• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Just turned on sports center for the first time in like 6 years because I thought it was 7 and the Badger game had started. There was an ESPN reporter asking Ravens how ticklish they are.

Your dignity is cheap dragon.

Fox318

Just turned on sports center for the first time in like 6 years because I thought it was 7 and the Badger game had started. There was an ESPN reporter asking Ravens how ticklish they are.

Was that a debate on first take too?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Am I alone in being totally comfortable doing horrific, horrific things to be able to work in a job field related to a hobby of mine for 100,000 bucks a year? I mean, shockingly degrading things. Like, anything to do with Big Ben's life.

So you don't want Weeden?
I was never a fan of drafting Weeden. I'll admit that Weeden is a upgrade over colt in Arm strength but I never wanted to draft him. Like i said before the day we drafted Weeden at 22 I sang to my brother "this is the worst day of my life" in a drake voice. That being said I've warmed up to him, but I still want Alex or some veteran as a stop gap until we get our guy.

Dragon

Banned

Indeed. I wish it was easier to get free tickets. At least ill be able to go to the last Big East tournament.

Godslay

Banned
No doubt on that smart thing. That was pretty dumb. But he is a Pats fan, so we knew this about him.

Still, generally, making fun of a job that makes 6 figures? You better come correct. Same with calling people virgins or whatever. If you look like one of ez's "conquests" you're better off keeping your mouth shut.

Depends on where that six figures is being made. If it's in SF or NY, it's really not as much as it seems. If it's in bumble fuck Kansas, then we've got a winner.

bionic77

Am I alone in being totally comfortable doing horrific, horrific things to be able to work in a job field related to a hobby of mine for 100,000 bucks a year? I mean, shockingly degrading things. Like, anything to do with Big Ben's life.
100k is less than it sounds. Sell your soul for at least 300k.

I will rep anyone but Pats fans. A man has to have standards.

Dragon

Banned
Depends on where that six figures is being made. If it's in SF or NY, it's really not as much as it seems. If it's in bumble fuck Kansas, then we've got a winner.

Very true. For instance i pay 2150 in rent in Manhattan. I just reacted like a ten year old girl who had her barbie's head pulled off.

Sorry jnc. I was out of line.

Wouldn't it be in Connecticut? That's where ESPN's head offices are.

ESPN Mobile is in New York City.

jakncoke

Banned

Its fine if you love it, but that doesnt mean you get a free card from the trolling gallery. And even more so if someone going to get salty and pull a "yeah?yeah? im richer and smarter than you take that neiner neiner ". Once upon a time I was dumb enough to share where I work, not anymore though. I learned my lesson.

Very true. For instance i pay 2150 in rent in Manhattan. I just reacted like a ten year old girl who had her barbie's head pulled off.

You cant hurt my feelings, or effect me. Im more likely to pissed at you for trolling the Steelers or my sports teams than trolling my life.

WanderingWind

100k is less than it sounds. Sell your soul for at least 300k.

I will rep anyone but Pats fans. A man has to have standards.

My mortgage on my house in SoCal is 1300. I make roughly 52k and I'm pretty comfortable. Just bought a new car, too. Life is pretty stellar. Not rich, but comfy.

100k? I'd be buying hookers to do my laundry and jet skiing the Alps with my rented alpaca

eznark

Banned
Yeah that thing is a piece of shit.

If you work on the radio app though,bravo. Latest revamp was awesome.
My mortgage on my house in SoCal is 1300. I make roughly 52k and I'm pretty comfortable. Just bought a new car, too. Life is pretty stellar. Not rich, but comfy.

100k? I'd be buying hookers to do my laundry and jet skiing the Alps with my rented alpaca

No you wouldn't. You'd have a slightly bigger house and a bit nicer car. 100k isn't life changing money.

bionic77

It's easier to spend money than make it unless you are a trust fund baby. Wait until you get married and your kids need shit and your wife wants some commie bag you have to go to Manhattan to buy and was likely designed by Tom Brady herself.

WanderingWind

No you wouldn't. You'd have a slightly bigger house and a bit nicer car. 100k isn't life changing money.

Not to get all pity party and shit, but I was homeless once upon a time. 52k is life changing money. And I am married, b.

Double what I got now? It'd be a wet dream.

But anyway, fuck the Pats, fuck the Jets, fuck Toronto and, as always, fuck Scott Norwood.

bionic77

Not to get all pity party and shit, but I was homeless once upon a time. 52k is life changing money. And I am married, b.

But anyway, fuck the Pats, fuck the Jets, fuck Toronto and, as always, fuck Scott Norwood.
I like you.

We should all strive to be just like you.

Dragon

Banned
Yeah that thing is a piece of shit.

If you work on the radio app though,bravo. Latest revamp was awesome.

Yeah not a fan of the new design of SC. I can take a look at your preferences though if you PM me your username. There were definitely some migration issues.

In all honesty, I'd rather be married with a family than single in NYC at this point. I'd be happy with what you got.

eznark

Banned

See jak, there is hope for the homeless!

jakncoke

Banned
I dont even care about money, Im pretty simple on what I want out of life. The only reason I dont want to be poor is because being poor means every day is a russian roulette to financial disaster.

It's easier to spend money than make it unless you are a trust fund baby. Wait until you get married and your kids need shit and your wife wants some commie bag you have to go to Manhattan to buy and was likely designed by Tom Brady herself.

So true. I could get by comfortably on less than a 3rd of what I make were it not for my wife and daughter.

JABEE

I'm happy everyone is getting along again. Those were a tense few moments. People were insulting Nintendo and each other's livelihoods.

It is all the WiiU's fault. If it's sales weren't tanking, this never would have happened.

Dragon

Banned
I'm happy everyone is getting along again. Those were a tense few moments. People were insulting Nintendo and each other's livelihoods.

It is all the WiiU's fault. If it's sales weren't tanking, this never would have happened.

Can I still insult Roman Cechmanek or is that not allowed?

WanderingWind

I don't give a fuck about that. I was admiring your choices in hatred. It was righteous.

Ah. Indeed.

In all honesty, I'd rather be married with a family than single in NYC at this point. I'd be happy with what you got.

I'm deliriously happy with my situation. But, hey, you like football, you work with sports and make bank? Pretty bitchin' too.

But seriously. Fuck your team and everything about it.

Bowser

Yikes. Do you live by yourself? I pay $1700 for my share of a fairly nice 2br in the Chelsea area and even I thought I was paying too much lol. I can afford it (could probably afford a little higher), but it just seems wrong when I was paying $500/month in rent for a 2-story apartment in Chapel Hill a few years ago -_____-

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I was never a fan of drafting Weeden. I'll admit that Weeden is a upgrade over colt in Arm strength but I never wanted to draft him. Like i said before the day we drafted Weeden at 22 I sang to my brother "this is the worst day of my life" in a drake voice. That being said I've warmed up to him, but I still want Alex or some veteran as a stop gap until we get our guy.

smh

Dragon

Banned
I'm deliriously happy with my situation. But, hey, you like football, you work with sports and make bank? Pretty bitchin' too.

But seriously. Fuck your team and everything about it.

Good to hear. It's gonna be hard to hate you going forward as long as Spiller is on the team but I guess I have to try.

Godslay

Banned
Its fine if you love it, but that doesnt mean you get a free card from the trolling gallery. And even more so if someone going to get salty and pull a "yeah?yeah? im richer and smarter than you take that neiner neiner ". Once upon a time I was dumb enough to share where I work, not anymore though. I learned my lesson.

Who cares where you worked or how much you make. What I've noticed is there is always someone who makes more, and has more shit. It's like the food chain, not all of us can be on top, and the majority of us end up as bottom feeders.

So true. I could get by comfortably on less than a 3rd of what I make were it not for my wife and daughter.

This is the truth. When I was single things where simple and money poured in. I saved a ton of money when I was single. When we had kids, that changed quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom