLOWNEY
ATLANTA FALCONS
DE STEPHON TUITT
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
QB DEREK CARR
MINNESOTA VIKINGS
G DAVID YANKEY
BUFFALO BILLS
WR SAMMY WATKINS
DETROIT LIONS
S LAMARCUS JOYNER
TENNESSEE TITANS
CB DARQUEZE DENNARD
NEW YORK GIANTS
OLB KHALIL MACK
ST. LOUIS RAMS
DT LOUIS NIX III
CHICAGO BEARS
OT GREG ROBINSON
PITTSBURGH STEELERS
OT CYRUS KOUANDJIO
DALLAS COWBOYS
WR MIKE EVANS
BALTIMORE RAVENS
WR MARQISE LEE
NEW YORK JETS
OT TAYLOR LEWAN
MIAMI DOLPHINS
OLB KYLE VAN NOY
ARIZONA CARDINALS
TE ERIC EBRON
GREEN BAY PACKERS
DT TIMMY JERNIGAN
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
ILB C.J. MOSLEY
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
ILB SHAYNE SKOV
CINCINNATI BENGALS
DE TRENT MURPHY
SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
WR JORDAN MATTHEWS
CLEVELAND BROWNS
OLB RYAN SHAZIER
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
WR ALLEN ROBINSON
CAROLINA PANTHERS
TE JACE AMARO
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
CB JASON VERRETT
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
CB BRADLEY ROBY
DENVER BRONCOS
WR KELVIN BENJAMIN
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Not to happy about what was left at 22. I went with JERNIGAN because I figured he was the best available at that pick, but if the draft goes this way Eagles should trade down.

MechDX

YOUR TEAM
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Not to happy about what was left at 22. I went with JERNIGAN because I figured he was the best available at that pick, but if the draft goes this way Eagles should trade down.

Whats cool is I run different mocks with the Texans picking different players at #1 and it really shakes up the first round each time

When you run it do at least two rounds so you see who didn't get selected and their overall ranking.

slabrock

Banned
Development costs have skyrocketed.

What will eventually happen is that developers and publishers will take advantage of the crowdsourcing craze just like they are taking advantage of IAP.

Donate $100,000.00 to suck Chris Avellone's cock, and pretty much all of gaming side will jump on it.

You leave Chris Avellone out of it.

jakncoke

Banned
Cool little mock draft tool:

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

Pick your team and make their picks for them and the computer mocks all the other picks.

You can go 7 rounds, lets see how bad a draft i put together
1) HA HA Clinton Dicks (S)
2) Ra'Shede Hageman (DT)
4) Joel Bitonio (OT)
5) Pierre Desire (CB)
6) Marcel Jenson (TE)
7) Rashaad Evans (CB)

*note i only know haha and just read my first article on pierre desir like 3 days ago ha

Patriots7

Pats are replacing Scar with the OL Coach of the Jets who oversaw the line during the butt fumble.

Welp. Pack it in boys. We're done.

MechDX

Texans draft. Taking best player available, no repeats at positions and priority given to positions of known need. Except for Tre Mason. Rated #28 overall and dropped to the third round. Just cant pass that up with losing tate

QB TEDDY BRIDGEWATER

LOUISVILLE

OLB RYAN SHAZIER

OHIO STATE

RB TRE MASON

AUBURN

DT EGO FERGUSON

LSU

DE JACKSON JEFFCOAT

TEXAS

WR MIKE DAVIS

TEXAS

TE JAKE MURPHY

UTAH

jakncoke

Banned
Wasnt there predictions before this college season that Jackson Jeffcoat could be a 1st round pick? His stock sure has fallen

njean777

The console market as we know it is dying. The absolute amount of gamers in that market is dwindling rapidly. While Yankee is right that revenue's are increased it is a short term stop gap that will also shrink as the market continues to dwindle.

MS and Sony know this and they are trying to stem the tide with services like Live and PSN - services that differentiate themselves if ever slightly from their competitors and give gamers reasons to stay.

Nintendo is in a different boat entirely. The market they've shot for has been usurped completely by Smartphones and tablets, and the core they've abandoned don't associate them with gaming.

3rd party devs are in danger as well - the console market has gone from a tiered system to a AAA focused race to the bottom for similar dollars. Smaller devs need not applyif they want to make money. Either your game competes with COD players or you shutter your doors. Indie titles will be made with Smartphones in mind - PS4 exclusives don't make money anymore.

My problem with your post is you have very little evidence for this. You can crystal ball it all you want, but without 2-3 years of sales data for the ps4/xbone you do not know for sure it is shrinking. Mobile market is shrinking for sure due to smartphones and we have evidence clearly for this from 2+ years of 3ds sales. We still have no clear evidence for this in home console sales. In 2-3 years you can say these things, but for all we know the ps4 could sell 100+ million in its lifetime.

As far as development, that is a publisher problem. Plenty of small companies can get by with only 1million sales or less, but so much is spent on marketing that it bloats the development cost in the end. Dark Souls was successful and last time I checked they sold I think a combined 1.8 million. It's the businesses practices that is killing publishers, not the true development costs. We don't need an a creed or cod every single year, but if the publishers cannot figure that out then they deserve to fail.

Top Bottom