• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Rick Gosselin ‏@RickGosselinDMN
SF lost a league-low 8 games by starters due to injury. Last team to win a Super Bowl with single-digits was 1993 Cowboys, also with 8 games

So at my work we did a pool on the playoffs, 22 people each put in $20. I am tied for 1st with another person. My fear is that the other person is going to pick the 9ers like me and then the tiebreaker is total points scored. I was wondering if anyone has an idea how I could make a prediction for the total points beyond just guessing or adding the total points allowed for each team. Hopefully the other person will just pick the Ravens and it wont matter.

Oh I really do. I just think 9ers have the better offense and defense and HC. Kaep is a young guy though so I could see his lack of experience hurting him.
I've picked wrong against the 49ers in both of their games so far simply because I thought Kaep's inexperience would be the difference but obviously I was wrong both times. At this point it's hard for me to even consider it as a factor. He's really kind of flipped the playoff script from the past decade or so.

I've picked wrong against the 49ers in both of their games so far simply because I thought Kaep's inexperience would be the difference but obviously I was wrong both times. At this point it's hard for me to even consider it as a factor. He's really kind of flipped the playoff script from the past decade or so.

Yeah he has been amazing so far. NFLN had a story about how Kaep was going around and calming down the coaches and teammates on the sideline after they got down 17-0 against the Falcons. It is crazy that he is only a 2nd year player.

Yeah he has been amazing so far. NFLN had a story about how Kaep was going around and calming down the coaches and teammates on the sideline after they got down 17-0 against the Falcons. It is crazy that he is only a 2nd year player.
It really is. It's also still crazy to me that Harbs decided to go all in with him. He really is some kind of genius. I'm still bitter about the stupid Dolphins missing out on him...

In general this has just been a really strange year for the playoffs, if you ask me. I guess it isn't that surprising given how strong the 49ers and Ravens are overall but if you had told me at the beginning of the season that Flacco and Colin Kaepernick would be duking it out in the SB I'd have dismissed you as mad.

It really is. It's also still crazy to me that Harbs decided to go all in with him. He really is some kind of genius. I'm still bitter about the stupid Dolphins missing out on him...

Yeah I wish the Eagles had gotten him as well. I thought he would be really good but I had no idea he would be this good this soon. Him and Wilson are going to be the Brady and Manning of the new generation, except they will have more then 1 SB between them.

cajunator

Banned
Why do grown men lose their shit about what bots on the internet say about corporations that make toys?

I'm not really sure. Years ago I realized all these consoles were the same thing and not worth arguing about. I think people just love to choose sides and unify behind something. See also: sports.

eznark

Banned
Glad to see Donald Driver know when to hang em up. Amazing career my man.

Packer.com classing it up

130131-driver-donald-710a.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
Why do grown men lose their shit about what bots on the internet say about corporations that make toys?

I have a theory, Its the basement mold spores controlling their mind in between mtn dew and hot pockets.

Driver grew up in Houston and spent of his childhood homeless, using a U-Haul trailer as shelter. Driver played his college ball at Alcorn State before he was selected by the Packers in the seventh-round of the 1999 NFL draft.

Living in a U-Haul, crazy.

Spinluck

Last time I criticized Nintendo nerds got hot in this thread. I can only imagine the bloodbath that is the gaming side.

Poor Guttenberg he probably went out swinging the sword of hyrule like a G.

Last time you criticized Nintendo, you made some derp generalizations you couldn't back up, no one got hot. Lol.

I don't think anyone in NFL-GAF loses sleep over Nintendo criticism, except for snes.

Narag

People do the same thing with phones, sometimes the very same folk that night condemn console warrioring.

Zealots just get really sensitive about the stuff they use to help support and form their identity. It's like that day jakncoke had to log off because of all the mean stuff said in here about the Steelers!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Glad to see Donald Driver know when to hang em up. Amazing career my man.

Packer.com classing it up

130131-driver-donald-710a.jpg

:(

Going to be weird not having him around. I'm glad he was able to get a ring after getting Favre'd so often.

I really wish Jennings would have been the next Driver although his house going up for sale tells me what I need to know. Maybe Randall Cobb is the next one!

edit: that wasn't actually snes was it? Loads of people get banned in gaming side. The trick is never to dislike something more than a "meh" but feel free to praise whatever. And never, ever get defensive. Oh and don't take a dump on people's nostalgia. I think the Genesis was vastly inferior to the SNES and that most Genesis games feel terrible but I wouldn't say that really anywhere outside this thread.

jakncoke

Banned
As a 7th rounder and lasting beyond pretty much every is pretty amazing. Only active 1999 draft people this year were,

Champ Bailey 1-7
Antoine Winfield 1-23
Mike Peterson 2-36
Brandon Stokley 4-105
Donald Driver 7-213
Todd McClure 7-237

So his next alt will either be a Saints or Falcons fan, right? I kind of feel bad for the next junior that shows up and roots for either of those teams. They are going to have to deal with a ton of snes is that you type posts.

cajunator

Banned
So his next alt will either be a Saints or Falcons fan, right? I kind of feel bad for the next junior that shows up and roots for either of those teams. They are going to have to deal with a ton of snes is that you type posts.

I dont foresee many new Saints fans for a while. Our reputation has been drug through the mud. But fuck it. Im still here!

I dont foresee many new Saints fans for a while. Our reputation has been drug through the mud. But fuck it. Im still here!

One winning season and that stuff will be forgotten. It seems like the league wants to put it in the past so I doubt we will even hear much about it next year.

cajunator

Banned
One winning season and that stuff will be forgotten. It seems like the league wants to put it in the past so I doubt we will even hear much about it next year.

I really fucking hope so.
Goodell is going to have some difficulty finding a place to eat at in NOLA I know that for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom