• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

Here is the 49ers PR department's Chris Culliver's apology for what he said today:

49ers CB Chris Culliver said his anti-gay comments "were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel. It has taken me seeing them in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly. Those discriminating feelings are truly not in my heart. Further, I apologize to those who I have hurt and offended, and I pledge to learn and grow from this experience.”

Yeah, right.

Edit: Beaten like FMT in our Madden playoffs last season.

TACKLE JOE STALEY: “I have no issues. I feel like everybody should be who they are. … I think this is a different generation. It’s more accepted.”

GUARD ALEX BOONE: “I had a friend who came out and I was like all right, cool. I didn’t know he was gay and he came out and it didn’t change anything. We were still friends. It was like all right, cool. Who cares?”

CORNERBACK TARELL BROWN: “To each his own, whatever makes you happy, do it. I just feel like, you shouldn’t hide it. At the end of the day don’t be embarrassed with what you are, or what you do. If you are that way, that’s you.”

LINEBACKER LARRY GRANT: “I’ve known guys that I’ve played with in the past (who were gay). When you’re younger you hear different kinds of jokes, when you are in high school and college. At the end of the day, we are all family in this locker room, and we accept each player for whoever they are. … It’s all a brotherhood.”

LINEBACKER TAVARES GOODEN: “I don’t have an issue with a teammate being gay or anything like that. As long as we respect each other space and every other’s mind than we are fine.”

DEFENSIVE LINEMAN RICKY JEAN FRANCOIS: “If someone did (come out), I would still respect them. It doesn’t matter, they are still my teammate, still my friend off the field too.”

SAFETY DONTE WHITNER: “I don’t think it is fair to begrudge or belittle anyone.”

for shame cully!

Rorschach

LINEBACKER TAVARES GOODEN: “I don’t have an issue with a teammate being gay or anything like that. As long as we respect each other space and every other’s mind than we are fine.”
Sounds like the ol' "just don't gay me!"

391823_10151219833176875_1184784498_n.jpg

mmm hmm!

cajunator

Banned
a lot of Californians are moving to Louisiana lately though. Seeing a lot more raiders and niners fans around. I wonder what is bringing them here? Im guessing the oilfield work.

Slo

I'm watching the Wild game. The white guys hit the black thing with a stick, a horn blew, and they all started punching in the air like those guys from Jersey Shore.

HylianTom

Banned
a lot of Californians are moving to Louisiana lately though. Seeing a lot more raiders and niners fans around. I wonder what is bringing them here? Im guessing the oilfield work.
I get a vibe here in uptown NOLA that's eerily familiar to the one I got when living in Austin in the early 00's: lots of folks from out of state moving in, with notable numbers from California. Lots of frou-frou pricey shops/businesses opening up, the cost of living jumping, the housing market pushing home prices north, etc etc.

Not exactly sure what all these folks do for a living here. Tourism is booming, and the medical field is in a major expansion right now.. but there's gotta be something else going-on here.

cajunator

Banned
I get a vibe here in uptown NOLA that's eerily familiar to the one I got when living in Austin in the early 00's: lots of folks from out of state moving in, with notable numbers from California. Lots of frou-frou pricey shops/businesses opening up, the cost of living jumping, the housing market pushing home prices north, etc etc.

Not exactly sure what all these folks do for a living here. Tourism is booming, and the medical field is in a major expansion right now.. but there's gotta be something else going-on here.

Same thing going on in Lafayette. Its an invasion!
Its nice to see outside interest in the state again though.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

i'm going to write a song called "Thoughts In My Head (Not In My Heart)"

Probably how he really feels, but you know if there was an out gay player that could meaningfully contribute to the football team Harbaugh wouldn't hesitate for a second to put him on that team and no one in that locker room would say shit about it. The goal is an NFL Championship and no legitimate NFL Coach would let the gender that someone bangs hinder their chances

Suggs: That stuff doesn't happen in real life

you heard it straight from the horses mouth folks! no football player has ever used a PED

Dang FMT, y'all need him to Get over this distraction quick and be ready for the game! His head needs to be right.

what distraction? he made a stupid comment, issued an empty apology, and everyone moves forward. if we can overcome the Grabtree incident then this is a complete non-issue on the field

watching ESPNews:

Cris Carter: If the 49ers defense has a weakness, it's getting off the field on 3rd down.

49ers 3rd down defense on the season: Ranked #4, allow 34% conversion rate.

how do these motherfuckers get these jobs?

Fantomex

Suggs: That stuff doesn't happen in real life

you heard it straight from the horses mouth folks! no football player has ever used a PED

what distraction? he made a stupid comment, issued an empty apology, and everyone moves forward. if we can overcome the Grabtree incident then this is a complete non-issue on the field

Ninja please. The media blows stuff up, it will be in his head to some degree.

Rorschach

watching ESPNews:

Cris Carter: If the 49ers defense has a weakness, it's getting off the field on 3rd down.

49ers 3rd down defense on the season: Ranked #4, allow 34% conversion rate.

how do these motherfuckers get these jobs?

He probably meant the playoffs. It's like 50% on third and fourth down IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom