• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmdorsey

You rang?

I've always been a FB poke/post away.

How's everybody been?

Holy shit! DarienA is back. Excellent. Congrats on your team making the bowl.

Buckethead, just when I thought you couldn't make a worst OP you take me to a new low.

Bah. 10 yards. 4 yards from a first down. Gotdamnit.

You've done a good job at holding in the YOU PEOPLEs.
Or incidentally tweeting 2 minutes after Newton posts on GAF.

Do I watch John Carter or Twilight: Breaking Dawn (Part 1) tonight?
image.php

John Carter.

It's not great but it's not Twilight.

bionic77

I can't really say i've ever had fun playing a smartphone app. It's just something I do while killing time at the doctors office or when i'm tired of reading GAF.
The only good thing about phone games is you don't look like a loser in public playing them. Can't say the same about handhelds at my age, though the games are fantastic.

No meant handhelds. Phone apps are eh.

DS was one of the best consoles ever. Shits all over the home consoles.

I played my DS until I got a decent enough phone then just played stuff on there. I agree that the handheld games are obviously deeper, but when I'm on the go or just hanging out I really don't need them. Smartphone games -- and GAF on the go -- are all I need. The handhelds are dead
to me

Handhelds are literally my only avenue of gaming at the moment. I pick up the occasional game off the App Store, but the purist in me needs buttons, NEEDS them bad.

bionic77

If my iPhone had a game as good as fire emblem (which could be played without buttons) then I could ditch the handhelds for phones.

cajunator

Banned
Should watch Any Given Sunday in preparation for the Super Bowl.
By the way, what are some good football movies? Ive seen Invincible and The replacements, and the Blind Side.

MechDX

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...Pro-Bowl/da857b17-12cd-47cc-8d86-76cad455b19d

“The first night, Peyton Manning came up to me and I talked to him,” Brown said, referencing the four-time NFL MVP quarterback of the Denver Broncos. “I didn’t feel like he would know exactly who I was, but he just told me how great of a player I was. That meant a lot. That’s a guy who’s been doing it for a long time and will go down as arguably the best quarterback to play the game.”

Brown has started 76 games in his five-year career, every game possible save for a four-game suspension in 2010. He has been penalized for holding only twice. He allowed anywhere from zero to 2.5 sacks in 2011, depending on the statistical service of choice. Brown anchored the Texans’ O-line again this season as the team ranked seventh in rushing and allowed Matt Schaub to be sacked only 27 times, one of the loweset totals in the NFL

Those stats for a LT in this league are phenomenal! Glad we got him signed long term before he became a FA this off season.

Greg

Are you trying to become Dutch Patriot 2.0?

ps. seen both you could do better things with your night.
:jnc

I'm feeling like a movie though. I checked on demand at the newer movies listed, and the only ones I saw that looked relatively interesting were American Reunion (watched the other night), Contraband, Project X, and John Carter. Everything else I've either already seen, don't care to see, or don't know enough about to care.

By the way, what are some good football movies? Ive seen Invincible and The replacements, and the Blind Side.
I really like GridIron gang, but that's just me.
Interesting fact, main character in movie actually went to NFL

bionic77

There are no great football movies. Any Given Sunday has great lines though.

In preparation of the Superbowl I am going to watch 2012 and the Day After Tomorrow.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on

Watch the Burt Reynolds The Longest Yard, then watch the Adam Sandler one... the differences are just crazy... I mean hell Burt Reynolds roughs the hell up out of a girl at the beginning... the PG-13 version contrast in the Adam Sandler version of that and other stuff just makes me smh... the Sandler version does have some funny moments....

Novid

Banned
Super Bowl Ratings this year? No where close to record breaking. But i been suprised before and CBS did start the whole breaking record e-peen thing with 44.

NBC had the best Internet stream...ever. CBS still using four year old tech and they got two weeks go get it up to fucking standard. Flash can only go so far and BBC isnt giving you there Olypmic "codecs" ... god damn it moonves when im watching old intros of mothefucking 20 year old CGI that was 20 years ahead of its time, you got a fucking god damn problem... they have better blow people away this year and SB50.

(and protip, his shows still suck. when 6 degrees of awsomeness (kevin bacon) shits all over gibbs semi-stormfront acting bullshit you know you got problems. and this moonves wants to own sony pictures? GTFOWTNS.

Any Given Sunday is way too bloated to be a great football movie. It does have some good scenes, including the legendary speech by Pacino near the end. But damn that was a looooong three hours.

Try to find Playmakers. Damn good show.

Watch the Burt Reynolds The Longest Yard, then watch the Adam Sandler one... the differences are just crazy... I mean hell Burt Reynolds roughs the hell up out of a girl at the beginning... the PG-13 version contrast in the Adam Sandler version of that and other stuff just makes me smh... the Sandler version does have some funny moments....

Never saw The Sandler Longest Yard, but does he end up with some hot chick at any point in the movie? All of his other movies are like that. He's usually filthy rich too.

Godslay

Banned
Ni no kuni is gonna be good. Just sunk a good 4 hours into it. Puzzles and dragons has been competing for my time as well.I've never really been into pokemon style games, but it so addictive blended with bejeweled.

I'm also surprised some are calling the wiiu a flop this early in the game. We are still in the launch doldrums that every console has. Give it a year or so and let's see what we have. Same thing will happen with MS/Sony boxes. They'll hit a dry patch after launch.

Cajun watch the Todd Marinovich 30 for 30. Good stuff.

cajunator

Banned
Super Bowl Ratings this year? No where close to record breaking. But i been suprised before and CBS did start the whole breaking record e-peen thing with 44.

NBC had the best Internet stream...ever. CBS still using four year old tech and they got two weeks go get it up to fucking standard. Flash can only go so far and BBC isnt giving you there Olypmic "codecs" ... god damn it moonves when im watching old intros of mothefucking 20 year old CGI that was 20 years ahead of its time, you got a fucking god damn problem... they have better blow people away this year and SB50.

(and protip, his shows still suck. when 6 degrees of awsomeness (kevin bacon) shits all over gibbs semi-stormfront acting bullshit you know you got problems. and this moonves wants to own sony pictures? GTFOWTNS.
Your posts never make any fucking sense and you are awesome because of it.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Never saw The Sandler Longest Yard, but does he end up with some hot chick at any point in the movie? All of his other movies are like that. He's usually filthy rich too.

Mmmm nope he's still in prison. He's messing around with a filthy rich chick Courteney Cox to start the movie though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom