• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pro Bowl Week: Neon Deion vs. The Fumbling Fraud

Wes

venison crêpe
BITCH KITTIES

post-20013-Cat-to-dog-calm-down-dude-gif-kyYc.gif

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Furyous

At least Banner's not asking "Is your momma a trifling and conniving crackwhore?"

gg Browns-GAF for being good sports with the whole coaching search ordeal. Hopefully Pettine works out for yall

*Hangs head in Shame*

I give Pettine 26 months before he's made the escape goat for Lombardi's poor decisions. The Bills defense was okay Josh McD was a better choice.

The jokes are fine because I've got spreadsheets with <insert team here> offseason blunders.

Oilers and Marty Ball Browns were the only teams to make the playoffs 5 straight years and never make it to a SB. I got sick of those Oilers and got sick of the Texans who could never make the playoffs. What kills as a fan is the loss of hope. When it isn't working and the people in charge seem incapable of making the needed changes.

That's why I think BB is cleaning house in NE. They will always coast to the playoffs but they are not close to winning a SB. They are stuck, but he's smart enough to see it

If that's the case then Belichick will probably stick with Brady for at least another season or two.

Oilers and Marty Ball Browns were the only teams to make the playoffs 5 straight years and never make it to a SB. I got sick of those Oilers and got sick of the Texans who could never make the playoffs. What kills as a fan is the loss of hope. When it isn't working and the people in charge seem incapable of making the needed changes.

zArTRf6.jpg

Heh, not as bad as the Dolphins, they have no one there. No one.

Actually scouts are there and so is Assistant GM Gaine, who I think would be perfect to be promoted to GM so if there is another collapse next year they can clean house completely but you know that's so Dolphins.

Farmer out of the running for GM, decided to stay with the Browns. lol

This was mentioned on the ATL podcast a few times now in very high regard, so it's on my radar to read sometime in the future. Likely sometime in the offseason for my Football fix.

Yeah I'll probably read it a couple weeks before draft time when I'm really starting to fiend.

The way I understand it, it's like the GM has personnel control, but Aponte has control of the contracts. So essentially, she can veto anything the personnel guy does. And since she an Philbin are an alliance, it's not a good situation for outsiders.
That makes sense. Why would anyone want to come into that type of setup, especially when Ireland just left because of a sour relationship with Philbin/Aponte? Ross is an idiot. This isn't the first time he's had this lesson taught to him yet he refuses to learn from it.

Joe Person &#8207;@josephperson 5m
Ndamukong Suh would not confirm that he has fired his agents. Says every year he reevaluates things after the season.

If they get fired, Kas should apply

The way I understand it, it's like the GM has personnel control, but Aponte has control of the contracts. So essentially, she can veto anything the personnel guy does. And since she an Philbin are an alliance, it's not a good situation for outsiders.

He would be a glorified talent evaluator that answers to Ross, with Phiblin and Aponte also answering to Ross, I think Ross sees the football side as a business instead of a sport and tries to run it that way. After fucking up already twice he still doesn't fucken learn.

Joe Person &#8207;@josephperson 5m
Ndamukong Suh would not confirm that he has fired his agents. Says every year he reevaluates things after the season.

If they get fired, Kas should apply

Holy shit I bet he is going to ask for an insane contract. TO would fire his agent before he made crazy contract demands.

Mifune

Mehmber
Good hire by the Browns in Pettine. He's gonna be a good one. Really smart and a good motivator.

Bills fans can never have nice things. I hope they promote O'Neill to DC. He's Pettine's protege and that would really stick it to his old master. Yes I'm fucking bitter.

Nameless

First it is hilarious that in order to explain things to FMT we have to use explicit sexual analogies.

I think your analogy was the best so far. But in reality we are choosing between really shitty outcomes. Would you rather get within an inch of the SB or be so bad that Browns fans feel bad for you?

Both of those choices suck. I was just saying that it hurts more when you go further and come up short. As a fan of a shitty team this year I felt more shame and anger than pain. But seeing Garrard run 40 yards on my defense while taking more than 20 seconds to do it after Ben just brought us back from like 20 points down in the 4th (only to fuck it up because Tomlin doesn't understand 2 point conversions and our defense at that time couldn't stop people running in slow motion) was more painful.

Over time I laugh and think back fondly of certain shitty teams. It builds character to follow them. I never look back fondly on when Neil Odonnel led the Cowboys to their 5th SB win.

Yeah there's definitely something masochistic about being a sports fan. There's no why around it. Your team will fail, and the vast majority of seasons will end in disappointment.

The sex analogies are fitting because at this point a Niner Super Bowl win would actually bring me to orgasm. We're taking so much force the very fabric of space & time would tear around the load.

Wes

venison crêpe
@RapSheet

Days ago, #Dolphins had 2 top GM candidates in Ray Farmer & Jason Licht. Now, Licht works for #Bucs & Farmer pulled out to stay in Cleveland.

&#8207;@JasonLaCanfora

Dolphins GM search been plenty bizarre. Owner Stephen Ross called one candidate by wrong name repeatedly in one interview, had plans to... Depart for China as finalists being named. Many candidates pulled out. Big concerns with the structure there. Might need some new committees.

@RapSheet

Days ago, #Dolphins had 2 top GM candidates in Ray Farmer & Jason Licht. Now, Licht works for #Bucs & Farmer pulled out to stay in Cleveland.

&#8207;@JasonLaCanfora

Dolphins GM search been plenty bizarre. Owner Stephen Ross called one candidate by wrong name repeatedly in one interview, had plans to... Depart for China as finalists being named. Many candidates pulled out. Big concerns with the structure there. Might need some new committees.

Damn son.

squicken

Jason La Canfora &#8207;@JasonLaCanfora
Dolphins GM search been plenty bizarre. Owner Stephen Ross called one candidate by wrong name repeatedly in one interview, had plans to...

Jason La Canfora &#8207;@JasonLaCanfora
Depart for China as finalists being named. Many candidates pulled out. Big concerns with the structure there. Might need some new committees

c'mon new Browns

@RapSheet

&#8207;@JasonLaCanfora

Dolphins GM search been plenty bizarre. Owner Stephen Ross called one candidate by wrong name repeatedly in one interview, had plans to... Depart for China as finalists being named. Many candidates pulled out. Big concerns with the structure there. Might need some new owner.

Fixed.

@RapSheet

&#8207;@JasonLaCanfora

We need to buy the Fins and fire everyone and start over.

Albert Breer &#8207;@AlbertBreer
One thing I heard from a number of personnel execs in Mobile: Probably 10-12 players in this draft are better than ANYONE in the '13 draft.

Sounds like the perfect draft to have the number 2 overall pick in...

sad-redskins-fans.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
"I believe in fitting the scheme to the players rather than the players to the scheme"

What a revelation this guy already is.

Hey Denver people, are Big Al and D-Mac supposed to be joke characters? Cause they don't seem to have any concept of how good Seattle's defense is...

Top Bottom