• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rap music sucks dick

No offense

Very little rap on this list:

"Balitmore" by Randy Newman
"Baltimore" by Lyle Lovett
"Baltimore" by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
"Baltimore" by Nina Simone
"Streets of Baltimore" by Gram Parsons
"Raining in Baltimore" by Counting Crows
"Woah Now" by B Rich
"Baltimore" by The Drifters
"Dinah Moe Humm" by Frank Zappa (qualifies because he's from Baltimore)
"Dance my Pain Away" by Wye Oak
"Baltimore" by The Extra Glenns
"Baltimore Clap" by Benga

and lastly "Standing Outside a Broken Phonebooth" by Primitive Radio Gods, who actually have the lyric "...plane takes off from Baltimore and touches down on Bourbon Street"

How prophetic.

I'll give you props for Zappa and nothing more! Counting crows are actually from the San Fran area

Now look at sf bands: dead Kennedy's, journey, FNM, Huey Lewis, and so on!

cajunator

Banned

"Woah Now" by B Rich

and lastly "Standing Outside a Broken Phonebooth" by Primitive Radio Gods, who actually have the lyric "...plane takes off from Baltimore and touches down on Bourbon Street"

How prophetic.
That song is fucking awesome.
Also I was gonna make that lyrics joke before on my tablet at work but I think I got a phonecall or something and got sidetracked.

Dude Abides

Banned

"Woah Now" by B Rich

How prophetic.

Where's Hairspray?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Are they really? They have one song that I've always really loved, "Colorblind".

They are. I can sing pretty much all of their August and Everything after (the technically unreleased song and album), Discovering the Satellites, This Desert Life and Hard Candy from memory.

They kinda fell the hell off after that, but hey, nobody is awesome forever.

They are. I can sing pretty much all of their August and Everything after (the technically unreleased song and album), Discovering the Satellites, This Desert Life and Hard Candy from memory.

They kinda fell the hell off after that, but hey, nobody is awesome forever.

I'd have to look up which album colorblind is on as I heard it first in the movie Cruel Intentions. That film had some great songs on it's soundtrack between CC's Colorblind, Bittersweet Symphony by the Verve, and especially, Every You Every Me by Placebo.

WanderingWind

I'd have to look up which album colorblind is on as I heard it first in the movie Cruel Intentions. That film had some great songs on it's soundtrack between CC's Colorblind, Bittersweet Symphony by the Verve, and especially, Every You Every Me by Placebo.

This Desert Life. It was the lead single because of that movie, in fact.

I was serious with the first part of my SB question, brah. Curious if you're doing anything special for it.

Oh I missed it.

Nothing out of the ordinary! Just watching the game with my boys as we always do. Not interested in having some big party with a bunch of talking heads who have no real interest in the game

squicken

49ers scared of Rams

“He’s good now, and he has a chance to be a top quarterback,” 49ers defensive lineman Justin Smith said. “Put some more (talent) around him, and watch out.”

I asked one key member of the 49ers’ front office about Bradford. He didn’t want his name used. But this was his opinion: “That team needs an elite receiver. If they get it, Bradford will become what most of us thought he’d become.” He added: “Believe me, I hope they don’t get that (receiver.)”

I just spoke to Rams GM Les Snead. The Rams’ football leadership has been meeting to review the roster and plan offseason strategy. What do the Rams need?

“Weapons,” Snead said.

not sure how they will find any, but it's nice to want things

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Oh I missed it.

Nothing out of the ordinary! Just watching the game with my boys as we always do. Not interested in having some big party with a bunch of talking heads who have no real interest in the game

"Hey it's a commercial, turn it up!!! Ahahahah! Okay the game is back, you can mute it"

Ugh.

WanderingWind

Mrs Potters Lullaby is really good.
Also Hanginaround is really fun.

Indeed. Goodnight Elizabeth, Round Here, Mr Jones, Kid Things, This Desert Life, Walkabout, Omaha...I love almost every song of those first 3 albums and a ton of the stuff they did off the records.

Oh I missed it.

Oh yeah, I always turn down watching the game with people that don't care. Always plenty of SB parties thrown by people that don't give a shit. They always act like I'm an elitist for preferring to watch it with 2-3 friends that are actual football fans instead. I promised myself if we ever make it back to the SB, I'm going in person no matter how much it costs.

JCizzle

ual0nC5.jpg

I hope Willis takes a dump on him!

cajunator

Banned
I respect Ray as a player. Dude fucking brung it in every game.
Wish we had someone who belonged on the same field competitively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom