• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pro Bowl Week: Neon Deion vs. The Fumbling Fraud

Bread

Banned
Don't stand on the tracks when the train is coming through.
kiddie%20train.jpg

bionic77

I think a better analogy is a choice between having no interaction with women at all while not getting laid, or having women who'll spend time with you, cuddle, make out, let you touch them and lick them and finger them, on your birthday you might even be able to stick the tip in...but you never fuck to finish or get off in any way.

Both are painful, but ultimately it comes down to whether you prefer a constant less intense pain with no pleasure or a decent bit of pleasure with an extreme pain that cuts down to the very core of your being.

As bad as the last 3 seasons have ended, it's definitely preferable to the near decade of mediocrity that preceded it.
First it is hilarious that in order to explain things to FMT we have to use explicit sexual analogies.

I think your analogy was the best so far. But in reality we are choosing between really shitty outcomes. Would you rather get within an inch of the SB or be so bad that Browns fans feel bad for you?

Both of those choices suck. I was just saying that it hurts more when you go further and come up short. As a fan of a shitty team this year I felt more shame and anger than pain. But seeing Garrard run 40 yards on my defense while taking more than 20 seconds to do it after Ben just brought us back from like 20 points down in the 4th (only to fuck it up because Tomlin doesn't understand 2 point conversions and our defense at that time couldn't stop people running in slow motion) was more painful.

Over time I laugh and think back fondly of certain shitty teams. It builds character to follow them. I never look back fondly on when Neil Odonnel led the Cowboys to their 5th SB win.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Some creep who worked there found out which room she would be in and reversed the eyehole on the door. Then he stood in the hallway with some spycam attached to it and recorded her. People saw him doing it and he apparently didn't care. He got arrested and all that but by then it was on the internet

No chance. Unless Erin has some fetish for standing in front of the door naked, those shots were in the bathroom.

Greg

new hard drive should be arriving any day now

I'm ready to game with you people

and Greg, you were right, so much for my media blackout. =/ I'm watching every single video I can.
it's ok, that's how I was with the Packers in the SB!

Personally I'm thrilled with the way the Dolphins' season ended, and I can show you why, with math. Have a look:

philbin1.png

According to my infallible calculations (look it up, it's called statistics) the Dolphins will continue their current trend under Philbin of adding one win per season. This year was the most important of all because it helped set this trend for the foreseeable future. Of course, this means that by the year 2021 the Dolphins will be 16-0, and we all know that 16-0 teams are guaranteed to win the Super Bowl.

Everyone who criticizes Ross for keeping Philbin probably just needs to brush up on their math. I would suggest PM'ing bionic as he is the resident guru in this particular field. Hopefully this post will help shed some light on what should be a fairly easy to understand situation.
:jnc

Wes

venison crêpe
Tony Pauline ‏ @ TonyPauline5h

Bryan Stork/C/Florida State "Cleveland Browns have asked the goofiest questions of all" in interviews...

Omar Kelly ‏ @ OmarKelly 9h

My homie @ DOrlandoLED said the Browns are asking Senior Bowl prospects: "if you had a brick what would you do with it?" BLANK STARE

Omar Kelly ‏ @ OmarKelly

Gators OG Jon Halapio told me his brick question from the Browns was "tell me all the things you'd do with a brick."

Greg

Whoa Greg you got a new gaming PC?? What games you planning on playing !!
nah, not a new PC, but after my one drive died I had to sacrifice all gaming so I had space for all my music work

now I'm getting a nice drive dedicated for all my projects, so I have space again to game on the other drive

I have no clue what I'm going to play!

rando14

Bryan Stork/C/Florida State "Cleveland Browns have asked the goofiest questions of all" in interviews...

My homie @ DOrlandoLED said the Browns are asking Senior Bowl prospects: "if you had a brick what would you do with it?" BLANK STARE

Omar Kelly ‏ @ OmarKelly

Gators OG Jon Halapio told me his brick question from the Browns was "tell me all the things you'd do with a brick."

jagsfan.gif

jbug617

Banned
Sean Taylor news

@AdamSchefter: RT @ESPNNFL: BREAKING: Eric Rivera Jr., convicted of 2007 murder of Redskins star Sean Taylor, sentenced to more than 57 years in prison.

What are the Browns doing.

squicken

I have friends who sat through interviews where they were asked stupid questions just to see how they reacted. CLE really is supposed to be all in on different stuff. Could be physiologically profiling with that?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

4vkbzTzt.png

ASTK2Pft.png

Omar Kelly ‏ @ OmarKelly

sNfABOOt.png

Syrinx

I have friends who sat through interviews where they were asked stupid questions just to see how they reacted. CLE really is supposed to be all in on different stuff. Could be physiologically profiling with that?

What kind of response would they be looking for? If somebody gave them the "What kind of stupid fucking question is that?" look, would that be a good thing? Or if they answered it straight without batting an eyelash?

effzee

I never said anything close to that.

I know just joking.

But that was duce's logic. He was so worried about being relevant and good every year, moreso than winning the SB.

For me if the Eagles won, they would buy at least 2 seasons of fucking around before I get back on bitching about how they aren't winning the SB.

lmao so farmer might turn down second interview for gm job with dolphins....what the fuck

Farmer is from the Browns?

I haven't been able to keep up with all these possible moves. Why is he considered a good candidate?

I can just imagine Banner's smile and evil looks.

Told you Browns fans he is a fucking a moron. You will be in great cap shape though!

What kind of response would they be looking for? If somebody gave them the "What kind of stupid fucking question is that?" look, would that be a good thing? Or if they answered it straight without batting an eyelash?
I'm guessing the correct answer is, "I would utilize it as a cornerstone for a monument built to honor the great Mr. Michael Lombardi and the immaculate Mr. Jimmy Haslam."

dionysus

Yaldog

Almost any coherent response. That want to see you roll with the question instead of panicking. Non-technical interview questions are not exactly secrets, so a person could pretty much memorize a script. This is a way to get them off script. I once was in an interview for an oil company where they asked me 3 questions about tourism. Define it. What are the downsides of tourism? How will tourism evolve in the future?

Crisco

Banned

Omar Kelly ‏ @ OmarKelly

It's just a form of the sort of brain teasers you get when interviewing for a software engineering job, scaled down for dumb people. Instead of "how do figure out the heaviest ball out of nine only measuring twice" it's "what's a ball".

At least Banner's not asking "Is your momma a trifling and conniving crackwhore?"

gg Browns-GAF for being good sports with the whole coaching search ordeal. Hopefully Pettine works out for yall

For me if the Eagles won, they would buy at least 2 seasons of fucking around before I get back on bitching about how they aren't winning the SB.

Nah, you can start bitching immediately if you want. That's what cool about being a fan, we can be "fanatic" in our expectations.

JABEE

FMT is clearly on the Eagles "it's cool to lose in the NFCCG" train if he equates it to getting a blow job.

To put it in terms FMT would understand, it's more like when your girl eats your shit and you are all excited because now you get to eat her shit, but then she breaks the restraints and gets the fuck out of your basement. I still don't know how you escaped prison time for that.

It's not cool to lose. Losing the NFC Championships every year was awful. Losing in the Super Bowl was even worse

effzee

Nah, you can start bitching immediately if you want. That's what cool about being a fan, we can be "fanatic" in our expectations.

Well if it was similar to your case I wouldn't be as down as you are.

If say Foles wins the SB for us but then we have to sign him to a huge contract, I'd be ok with it. I'd still be upset and the season would be a failure if we didn't make the playoffs or made it but didn't win the SB but I'd understand.

This is the pain of not having ever seen your team win the championship. Be it SB or whatever they called it before the SB.

squicken

It's not cool to lose. Losing the NFC Championships every year was awful. Losing in the Super Bowl was even worse

Oilers and Marty Ball Browns were the only teams to make the playoffs 5 straight years and never make it to a SB. I got sick of those Oilers and got sick of the Texans who could never make the playoffs. What kills as a fan is the loss of hope. When it isn't working and the people in charge seem incapable of making the needed changes.

That's why I think BB is cleaning house in NE. They will always coast to the playoffs but they are not close to winning a SB. They are stuck, but he's smart enough to see it

Top Bottom