• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
What are the OT laws like over there? 84 hours would mean quite a lot of OT income here in California - for the first 40 hours, time and half after 8 hours in a single day, double time after 12 hours in a single day. After 40 hours, everything's time and a half and if you work a 7th straight day, time and half for the first 8 hours worked, and double time after that.

Probably salaried.

JABEE

Why do people care about Dan Marino's love child? It seems kind of stupid and exploitative to report on it. Leave them alone.

cajunator

Banned
What are the OT laws like over there? 84 hours would mean quite a lot of OT income here in California - for the first 40 hours, time and half after 8 hours in a single day, double time after 12 hours in a single day. After 40 hours, everything's time and a half and if you work a 7th straight day, time and half for the first 8 hours worked, and double time after that.
Salaried. They cand bend me over the post if they want. They often do.
I get paid for extra days, like tonight at least.
What I just dealt with would definitely make jakncoke put a bullet in his head. One guy called from the loading terminal and three other drivers jumped in with their own issues. Had to sort out the mess with four guys talking at the same time.
Now you might understand how miraculous it is that I neither smoke nor drink.
I just put up with it.
Anime is the drug that helps me cope lol.

cdyhybrid

Salaried. They cand bend me over the post if they want. They often do.
I get paid for extra days, like tonight at least.
What I just dealt with would definitely make jakncoke put a bullet in his head. One guy called from the loading terminal and three other drivers jumped in with their own issues. Had to sort out the mess with four guys talking at the same time.
Now you might understand how miraculous it is that I neither smoke nor drink.
I just put up with it.
Anime is the drug that helps me cope lol.

Anime is a hell of a drug.

I would think so, it was with a CBS production assistant. Just looked up her photos, kid looks like such a little Dan with the hair.

DonnaSavattere5.jpg

So what's the story with the guy on the right? Cuckold or something?

Poor Danny boy. This stuff is bound to come out, he should have saw it coming after Arnold's bastard was unveiled to the world.

It is exploitative to talk about it, but it'll pass. I just assume celebs and athletes have satellite families all over the country.

eznark

Banned
You know the Super Bowl sucks when the "biggest" story to come out of it is a 7 year old affair by a player who has been retired for 15 years.

How this story gets more attention that Warren Sapp refusing to pay child support is beyond me.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Bring on Sunday, two weeks of no football is terrible.

I can't even listen to Super Bowl coverage anymore.

bionic77

You know the Super Bowl sucks when the "biggest" story to come out of it is a 7 year old affair by a player who has been retired for 15 years.

How this story gets more attention that Warren Sapp refusing to pay child support is beyond me.
What about the deer antlers?

eznark

Banned
It's also at least a guy who is playing now and a story that happened this year. I don't understand why the Marino story is a big deal, or why it was reported at all.

It's also at least a guy who is playing now and a story that happened this year. I don't understand why the Marino story is a big deal, or why it was reported at all.

To be honest, I don't know why they bother reporting any infidelity news. Besides the fact that it's nobody's business but his wife, is anyone surprised that a a star quarterback had a mistress?

bionic77

To be honest, I don't know why they bother reporting any infidelity news. Besides the fact that it's nobody's business but his wife, is anyone surprised that a a star quarterback had a mistress?
Besides the destruction of your family and the eventual divorce it must be pretty cool to have a report of infidelity when the chick is really hot. It is probably only embarrassing when the chick is ugly.

eznark

Banned
Besides the destruction of your family and the eventual divorce it must be pretty cool to have a report of infidelity when the chick is really hot. It is probably only embarrassing when the chick is ugly.

Except in this case it happened 7 years ago, he told his family when it happened, and everyone moved on.

bionic77

Except in this case it happened 7 years ago, he told his family when it happened, and everyone moved on.
So then it sounds like Marino spread the story to get some attention and point out the fact that he banged a really hot chick in the past.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Which is why I love Tebow. Warner is probably okay too.

The other 99% of football players I assume that with all the travel and attention that even their wives know the deal as long as they get to pretend like its not going on.

It's tragic and I'm sure many players are actually faithful but it does get ugly when illegitimate kids are produced. Or when they're dumb enough to carry on an actual relationship.

bionic77

God, I hate ESPN. Specifically Jamison Hensley and all of his bullshit Art Modell deifying.

Ugh.
Well he did stick a knife in the heart of Cleveland fans who always sold out and supported their team and were a historic franchise for the opportunity to go to Baltimore, which was unable to keep their last team.

Doesn't a guy like that deserve a little deification?

jakncoke

Banned
Breaking News: Arian Foster to have heart surgery.

His life is a Texan cycle now.

Was reading how Hakeem Olajuwon had the same thing that was brought on my drinking cold water, I was like aint that some shit. Drink some cold water then your heart decides to start trolling you.

Well he did stick a knife in the heart of Cleveland fans who always sold out and supported their team and were a historic franchise for the opportunity to go to Baltimore, which was unable to keep their last team.

Doesn't a guy like that deserve a little deification?

Well, obviously. :jnc

I don't have a problem with Ravens fans being happy about their team's success. I don't blame them for the Browns move - just their politicians and Modell.

But when Ravens fans, thanks largely to the ignorance propagated by the Baltimore media, play revisionist history and demonize Cleveland just to make themselves feel better about the slimy way they obtained their team, that pisses me off.

I doubt Modell gets in tomorrow, and God-willing, this will be the last time he's even a finalist.

Which is why I love Tebow. Warner is probably okay too.

The other 99% of football players I assume that with all the travel and attention that even their wives know the deal as long as they get to pretend like its not going on.

It's tragic and I'm sure many players are actually faithful but it does get ugly when illegitimate kids are produced. Or when they're dumb enough to carry on an actual relationship.

Warner's probably doing dirt too. Christianity is a great cover.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Was reading how Hakeem Olajuwon had the same thing that was brought on my drinking cold water, I was like aint that some shit. Drink some cold water then your heart decides to start trolling you.

I don't think being 7 feet tall is great for your heart either...all kinds of health issues with being that tall in fact.

Warner's probably doing dirt too. Christianity is a great cover.

I think Brenda Warner would eat his soul or something.

bionic77

Well, obviously. :jnc

I don't have a problem with Ravens fans being happy about their team's success. I don't blame them for the Browns move - just their politicians and Modell.

But when Ravens fans, thanks largely to the ignorance propagated by the Baltimore media, play revisionist history and demonize Cleveland just to make themselves feel better about the slimy way they obtained their team, that pisses me off.

I doubt Modell gets in tomorrow, and God-willing, this will be the last time he's even a finalist.
:lol

How do Ravens fans demonize Cleveland fans?

I used to hate the Browns (back when they were real rivals), but their fans were always legit. I mean all they have is the Browns and Indians in Ohio and Modell took that away from them.

:lol

How do Ravens fans demonize Cleveland fans?

By telling us that the Browns moved because we didn't support the team, and because the city wasn't willing to help Modell either renovate Municipal Stadium or build a new stadium. Both of which are complete lies.

Seriously, Ravens fans say shit like this constantly, especially since Art died. They can vilify Irsay and lavish praise upon Modell in the same breath. The hypocrisy is astounding.

bionic77

By telling us that the Browns moved because we didn't support the team, and because the city wasn't willing to help Modell either renovate Municipal Stadium or build a new stadium. Both of which are complete lies.

Seriously, Ravens fans say shit like this constantly, especially since Art died. The hypocrisy is astounding.
Fucking Ravens fans.

Seriously, Ravens fans say shit like this constantly, especially since Art died. They can vilify Irsay and lavish praise upon Modell in the same breath. The hypocrisy is astounding.

I have never said this, nor ever heard a Ravens fan say this. If anything, we empathize with Cleveland for losing a team.

brentech

My dad had a heart procedure. He could barely lift himself out of bed for a while without horrible chest pain due to the cracked ribs.

Wrayfield

My dad had a heart procedure. He could barely lift himself out of bed for a while without horrible chest pain due to the cracked ribs.

I don't think they'll crack his ribs for that procedure. Just go in through the thigh, happens all the time these days in small procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom