• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
I have seen about 100 variations of this:

I don't like Warren Sapp but he deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.

Does anyone like him?

He's my all time favorite player. When he was at Miami he was unstoppable. And then if course he had a number if years in the NFL where he was clearly the top D tackle on the planet. He'll never say he was the best player on those Bucs teams (probably Brooks or even Rice) but for me he was brilliant in all aspects of the sport.

jakncoke

Banned
premature_medium.gif

Narag

I don't mind RG3 winning it.

Both He and Wilson played better than Luck this year.

It's just his bullshit about Luck having Wayne, as if he's implying Wilson and RG3 had less to work with lol.

We were an awful team this year, our record is fraudulent. Outside of Wayne, we just had developing talent. We had young make or break WRs(liked our TEs though), an ok RB who couldn't pass block or catch at times(inconsistent running game), shit shit diarrhea O-line, same shit defense, and a bottleneck Coach. No one deserves more credit for those wins than Luck, and the guys that dropped his 10 would be INTs.

To be fair, Luck did look better than he was thanks to Wayne's ability to haul shit in and, as you said, all those dropped INTs helped. It's just a bullshit argument that's bandied about that he was "surrounded" by HoF talent much like Wilson's play was discredited due to inheriting a playoff ready team. I'm just surprised the hyperbole didn't reach outright dishonest levels.

He's my all time favorite player. When he was at Miami he was unstoppable. And then if course he had a number if years in the NFL where he was clearly the top D tackle on the planet. He'll never say he was the best player on those Bucs teams (probably Brooks or even Rice) but for me he was brilliant in all aspects of the sport.

Yeah, doesn't really matter if anyone likes him. Dude was dominant in the NFL. If Sapp didn't get in on the first ballot, no one should,

GQman2121

Banned
To be fair the way he fucked Cleveland was pretty legendary. If being an all time douchebag counts for something he should get in.

I cleaned carpets when I was in school part time about 12 years ago. Once I cleaned an enormous area rug at Modell's estate here in Maryland. He had a full staff of all black help in uniforms and everything. It was like going back in time.

squicken

Oh he might be the best pass rushing interior defensive linemen ever. No problem with him in HoF. Just seems to not have any admirers as a person, which doesn't matter, but seems curious. Usually players have at least one media suck up in their corner

I cleaned carpets when I was in school part time about 12 years ago. Once I cleaned an enormous area rug at Modell's estate here in Maryland. He had a full staff of all black help in uniforms and everything. It was like going back in time.

hahaha that is awesome. So glad he's not in HoF

Oh he might be the best pass rushing interior defensive linemen ever. No problem with him in HoF. Just seems to not have any admirers as a person, which doesn't matter, but seems curious. Usually players have at least one media suck up in their corner

Sapp doesn't kiss players asses as an analyst though. He's probably more hated now by NFLers than he ever was on the football field.

It's his best quality.

Spinluck

To be fair, Luck did look better than he was thanks to Wayne's ability to haul shit in and, as you said, all those dropped INTs helped. It's just a bullshit argument that's bandied about that he was "surrounded" by HoF talent much like Wilson's play was discredited due to inheriting a playoff ready team. I'm just surprised the hyperbole didn't reach outright dishonest levels.

Yeah I'm fully aware Wayne has bailed Luck out a ton. Lol.

And yup, it's pretty much bullshit.

Kiryu

RGIII is expected to win OROY but Russell Wilson is most deserving one to win it.

No one saw Russell Wilson doing better than Andrew Luck (whole season) and beat RGIII with TD passes. Russell Wilson is best third round draft of all the time for QB 3rd round pick. He holds the title "Best Midget QB".

RGIII, Enjoy your meaningless OROY because you got your hype and East Coast Bias Media to win it for you. Russell Wilson is going to be first QB out of 2012 QB class to win Lombardi Trophy.

Godslay

Banned
After watching the Texans late in the season, I think JJ Watt should have been in the discussion. That whole team collapsed around him.

Their defense was garbage at the end of year. JJ Watt was awesome and deserved dpoy, but not even close for MVP. It's pretty much a QB or outstanding offensive player award imo.

GQman2121

Banned
Steady snow falling here in Baltimore right now. Not a ton, but its laying and staying. Has to be a good omen. Don't agree? Go fuck yourself.

squicken

After watching the Texans late in the season, I think JJ Watt should have been in the discussion. That whole team collapsed around him.

Think of it this way: would the Vikings have sat out Peterson if it meant they could have had a healthy Ponder vs GB? QB is soooo much more important than any other position. It's almost absurd that it has ever gone to anyone other than a QB

Their defense was garbage at the end of year. JJ Watt was awesome and deserved dpoy, but not even close for MVP. It's pretty much a QB or outstanding offensive player award imo.

It is, and Watt would never have won it, but he's the only reason anyone was talking about that defense late in the year.

Think of it this way: would the Vikings have sat out Peterson if it meant they could have had a healthy Ponder vs GB? QB is soooo much more important than any other position. It's almost absurd that it has ever gone to anyone other than a QB

Can't say I subscribe to that. The Vikings don't sniff the playoffs without AP - Tebow and Prater got the Broncos there last year.

Narag

I like to thiink if Cushing had stayed healthy, Watt would have put up even higher numbers and forced the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom