• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

I have seen about 100 variations of this:

I don't like Warren Sapp but he deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.

Does anyone like him?

Like I said Bro if you want to take it upon yourself to compare Morgan to Lewis go right ahead but if you only analyze one guy under a microscope and not the other then it is a BS argument. If you don't agree with that then please continue with the Ray Lewis agenda.

I can't look at Lewis' stats in and of themselves without it being a BS argument? One I might add that's been made as a charge against lewis for years? Okay dude, whatever you say.

mr2xxx

Banned
I can't look at Lewis' stats in and of themselves without it being a BS argument? One I might add that's been made as a charge against lewis for years? Okay dude, whatever you say.

I'm not saying that Lewis's stats aren't exaggerated, just that plenty of LBers get freebie stats like our own Fletcher. In our stadium dude gets tons of assist tackles while others he doesn't, our guys are just generous with asst. tackles and our players benefit. Thats just the way it is in the NFL, its not JUST because of Ray being Ray. It's like fans thinking that the refs are always out to get their particular team when in reality refs fuck up for everyone.

I'm not saying that Lewis's stats aren't exaggerated, just that plenty of LBers get freebie stats like our own Fletcher. In our stadium dude gets tons of assist tackles while others he doesn't, our guys are just generous with asst. tackles and our players benefit. Thats just the way it is in the NFL, its not JUST because of Ray being Ray. It's like fans thinking that the refs are always out to get their particular team when in reality refs fuck up for everyone.

I never said any of that. In fact I agreed with you when you said it happens all over.

What i've been saying is that it happened in excess with Ray for years. The last five "hall of fame" years have been rampant with it. London Fletcher doesn't come in the top 20 of the 100 players list in 2012.

Ray Lewis is a liability in coverage.

img21619508.jpg

img21619509.jpg

I'm not saying anything controversial here. The article I posted also had yards gained per tackle, which surprise, has been poor.

It's pretty amusing to see Baltimore fans whining on message boards about Modell not getting in.

Stop pretending like Modell was a good guy just because you feel guilty about how you got your team.

And you're in the fucking Super Bowl, so you have nothing to whine about.

Rorschach

Wilson would only have been robbed if Luck had somehow won. Otherwise, it was a tough race between RG3 and Wilson. Luck shouldn't have even been in the discussion.

Why not? Shitty team with a new staff, an interim head coach, and he took them to the playoffs. He didn't have Seattle or Washington's run game and he made his share of comebacks. Yeah, he turned the ball over, but he had 1200 more yards than Wilson. I don't think he should have won, but not even be in discussion? Why?

Tamanon

Banned
Why not? Shitty team with a new staff, an interim head coach, and he took them to the playoffs. He didn't have Seattle or Washington's run game and he made his share of comebacks. Yeah, he turned the ball over, but he had 1200 more yards than Wilson. I don't think he should have won, but not even be in discussion? Why?

Eh, most of his comebacks were also built around his horrible early games. I don't see anything too special about the way he played personally. RG3 and Wilson you had to game plan for, Luck was just a regular QB who occasionally ran and had a propensity to just chuck the ball up.

Also, I don't think the Colts were as shitty a team as some folks do.

squicken

Arians Coach of the Year

Yeah and there's something to be said for volume. Wilson was last in attempts for 16 game starters. Luck was the offense in Indy

@Tamanon Indy played the easiest schedule in the league, and lots of Luck's comebacks were vs bad teams. But, they still had the worst defense in football vs that easy schedule, and will be trying to upgrade 4 offensive line positions. SEA started 4 guys all 16 games at OL, WAS all 5, and both had multiple Pro Bowlers on the OL

mr2xxx

Banned
I never said any of that. In fact I agreed with you when you said it happens all over.

What i've been saying is that it happened in excess with Ray for years. The last five "hall of fame" years have been rampant with it. London Fletcher doesn't come in the top 10 of the 100 players list in 2012.

