• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they just call them "crawfish" in LA? I've heard Crawdad a lot in Arkansas. I think they were called Crayfish in Wisconsin because that was the first name I ever knew them by.

I'm getting trolled by Skip Bayless, he's on tv talking about how the field goal needs to be eliminated. Awful.
The correct term is mudbug.

Godslay

Banned
So Ray Lewis is Tebow?

Everyone of us has a little Tebow in them. Come back to the light Fox, embrace your savior. It's the only way the Jets will be able to return to some form of glory.

Seriously though the people around Tebow, mainly his brothers are the clowns. I fear their agenda more than Tebow himself. Tebow appears honest.

Also rip snes again. I'm not a Nintendo fanboy, but gaming side is fucking rotten with idiots right now. On all sides really. Wii U is in a post launch drought that always happens. Come back in 6 months to a year from now and reevaluate. I'm sure it won't be doom, gloom, and panic.

Bowser

So true. I cant stand having a person like Ray preach about gods will and living right and shit like that. Even if he didnt directly kill those guys he was still involved in some way. No one would plead to obstruction of justice if they didnt do anything wrong. It is sad for the families that they will never know what actually happened that night.

dexter+brother+sam.jpg

Note this won't make sense if you don't watch Dexter

I'm not a Nintendo fanboy, but gaming side is fucking rotten with idiots right now. On all sides really. Wii U is in a post launch drought that always happens. Come back in 6 months to a year from now and reevaluate. I'm sure it won't be doom, gloom, and panic.
I just don't understand why this stuff surprises people. The same thing happened with the PS3, Vita, DS, PSP, and the 3DS (and probably many more but I experienced those personally). When I buy a system at launch I know there probably won't be much available outside of the launch lineup for at least a good six months or so. I'm surprised more people haven't figured this out by now.

I just don't understand why this stuff surprises people. The same thing happened with the PS3, Vita, DS, PSP, and the 3DS (and probably many more but I experienced those personally). When I buy a system at launch I know there probably wont be much available outside of the launch lineup for at least a good six months or so. I'm surprised more people haven't figured this out by now.

The MS are doomed posts when the 360 came out where crazy. You couldnt go into any sales age thread for like the first year without reading pages of that stuff. It happens every console launch and people just never get it through their heads that you cant judge a hardware launch for years.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The first Christmas season a year after a launch is always the most telling. From August 2002 to March 2003, GameCube had 3 of my favorite games of all time when SMS, Metroid, and Wind Waker came out. Although I played a whole lot of Super Smash, Rogue Squadron, and Luigis Mansion.

Now I'm wondering what happened to the GameCube as time went on? Skies of Arcadia, ToS, and Double Dash were great but that first year and a half of GameCube was absurdly awesome!

harSon

Banned
Note this won't make sense if you don't watch Dexter

Brother Sam was such a good but useless character. Mos Def (refuse to call him by his new name) put in some good work, but the writers didn't know what the fuck to do with his character.

Godslay

Banned
I just don't understand why this stuff surprises people. The same thing happened with the PS3, Vita, DS, PSP, and the 3DS (and probably many more but I experienced those personally). When I buy a system at launch I know there probably won't be much available outside of the launch lineup for at least a good six months or so. I'm surprised more people haven't figured this out by now.

I honestly can't remember a console that had awesome software immediately post launch. This is going back to Snes/Genesis days. It always seems to trickle out, and the base expands with more software. If the software doesn't come, then it will stagnate and die. I'm not terribly worried about the Wii U, Nintendo will keep it alive and the software will come. I'd be more afraid of one of the MS/Sony boxes dying, simply because they seem to be very similar. And by dying I mean having considerably weaker sales than the other.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The MS are doomed posts when the 360 came out where crazy. You couldnt go into any sales age thread for like the first year without reading pages of that stuff. It happens every console launch and people just never get it through their heads that you cant judge a hardware launch for years.

360 had a more engaging first several months for me mostly due to Oblivion. Kameo, Ghost Recon, and Call of Duty 2 were great as well.

I have Assassins Creed 3 and Mario for Wii U and the only game I feel like I'm missing is Ninja Gaiden. It just feels like such a weak launch lineup. Not having superior graphics also makes it hard to get super excited about the Wii U right this minute.

I'm desperately waiting for a new Metroid Prime.

JABEE

I only liked Reggie White for his views on playing defense.

Reggie White also didn't kill a man. He also had a much bigger impact on the game of football and is recognized as one of the best defensive players of his era, maybe the best.

For some people, the 16-bit wars are still going.

To the Ray Lewis haters, people change. I know I have since I was in my early twenties to now. I forgot everyone here were perfect, innocent angels during their youth.

Also, who cares....if we win a Superbowl! PEDs, murders, being self righteous dont make the win disappear! Did those Spygate Superbowls suddenly come off the books? Nope, still there. I want to win, by any means necessary.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I generally find most freestyle sports to be a complete bore. Anything that gets judged or voted on kind of sucks as a sport.

I have a friend who runs a snowboard shop in Seattle, so I tend to watch the x games so we can talk about it. imo, it keeps getting worse and worse. The entirety of the slope style event was boiled down to whether or not you could land one particular trick. The snowmobile event is a poor imitation of the motorcycle event which also sucks now because of the back flip. The coverage of the events is also poor with too many over the top announcers.

I can't agree that judged sports suck because I like mma and boxing. I can agree that judging in sports suck.

see5harp

I generally find most freestyle sports to be a complete bore. Anything that gets judged or voted on kind of sucks as a sport.

Fuck gymnastics and figure skating for reals. It's fun to watch but I despise the scoring. It's completely untransparent. I am ok with boxing and mma though.

I've always said there should be a specific word for sports that are the exact same in practice as they are come game time. Golf and diving is just not in the same ballpark as things like Football and Hockey.

Golf is a much much better sport than Hockey.

Stop being stupid, that isn't the conversation. And no it's not even fucking close. What I'm saying is if Hockey is a sport, Golf is something else. There isn't in the moment decision making like there is in anything with defense. Whereas being great at golf is one step (a big step) ahead of being great at bowling. I don't have anywhere near the same level of respect for guys that practice for a living (golfers and bowlers) versus guys who actually play in games (football and hockey).

So, hanging around in the soccer thread a bit because it's the last day they can transfer players and it's kinda exciting, but goddamn they're a bunch of cunts. They go out and yell fake news, we don't pull that shit here do we?

So, hanging around in the soccer thread a bit because it's the last day they can transfer players and it's kinda exciting, but goddamn they're a bunch of cunts. They go out and yell fake news, we don't pull that shit here do we?

No. That's fucking stupid. I'm done with NFLGAF if that becomes a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom