• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So his next alt will either be a Saints or Falcons fan, right? I kind of feel bad for the next junior that shows up and roots for either of those teams. They are going to have to deal with a ton of snes is that you type posts.

If the trend continues he'll come back as a Browns fan.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
edit: that wasn't actually snes was it? Loads of people get banned in gaming side. The trick is never to dislike something more than a "meh" but feel free to praise whatever. And never, ever get defensive. Oh and don't take a dump on people's nostalgia. I think the Genesis was vastly inferior to the SNES and that most Genesis games feel terrible but I wouldn't say that really anywhere outside this thread.

Get fucked. Sonic the Hedgehog >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SMB

jakncoke

Banned
You dont suck the heads?
(the crawfish heads often trap the seasoning as well as the tasty fat so we suck the delicious stuff out of them)

Ive never eaten one, Once I was in Georgia picking my cousin up from Ft.Benning. We stopped at a Chinese Buffet and I was like hmm i'll try it, but i sat down and was like how do I eat this, asked my family and they didnt know either so to avoid looking like a moron I put it aside.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Ive never eaten one, Once I was in Georgia picking my cousin up from Ft.Benning. We stopped at a Chinese Buffet and I was like hmm i'll try it, but i sat down and was like how do I eat this, asked my family and they didnt know either so to avoid looking like a moron I put it aside.

Yeah in the south they have "craw dad" boils in some families that are similar to a fish fry or a barbecue.

I'm generally not a huge fan of eating giant water insects unless it looks nothing like it used to like a lobster tail or something. Crab claws are okay too.

cajunator

Banned

Fuck dude. dont eat chinese crawfish in Georgia!
If you're going to eat them it needs to be Louisiana sourced.
To peel the things you have to twist the head portion off, then pinch the tail portion to crack it down the middle and then peel it off segment by segment. Then you dip it in butter sauce with a bit of sesame oil and seasoning in it. Usually takes a Louisiana native about 7 seconds or so to peel it. We can go through a 40 pound bag of them like nothing.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
The difference is we kept it here and were mostly joking about it.
The mods who watched here didnt care about it enough to intervene. He was stupid as fuck to go over there and I even warned him TODAY about some of those threads. He dug his own grave.

For real. We all knew and just fucked with him.

A tiger can't change it's stripes, I suppose.

:snes

MechDX

To peel the things you have to twist the head portion off, then pinch the tail portion to crack it down the middle and then peel it off segment by segment. Then you dip it in butter sauce with a bit of sesame oil and seasoning in it. Usually takes a Louisiana native about 7 seconds or so to peel it. We can go through a 40 pound bag of them like nothing.

And eat the red potatos and corn on the cob that gets boiled with them.....drool

cajunator

Banned
And eat the red potatos and corn on the cob that gets boiled with them.....drool

Yeah I would figure you Houston area guys might know all about crawfish boils. Yall so lucky!
I feel a kinship with Texans fans. together we can tell Dallas Cowboys to go to hell :D

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Do they just call them "crawfish" in LA? I've heard Crawdad a lot in Arkansas. I think they were called Crayfish in Wisconsin because that was the first name I ever knew them by.

I'm getting trolled by Skip Bayless, he's on tv talking about how the field goal needs to be eliminated. Awful.

jakncoke

Banned

Like I know anything about the South and where I should eat something! That was my only time ever going south of PA borderline!

Miguel

Not a fan of crawfish, but all the stuff surrounding the crawfish is fucking awesome. Well, you know, the potatoes, corn on the cob, and beer.

Potato and Corn on the Cob boils ftw!

Just grill up some steaks while they're at it and I'll be fine.

MechDX

Do they just call them "crawfish" in LA? I've heard Crawdad a lot in Arkansas. I think they were called Crayfish in Wisconsin because that was the first name I ever knew them by.

I'm getting trolled by Skip Bayless, he's on tv talking about how the field goal needs to be eliminated. Awful.

Crawfish. Wienke you should hit up the Spring Crawfish Festival in April I believe, just south of the Woodlands. Conroe also has a Cajun Catfish Festival in May.

mmmmmmm...fried catfish.....

cajunator

Banned

Yeah crawfish. Never called crayfish here. Occasionally they might be called crawdads or mudbugs.
you should try some in a scrambled egg omelette with green onions and cheese. Oh my lord.

Greg

Glad to see Donald Driver know when to hang em up. Amazing career my man.

Packer.com classing it up

130131-driver-donald-710a.jpg
:)

I'm glad he got a ring.

MechDX

http://www.stateofthetexans.com/?p=10129

Rumor is Texans will try an resign Barwin and slide Brooks Reed to ILB next to Cushing and Mercilus starts at the other OLB . Personally I don't like it. I don't think Reed can cover TE's in routes and Barwin was just terrible this year.

I think with all these teams switching to a 3-4 defense this year someone is going to seriously overpay Barwin anyway. At least I hope so.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Dragon needs to get in here and pay for his crimes.

I feel it's only right he is forced to eat some Taco Bell tonight.

cajunator

Banned
http://www.stateofthetexans.com/?p=10129

Rumor is Texans will try an resign Barwin and slide Brooks Reed to ILB next to Cushing and Mercilus starts at the other OLB . Personally I don't like it. I don't think Reed can cover TE's in routes and Barwin was just terrible this year.

I think with all these teams switching to a 3-4 defense this year someone is going to seriously overpay Barwin anyway. At least I hope so.

Mech, I want to publicly apologize for saying Schaub was a good quarterback. I learned my lesson.

Not sure if this was posted but apparently Amani Toomer decided to have at Ray Lewis:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ay-lewis-baltimore-ravens-super-bowl/1878869/

"It's definitely all about him. Once a guy goes to the center of the field, goes into the victory formation on the last play of his last home game …" Toomer told USA TODAY Sports on Wednesday in the Super Bowl XLVII Media Center, trailing off before completing that thought. " I just don't think the Giants or any organization I've ever been a part of, even growing up, would allow somebody to single themselves out like that.

"If you single yourself out after you make a play, that's one thing. But to walk out on the field reminds me of the WWE, like The Rock coming out. You're becoming a caricature of yourself. It's exhausting. I don't know why somebody would want that."

But Toomer still doesn't believe Lewis should make it all about himself and noted Lewis' pleading guilty to obstruction of justice as part of a plea agreement in regard to the double murders in Atlanta in 2000.

"If you want to say you're Mr. Religious and all of that, have a clean record. Don't say all of that stuff if you know there's stuff that might come back," Toomer said. "Those are the things that, when I look at him, I just think hypocrisy."

Toomer says what every NFLer is thinking.

So true. I cant stand having a person like Ray preach about gods will and living right and shit like that. Even if he didnt directly kill those guys he was still involved in some way. No one would plead to obstruction of justice if they didnt do anything wrong. It is sad for the families that they will never know what actually happened that night.

harSon

Banned
Lets hope Bane takes his talents to New Orleans, and blows up the Superdome's field. Only way this season can be salvaged.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Did Ray Lewis go on rants about God back in 2000? If it started after then that's okay, loads of people are called when they've been brought low and humbled. I'd even say its almost a necessary attitude to have when you're saved. If he was talking like that before 2000 then that's a bit more questionable.

Still, there's nothing about this guy that's humble unlike Tebow or Warner. When he talks about God is it about God or is it about Ray Lewis still?

SonnyBoy

I don't have an issue with his religious speakings because he's consistent with it. When they lost to the Patriots last year, he said that he believed it was God's will. He didn't shy away from his beliefs or anything. I respect his consistency.

eznark

Banned
It's the grandstanding. Reggie White was able to do the same shit and involve everyone from both sidelines. Ray Lewis uses god and religion as a step stool to garner more attention for himself. He's a sick fucking twat and I'm glad he'll be gone soon.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
It's the grandstanding. Reggie White was able to do the same shit and involve everyone from both sidelines. Ray Lewis uses god and religion as a step stool to garner more attention for himself. He's a sick fucking twat and I'm glad he'll be gone soon.

You only liked Reggie White for his views on minorities. Admit it.

Did Ray Lewis go on rants about God back in 2000? If it started after then that's okay, loads of people are called when they've been brought low and humbled. I'd even say its almost a necessary attitude to have when you're saved. If he was talking like that before 2000 then that's a bit more questionable.

Still, there's nothing about this guy that's humble unlike Tebow or Warner. When he talks about God is it about God or is it about Ray Lewis still?
Yep, this basically sums up my feelings on the issue. He seems to love the attention a bit too much, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom