• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Art Modell one of the first 5 eliminated.
Also just had some of the nastiest pizzas I've had ever from papa johns, I want to fight someone

@kentsomers Five eliminated in HoF balloting: Modell, DeBartolo, Green, Brown, Shields.

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold
Hall of fame final 10: Allen, Bettis, carter, Haley, Ogden, parcels, reed, sapp, strahan, williams -- will be cut to 5.

Ogden, Parcells, Sapp, Strahan, Haley or Bettis.

Ogden is a lock with Baltimore in the Super Bowl.

squicken

I figured Strahan, Bettis, and Parcells were locks. Think Allen gets in b/c of Cowboys (he's not better than Shields but sorry Will you played in KC)

squicken

Kevin Greene 160 sacks will never get him in i guess.

I wouldn't put Haley in either. Both of those guys needed to be on good teams with stout run defenders so they could turn it loose, often, on third down. A Hall of Fame player needs to be able to excel for all 32 teams

jakncoke

Banned
I wouldn't put Haley in either. Both of those guys needed to be on good teams with stout run defenders so they could turn it loose, often, on third down. A Hall of Fame player needs to be able to excel for all 32 teams

Thats not how the HOF works irl

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Reed deserves it, but will never get in I fear.
Strahan got his record because of a fraud, other than that I really don't see how he deserves HoF consideration. He was really good, but one of the greatest? I just don't see how.
Carter has deserved it since the day he was eligible. Period.
Parcells - anybody arguing against this pick is new to football
Allen, Ogden and Sapp are worthy picks for sure.
Don't know enough about Williams to really make an educated pick.

In a perfect world, Reed, Carter, Parcells, Allen and Ogden. Make Sapp wait it out a couple years for being a dumbass.

squicken

Reed deserves it, but will never get in I fear.
Strahan got his record because of a fraud, other than that I really don't see how he deserves HoF consideration. He was really good, but one of the greatest? I just don't see how.
Carter has deserved it since the day he was eligible. Period.
Parcells - anybody arguing against this pick is new to football
Allen, Ogden and Sapp are worthy picks for sure.
Don't know enough about Williams to really make an educated pick.

In a perfect world, Reed, Carter, Parcells, Allen and Ogden. Make Sapp wait it out a couple years for being a dumbass.

This isn't just a fan issue. No one watched KC and STL/AZ play to see what Shields and Williams were doing. I also have Reed as the best of those 3 WRs. I don't like the idea of non-players going in over players unless they are so extraordinary that you have to put them in. So idk about Parcells

Fox318

I would be fine with if Joe Namth was out if Parcells could live the rest of his life outside of the hall of fame and in complete shame.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
This isn't just a fan issue. No one watched KC and STL/AZ play to see what Shields and Williams were doing. I also have Reed as the best of those 3 WRs. I don't like the idea of non-players going in over players unless they are so extraordinary that you have to put them in. So idk about Parcells

Reed is my boy. I had his rookie card, once upon a time. A treasured possession. But, Carter was still the better WR and worked with substantially less talent around him. That doesn't mean they don't both deserve it, though, because they absolutely do and both have waited long enough.

And Parcells coached against Buffalo in one of the many, many embarrassing Super Bowls we had. I hate the man. But his impact on the game is undeniable. I could be okay making him wait out of pure hatred, but he rates the spot.

This is like complaining you caught the clap from a whore, you get what you pay for!

Why would anyone get pizza from Papa John's? Even Dominoes is better than Papa John's.
Noooo! Someone must pay! Even if I'm the one that must be punished!
karma-revenge-gifs-51.gif
And I used that Vote50 half off code, so I figured why not?

cajunator

Banned
I think Ill just get some greek food again. Its become some of my favorite food.
Especially since the restaurant is right down the street.
My roommates came in with a bunch of greek food and I can smell it from my room.

JABEE

The likelihood of Favre not getting in is about equal to the likelihood the Eagles win the Super Bowl next year.
I appreciate you qualifying that remark with next year. It gives me hope for the future when Pats fans believe there is hope past 2013.

Strahan and Favre should get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom