• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pro Bowl Week: Neon Deion vs. The Fumbling Fraud

slabrock

Banned
Wasnt there predictions before this college season that Jackson Jeffcoat could be a 1st round pick? His stock sure has fallen

Guessing all his injuries are hurting his stock. Still seems to be a 2nd rounder and could still get back in the first with combine work and stuff

"In order to win in this league, you have to be able to throw the football."

Yet last year the Baltimore Ravens won the Super Bowl running the ball 139 times and passing the ball 132 (counting sacks as pass attempts) throughout their playoff run. The San Francisco 49ers ran the ball 16 more times than they passed it during their playoff run. Still, all I heard following the Super Bowl is that "it's a passing league."

rando14

Percy Harvin practiced today.

#TheReturn

awww yeaaah

i7TODXJ8SgeEu.gif

Cool little mock draft tool:

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

Pick your team and make their picks for them and the computer mocks all the other picks.

YOUR TEAM
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
ALL PICKS
QB BLAKE BORTLES
HOUSTON TEXANS
OT JAKE MATTHEWS
ST. LOUIS RAMS
QB TEDDY BRIDGEWATER
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
QB DEREK CARR
CLEVELAND BROWNS
QB JOHNNY MANZIEL
OAKLAND RAIDERS
DE JADEVEON CLOWNEY
ATLANTA FALCONS
DE STEPHON TUITT
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
WR SAMMY WATKINS
MINNESOTA VIKINGS
G CYRIL RICHARDSON
BUFFALO BILLS
OLB KHALIL MACK
DETROIT LIONS
OLB ANTHONY BARR
TENNESSEE TITANS
CB BRADLEY ROBY
NEW YORK GIANTS
OLB KYLE VAN NOY
ST. LOUIS RAMS
DT LOUIS NIX III
CHICAGO BEARS
OT GREG ROBINSON
PITTSBURGH STEELERS
G DAVID YANKEY
DALLAS COWBOYS
WR MIKE EVANS
BALTIMORE RAVENS
WR ALLEN ROBINSON
NEW YORK JETS
OT TAYLOR LEWAN
MIAMI DOLPHINS
OT CYRUS KOUANDJIO
ARIZONA CARDINALS
TE AUSTIN SEFERIAN-JENKINS
GREEN BAY PACKERS
ILB C.J. MOSLEY
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
TE JACE AMARO
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
OLB RYAN SHAZIER
CINCINNATI BENGALS
DE MICHAEL SAM
SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
WR JORDAN MATTHEWS
CLEVELAND BROWNS
CB DARQUEZE DENNARD
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
WR MARQISE LEE
CAROLINA PANTHERS
DT TIMMY JERNIGAN
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
WR ODELL BECKHAM JR.
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
CB JASON VERRETT
DENVER BRONCOS
WR JARVIS LANDRY
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

I was going in thinking ASJ or Amaro and then they ended up being taken, huh

effzee

I still don't put the entire blame on Shanahan. Too much nonsense about Griffins relationship with the owner to just give it a pass. What has he proven as a passer? He can not stand in the pocket and make throws and he sure as hell cant run now.

Even if you don't put the entire blame, the majority of it has to go on him.

What has he accomplished really since Elway? He was a terrible coach for a terrible Redskins team. What improvements were they making under him on offense? On defense? Special teams?

RG3 comes in and they win the division. RG3 shreds his knee, comes back for week 1 but we all know it takes 1 year + to fully recover, and the Redskins are terrible because while RG3 is coming off of injury no area on the team has improved. Special teams got worse. Defense remained horrible if not worse.

What exactly did Shanahan do again?

As for RG3, he did prove he could pass from the pocket in his rookie season. That is when the threat of him taking off, the zone read, and the pistol offense were all working in sync. RG3 can't run now? Like forever forever? Or could it be that coming back so early could have him playing tentative? Even if he can't run as he used to, he only needs to do it from time to time so keep the threat alive and have the defense respect him.

Now if this coming season RG3 plays as shitty as he just did, I'll change my tune. But I just see a QB coming off of an ACL tear. He didn't get along with his coach true, but Shanahan from most accounts isn't the easiest coach to get along with.

You aren't entirely wrong, but they had relied on guys like Rex Grossman, Jason Campbell, past his prime Mark Brunell, and Patrick Ramsey. Their last decent talent at RB was Portis. The team was always fairly strong defensively but had poor QB play that held them back. They made the playoffs years back with Todd Collins at the helm, and won as many games in the post-season as RGIII did.

I meant under Shanny. Again what improvements did he make? The running game flourished under him, which is his specialty, but did he make RG3 better? The defense? Special teams? They had one good year and in that year it was RG3 carrying them. Nothing else stood out. All other units either remained mediocre or became worse.

Alfred Morris was pretty good.

Of course but how much of that was a product of playing with a QB who the defense had to respect. Who could himself take off and was faster than the RB? Both benefited off of each other.

One era ends but a new empire starts......we are no longer the Eagles farm team!

All good things must come to an end...but do you guys even have talent now?

cashman

Banned
Wasnt there predictions before this college season that Jackson Jeffcoat could be a 1st round pick? His stock sure has fallen

That was probably for his junior season last year. He got injured last year and had a pretty nice season this year. He's a solid player, so probably should be picked on the second day.

cashman

Banned
YOUR PICKS
R1
OLB KHALIL MACK
BUFFALO
R2
CB JUSTIN GILBERT
OKLAHOMA STATE
R3
DT WILL SUTTON
ARIZONA STATE
R4
DE JACKSON JEFFCOAT
TEXAS
R5
QB JIMMY GAROPPOLO
EASTERN ILLINOIS
R6
S ANTHONY HARRIS
VIRGINIA
R7
DT BRUCE GASTON
PURDUE

Did that draft thing, and this is what I ended up with.

simples

Banned
I smashed my bone controller over killer instinct, that's 60$ down the toilet

fucking video games are so dumb, wish it wasn't snowing so I would have other shit to do

Bread

Banned
I smashed my bone controller over killer instinct, that's 60$ down the toilet

fucking video games are so dumb, wish it wasn't snowing so I would have other shit to do
sounds like you're the dumb one if you're breaking things over a shitty fighting game

JABEE

people are still catching feels over shit lunchbox says
I remember LunchBox. His tales of excess and ultra-consumerism were a mirror for this nation to look into. He was the worst of us. He was the best we could hope to be. He died making a joke. Playing a character he could never commit to; a wise soul. He would never be an "old," to use Gata jargon. He had to live on the edge. One day he just cut things too close. RIP.

Top Bottom