Ray Lewis is a liability in coverage.

img21619508.jpg

img21619509.jpg

I'm not saying anything controversial here. The article I posted also had yards gained per tackle, which surprise, has been poor.

The only issue I have is the methodology being used by Prisco which is BS since its one sided. Its great that Ray gave up so and so yards but the issue is what is average for an ILB? You can't say he gave up 6 yds a play and not put that in some type of context to at least let the viewer know how bad or good that is. You can't bitch about Ray Lewis tackles without comparing it other players to see if he is getting preferred treatment or if that is just the NFL. Dude arguments is weak.

I agree Ray has been living off his name for awhile since his speed has slowed down tremendously though, he is still decent but far from elite player he once was.

mr2xxx

Banned
Arians Coach of the Year

Yeah and there's something to be said for volume. Wilson was last in attempts for 16 game starters. Luck was the offense in Indy

Luck had Wayne and Wilson/RG3 didn't even have a guy who got close 1k yards. Can't blame RG3 and Wilson for expanding the offense and making it more efficient.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Eh, most of his comebacks were also built around his horrible early games. I don't see anything too special about the way he played personally. RG3 and Wilson you had to game plan for, Luck was just a regular QB who occasionally ran and had a propensity to just chuck the ball up.

Also, I don't think the Colts were as shitty a team as some folks do.

He made Arians coach of the year. Andrew Luck is a fucking miracle worker.

cajunator

Banned
Sure it'd look awesome, but how awesome would it be knowing the lion was killed just cause we can to sell that product of it and the meat wasted?

Who says I wouldnt try to eat the meat too?
But really, the thing is already dead. May as well make use of it.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Luck had Wayne and Wilson/RG3 didn't even have a guy who got close 1k yards. Can't blame RG3 and Wilson for expanding the offense and making it more efficient.

Morris and Lynch were both over 1000 yards. In fact, they were #2 and #3 in the league in rushing yardage. If you don't think that matters, then you're going on my ignore list.

jakncoke

Banned
Who says I wouldnt try to eat the meat too?
But really, the thing is already dead. May as well make use of it.

Well in my thinking you wouldnt even have a choice, Im sure they killed the lion processed it and let the meat rot, then processed it more to sell to someone to sell to you. Maybe they gave the meat to some hungry tribe or maybe I guess something ate it. Either way senseless killing for a stupid rug lol

Narag

I guess Lynch and Morris had nothing to do with that efficiency!

Shanahan will have them broken down and out of the league in a couple years like he did his QB this year.

(RGIII deserved ROY but not for the arguments usually presented in here. lol)

It's the "Is Ben Roethlisberger an Elite QB?" argument.

cajunator

Banned
Well in my thinking you wouldnt even have a choice, Im sure they killed the lion processed it and let the meat rot, then processed it more to sell to someone to sell to you. Maybe they gave the meat to some hungry tribe or maybe I guess something ate it. Either way senseless killing for a stupid rug lol

The simple truth is we don't know what happened to the rest of the lion. you can assume it was wasted but it may very well have been entirely used for food and other things. Like when we kill gators, the meat is sold to restaurants and the skin is sold in various items.
Thats a lot of valuable meat and product that would be wasted if they just used the skin.

anyway, football needs to start so we can stop talking about the ethics of killing a fucking animal.

Spinluck

Shanahan will have them broken down and out of the league in a couple years like he did his QB this year.

(RGIII deserved ROY but not for the arguments usually presented in here. lol)

I don't mind RG3 winning it.

Both He and Wilson played better than Luck this year.

It's just his bullshit about Luck having Wayne, as if he's implying Wilson and RG3 had less to work with lol.

We were an awful team this year, our record is fraudulent. Outside of Wayne, we just had developing talent. We had young make or break WRs(liked our TEs though), an ok RB who couldn't pass block or catch at times(inconsistent running game), shit shit diarrhea O-line, same shit defense, and a bottleneck Coach. No one deserves more credit for those wins than Luck, and the guys that dropped his 10 would be INTs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom