• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

I have never said this, nor ever heard a Ravens fan say this. If anything, we empathize with Cleveland for losing a team.
I believe the Brown fans.

Ravens fans just love to celebrate death and misery. The same way you glorify Ray Lewis getting away with murder and have no sympathy for his victims.

It is going to be a fucking shame when you bastards win the SB and Flacco gets the MVP.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Who to root for? Both teams are kinda exposing themselves as shitheads during the past couple weeks. Murders, rapists, homophobes, unibrows, hypocrites, murderers....

bionic77

Who to root for? Both teams are kinda exposing themselves as shitheads during the past couple weeks. Murders, rapists, homophobes, unibrows, hypocrites, murderers....
The volcano.

When in doubt always root for a volcano or whatever your natural disaster of choice is.

Personally I am praying to Tebow for a volcanic eruption that starts as soon as Ray Lewis starts doing his murder dance.

Two 49ers say they didn’t participate in “It Gets Better” video

In August, the 49ers became the first NFL team to participate in the “It Gets Better” project, which addresses online videos to gay youths to reassure them that their lives will get better in adulthood. But now two of the four players who appeared in the video say they didn’t know what they were signing on for.

San Francisco linebacker Ahmad Brooks and nose tackle Isaac Sopoaga both told USA Today that they had nothing to do with the It Gets Better project.

“I didn’t make any video,” Brooks said. “This is America and if someone wants to be gay, they can be gay. It’s their right. But I didn’t make any video.”

When Brooks was then shown the video, he said he remembered making it but it had nothing to do with gay youth.

“Oh, that. It was an anti-bullying video, not a gay [rights] video,” he said.

Sopoaga also said he didn’t have any recollection of participating in a video aimed at gay youth.

“No,” Sopoaga said. “I never went. And now someone is using my name.”

The video shows Brooks, Sopoaga, Ricky Jean-Francois and Donte Whitner encouraging young people, but only Whitner alludes to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered people. It’s possible that the other players didn’t fully understand what they were being asked to get involved in.

Dan Savage, the writer who started the It Gets Better project after a spate of suicides of gay young people who had been bullied in school, said on Twitter that he would remove the 49ers video from the It Gets Better project.

They play in San Francisco for fuck's sake

eznark

Banned
This is really starting to get out of control, the NFL really should just do away with Media Week since all it's doing is just blowing up in their face.

Most teams aren't wholly incapable of handling themselves when the spotlight is on them.

eznark

Banned
The only way you get that defensive about participating in a PSA that is aimed at helping kids cope with their sexuality is if you're in the closet, right?

ChanHuk

Banned
I don't think they'll crack his ribs for that procedure. Just go in through the thigh, happens all the time these days in small procedures.

He's getting cardiac ablation. Usually done through your groin or wrist (preferred). He's not getting full blown CABG. They're usually sent home the same day.

linkboy

Fixed that for you.

Of which the 49ers are a member of the NFL, anything they do (or say) ultimately looks bad on the NFL as a whole.

I guess the point (and question I'm asking) is this, what does a football player's stance on the LBGT community (or anything else not related to the game) have to do with a football game, which is what the Super Bowl ultimately is.

I'm not saying the 49ers and their players didn't fuck up big time (they did).

WanderingWind

Of which the 49ers are a member of the NFL, anything they do (or say) ultimately looks bad on the NFL as a whole.

I guess the point (and question I'm asking) is this, what does a football player's stance on the LBGT community (or anything else not related to the game) have to do with a football game, which is what the Super Bowl ultimately is.

...if this is how Niners fans believe, I'm leaning toward the Ravens. "So what if they're homophobic pieces of shit, they only play in San Francisco, California!"

Nah. Nah, son.

linkboy

...if this is how Niners fans believe, I'm leaning toward the Ravens. "So what if they're homophobic pieces of shit, they only play in San Francisco, California!"

Nah. Nah, son.

I'd be asking the exact same question if it was a member of the Ravens who answered that question instead of Culliver, or if it was two members of the Ravens who said they weren't in those videos, but since I'm a 49ers fan, that's how I believe (which's it's not, but you apparently like to generalize).

WanderingWind

I'd be asking the exact same question if it was a member of the Ravens who answered that question instead of Culliver, or if it was two members of the Ravens who said they weren't in those videos.

But see, they were asked. They didn't respond that way.

linkboy

But see, they were asked. They didn't respond that way.

The question I have is why is the question even relevant in the first place (Culliver was asked it by a shock jock, god help us if they start to be considered actual journalists).

To me, it's a issue that never should have been brought up (but it was and the 49ers fucked it up).

What I would like to see is Media Week actually be focused on the football game that is going to be played (like it used to be).

The only thing I want to hear from Culliver is his opinions on Smith and Boldin and some insight on how to contain them, and vice versa from Smith/Boldin regarding Culliver (obviously without spoiling gameplans), but sadly, that doesn't create headlines.

Pezking

Nah. Nah, son.

I'm first and foremost a fan of the team. If someone says something stupid, I shake my head and acknowledge that this guy is a moron, even if he's on my team.

But when it's game time, I don't care if Adolf H. Hitler jr. is our Quarterback or our linebacker is a murdering crybaby. I just want the Niners to win.

Also, media week is a recipe for embarrassment for all these filthy-rich children.

Wrayfield

He's getting cardiac ablation. Usually done through your groin or wrist (preferred). He's not getting full blown CABG. They're usually sent home the same day.

Thanks. My mom is going to get surgery in a year or so, don't ask me what she has, but she needs some work on her heart valve(s) and even for that stuff they don't crack ribs. So thankful for that!

WanderingWind

The question I have is why is the question even relevant in the first place (Culliver was asked it by a shock jock, god help us if they start to be considered actual journalists).

To me, it's a issue that never should have been brought up (but it was and the 49ers fucked it up).

What I would like to see is Media Week actually be focused on the football game that is going to be played (like it used to be).

The only thing I want to hear from Culliver is his opinions on Smith and Boldin and some insight on how to contain them, and vice versa from Smith/Boldin regarding Culliver (obviously without spoiling gameplans), but sadly, that doesn't create headlines.

Neither does just saying the right thing and not spouting off some hateful shit.

I wish the Broncos made it to the Super Bowl. I would've liked to see what kind of dirt the media can find on Peyton Manning.

Plenty of time for us to find out about his secret mistress. Look at Marino.

Only reason you're saying any of this is because it's the 49ers.

Your indignation would be much more believable if you didn't wait until the attention turned to your team.

I have never said this, nor ever heard a Ravens fan say this. If anything, we empathize with Cleveland for losing a team.

To be fair I said some stuff like that in these threads earlier in the season. But I also called Cleveland the Aushwitz of sports towns so hopefully the tounge in cheek was obvious.

Seriously, my Grandpa was from Cleveland I love the shame circle!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Tony Grossi just tweeted:

I have no doubt after talking w/ Jimmy Haslam, Browns will add new QB in free agency or trade.

BG as one of the few Browns fans residing in Cleveland how credible is he with his speculation or does he just do things for his own agenda?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Enough discussion about which team is filled with more degenerates. Let's talk about a true hero. Let's talk about the winner of the Byron "Whizzer" White award. Mr. Glass!

Steelers quarterback Charlie Batch this afternoon won the Byron "Whizzer" White Award, the highest honor the NFL Players Association bestows upon a player.

The union annually presents the award to a player who is as dedicated off the field as he is on. It is named after the former Supreme Court Justice, who played for the Steelers in 1938.

Tony Grossi just tweeted:

BG as one of the few Browns fans residing in Cleveland how credible is he with his speculation or does he just do things for his own agenda?
I don't live in Cleveland, and it's credible pretty sure he just talked to him or Somthing, Mary Kay tweeted too with quotes. I think she wrote a story just now

Found it

@treedPD: RT @MaryKayCabot: #Browns owner Jimmy Haslam says there will be a quarterback competition t.co/Ptpv4Zbs

"I think Norv and Chud have been very open that they like a lot of what Brandon (Weeden) does, but we're going to have competition at that position, and I think competition makes us all better and we'll see where that competition comes from''

"The coaches and Mike (Lombardi) and Joe (Banner) and our entire team are looking over the current crop of free agents, and they're studying and we have a pretty good feel for what our needs are,'' Haslam said.

"I don't think you'll see us making any big splashy, high-priced moves because I think we've said all along we're going to build through the draft.''

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I don't live in Cleveland, and it's credible pretty sure he just talked to him or Somthing, Mary Kay tweeted too with quotes. I think she wrote a story just now

Found it

So you're saying that you're a big PHONEY!

Either way I'm sure we all saw this coming, so then no real surprise.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Almost think that Cleveland needs to deal Weeden out. I'd get sick at the phrase "QB competition" if I was a Cleveland fan after hearing it year in and year out.

brentech

I live about 45 min south of Cleveland. I haven't heard anything about a trade or free agent pick up on local sports radio. I have heard that they aren't just proclaiming Weeden the starter, though.

Almost think that Cleveland needs to deal Weeden out. I'd get sick at the phrase "QB competition" if I was a Cleveland fan after hearing it year in and year out.

What could they get for him? He was terrible last year. At least they are compounding their mistake by making him the starter next year.

Wouldn't be the Browns without a Qb controversy, wouldn't feel right
What could they get for him? He was terrible last year. At least they are compounding their mistake by making him the starter next year.
It was that fat walruses mistake.

It was that fat walruses mistake.

Absolutely. I cant believe the owner didnt step in and say no. That was clearly a pick to try and save his job rather then help they team. They could have gotten a really good player at that spot and then taken a QB later, hell even Weeden would have been there in the 2nd when they picked.

jakncoke

Banned
Companies around here are straight up bitches. Just because I got a misdemeanor for a school fight doesnt make me some uber criminal. If i was 17 like the kid was I would of gotten a school fight fine of 100 dollars. Fuck society, Burn to the ground /rant

ray-lewis-draft1.jpg

Damn, this makes 1995 look like a million years ago. Ray is awesome.

I've posted this before, but, damn it makes me happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom