• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

vmQtWYSl.jpg

EXTREME

Love the sponsors. :jnc

xnipx

It's not about her. I'm adopted too and ran into the same issue as him. It's not disrespect but how will the parents that raised you feel? They can say oh it's fine but there is kind of a feeling of betrayal there. The parents who raised you are your parents and that's that. Very difficult pickle to be in for kap!

But the adopted parents know her. And have met with her several times. They even encouraged him to accept her in his life. He's just being a dick about it.

xnipx

She was a nurse. She wasn't struggling.

Theory is she gave him up because he was mixed race.

She worked at a hospital. No way she was an actual nurse at 19. CNA maybe. And they make at most $12-$17 an hour.

But then again this was Wisconsin....so maybe she did fear for her life

Whose theory? Has this been stated publicly by him?

Nope, he won't divulge. Kaepernick is soft on the subject.

Can't remember where I read it. Was about 2 months ago.

If he was put through the struggles that many foster kids go through with group homes and such I could understand. But he was handed off to a good family right away that KNEW the mother.

She didn't want anything to do with him until recently.

It's hard to form a relationship with an absentee parent.

BigAT

Nope, he won't divulge. Kaepernick is soft on the subject.

Can't remember where I read it. Was about 2 months ago.

Kaepernick actually did say something on the subject of his birth mother a few years ago:

"Hey, you know what? You ain’t got to do nothing. Hey, you know? Ain’t like I’m still five-years old, you know? Ain’t like I’m going to be sitting up every night asking my Mom, ‘When’s birth-Mommy coming home?’ You know? Who needs her? Hey, she wasn’t there to teach me how to throw my first football, but I learned, didn’t I? Hey I got pretty damned good at it too, didn’t I?

Got through my first date without her, right? I learned how to drive, I learned how to shave, I learned how to fight without her. I had FOURTEEN great birthdays without her! She never even sent me a damn card–TO HELL WITH HER!"

Ed Reed could 'definitely' play for Pats

NEW ORLEANS -- It appears that Patriots coach Bill Belichick's bromance with Ravens safety Ed Reed is not a one-sided affair.

Reed, who has deflected questions about his future this month, couldn't help himself when a Boston Herald reporter asked if he could see himself playing for Belichick next season.

"Yeah, oh yeah, man, I could definitely play for Coach Belichick," said Reed, who is an unrestricted free agent in March. "He is a great coach. I'm sure he can help me to expand my football knowledge even more as a player and as a coach, so if I'm ever able to be around him, just like I was at the Pro Bowl, it's huge."

I speculated two weeks ago that Reed could find a new home in New England next season. A couple of years ago, Tom Brady joked that Belichick wanted to adopt Ed Reed and change his name to "Ed Belichick."

Now, it appears that Reed is taking fashion tips from Belichick. I couldn't make this next quote up if I tried.

"It's the reason why I wear my sweater cut off a little bit," Reed said. "He's the first guy I saw like, 'That's cool.' You know, that's cool. He cuts those sweater sleeves, and he'll be comfortable. So there's a reason why. Most people will tell you around the facility that's how I look. It's just a blessing to even have met, to know Coach Belichick."

What's next for Reed and Belichick? Secret handshakes? Late-night texting BFFs?

There is a chance that the Super Bowl will be Ed Reed's final game for Baltimore. I guess we'll have to wait a few months before we find out if Reed is swapping a Ravens jersey for a Patriots hoodie.

Source : http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/64807/ed-reed-could-definitely-play-for-pats

OMG! I now want him to play one year and 'coach' McCourty into an elite safety. And after that become our secondary coach.

Kaepernick actually did say something on the subject a few years ago:

"Hey, you know what? You ain’t got to do nothing. Hey, you know? Ain’t like I’m still five-years old, you know? Ain’t like I’m going to be sitting up every night asking my Mom, ‘When’s birth-Mommy coming home?’ You know? Who needs her? Hey, she wasn’t there to teach me how to throw my first football, but I learned, didn’t I? Hey I got pretty damned good at it too, didn’t I?

Got through my first date without her, right? I learned how to drive, I learned how to shave, I learned how to fight without her. I had FOURTEEN great birthdays without her! She never even sent me a damn card–TO HELL WITH HER!"

How come she dont want me man?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Kaepernick actually did say something on the subject of his birth mother a few years ago:

Excellent work.

cdyhybrid

squicken

See this is far more plausible than the race thing. I'm not adopted, but I'm sure that messes with a kid's mind. Why was I rejected? What was wrong with me? Stuff that as an adult they intellectually know is silly, but that they can't shake

Cullliver just became a douchebag that I won't root for.
I take it you're talking about this?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...er-makes-homophobic-remarks-during-media-day/

Culliver made several disparaging remarks when asked about the possibility of having a homosexual teammate by radio personality (and former Howard Stern sidekick) Artie Lange.

The audio of the exchange was played during Lange’s show (and passed along by the San Jose Mercury News), with Culliver making it seem clear that a gay teammate would not be welcome.

“I don’t do the gay guys man,” Culliver said. “I don’t do that. No, we don’t got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do.

“Can’t be with that sweet stuff. Nah … can’t be … in the locker room man. Nah.”
I suppose someone should tell Culliver that he's not being asked if he actually fucked a gay guy. Though if your this much of a bigoted moron, I suppose it doesn't make a difference...

David Tyree is another one that came out with high profile homophobia. Lost any respect I had for him then as well.

...does he know what team he's on?
I thought the same thing. You might not want to live/play in San Fran, Chris. :jnc

I was more amused by his assertion that no one in the Niners locker room is gay.......that he knows of because you know they are likely to come right out and say it considering how open minded these guys have shown themselves to be.

Bowser

I thought the same thing. You might not want to live/play in San Fran, Chris. :jnc

I was more amused by his assertion that no one in the Niners locker room is gay.......that he knows of because you know they are likely to come right out and say it considering how open minded these guys have shown themselves to be.

Must have been a culture shock for him when he first got there. Not surprised he'd spout that shit, the dude is from the bumfuck parts of NC and went to South Carolina.

eznark

Banned
She didn't want anything to do with him until recently.

It's hard to form a relationship with an absentee parent.

Recently is relative. She apparently was trying to contact him all through college and went to some of his games hoping he would acknowledge her.

I've never heard the mixed race trash. Sounds like bullshit to me.

Recently is relative. She apparently was trying to contact him all through college and went to some of his games hoping he would acknowledge her.

I've never heard the mixed race trash. Sounds like bullshit to me.

He was in college recently. He was also a baseball prospect..

Think of it from his side - "She didn't want anything to do with me growing up, but now that i'm knocking on the door of success she wants to see me."

eznark

Banned
He was in college recently. He was also a baseball prospect..

Think of it from his side - "She didn't want anything to do with me growing up, but now that i'm knocking on the door of success she wants to see me."

Oh yeah, but I guess she started to try and reach out to him like 4-5 years ago, not just since he has been starting. Just wanted to clarify recently.

I'm not even defending the woman, just don't know why she deserves ridicule or hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom