• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

627164e46da011e2a96424iugz.jpg

Brent and Rodgers will be onstage together

for the new page

GQman2121

Banned
Hardly recognize Brent. He doesn't look bad, just different. What does he do now days? He was terrible on color when I heard him.

Agreed. :(

Two of Seahawks Rookie Players don't even win any award but I know they are better than ones who won it. I don't remember when Seahawks player won a "award".

the last seahawk player to win an award was richard sherman "getting away with using a banned performance enhancing drug on a technicality" award

Godslay

Banned
Can't say I subscribe to that. The Vikings don't sniff the playoffs without AP - Tebow and Prater got the Broncos there last year.

QBs touch the ball pretty much every down. The offense typically runs through them. It's always going to be stilted towards them winning MVP. The other positions are too dependent on the QB imo.

I like to thiink if Cushing had stayed healthy, Watt would have put up even higher numbers and forced the discussion.

Sure, the more work it takes to contain someone else, frees up JJ. I'd buy into that.

Brent looks old and fat, barely recognized him.

jakncoke

Banned
Other QB drafted in the 3rd round in history

Matt Schaub 3-90 2004
Brian Griese 3-91 1998
Neil O'Donnel 3-70 1990
Chris Chandler 3-76 1988
Jay Schroeder 3-68 1984
Joe Montana 3-82 1979
Danny White 3-53 1974
Joe Ferguson 3-57 1973
Dan Fouts 3-64 1973
Lynn Dickey 3-56 1971
Ken Anderson 3-67 1971
Fran Tarkenton 3-29 1961

QBs touch the ball pretty much every down. The offense typically runs through them. It's always going to be stilted towards them winning MVP. The other positions are too dependent on the QB imo.

I'm fine with that, but I mean, if a 2000 yard season can't win a Running Back MVP there's no point ever giving it to any other position. May as well rename it MVQ.

Spinluck

Poor Rodgers, admiring PeyPey's height. I see right through that smile.

Then you aren't a Ray Lewis hater. You are a respectable fan who recognizes both greatness and the infallibility of the US Justice System.

That and
my family are huge U fans.

Anyway, Awww tanks man.

What the fuck does a player have to do to get MVP over a quarterback?

1. Suck a dick.

2. Be White.

3. Become a QB.

4. Not be any position besides an NFL QB.

Other QB drafted in the 3rd round in history

Matt Schaub 3-90 2004
Brian Griese 3-91 1998
Neil O'Donnel 3-70 1990
Chris Chandler 3-76 1988
Jay Schroeder 3-68 1984
Joe Montana 3-82 1979
Danny White 3-53 1974
Joe Ferguson 3-57 1973
Dan Fouts 3-64 1973
Lynn Dickey 3-56 1971
Ken Anderson 3-67 1971
Fran Tarkenton 3-29 1961

This is a testament to how much more refined quarterback analysis has become.

Godslay

Banned
I'm fine with that, but I mean, if a 2000 yard season can't win a Running Back MVP there's no point ever giving it to any other position. May as well rename it MVQ.

I agree for the most part we've had a string of QBs, but we have had some RBs mixed in. I agree with the 2000 yard argument. TD won MVP in his 2k season. I wonder if we will see a co MVP?

Troll

Banned
I agree for the most part we've had a string of QBs, but we have had some RBs mixed in. I agree with the 2000 yard argument. TD won MVP in his 2k season. I wonder if we will see a co MVP?

I was thinking the same thing, but I want Peyton to get his by himself. Sorry Adrian.

Kiryu

the last seahawk player to win an award was richard sherman "getting away with using a banned performance enhancing drug on a technicality" award
Nice one. However there is many CBs that use same banned performance in NFL like RS. Sherman comes from Stanford and he's smarter than the label "Dirty Talker". You know?

I would take the award for Richard Sherman as "Best Dirty Talker" and Brandon Browner to win as "Best Dirty Player". Look at poor Greg Jenning, and Pierce Garcon.

eznark

Banned
If you were a slug, you would be melted into the concrete.

If someone can be salty over hyped to death human "interest" stories instead of just bored and annoyed with the tedium then yes I am the Sultan of Sodium.

Looking forward to the game though.

JCizzle

Nice one. However there is many CBs that use same banned performance in NFL like RS. Sherman comes from Stanford and he's smarter than the label "Dirty Talker". You know?

I would take the award for Richard Sherman as "Best Dirty Talker" and Brandon Browner to win as "Best Dirty Player". Look at poor Greg Jenning, and Pierce Garcon.

Cheatin Pete corrupts even smart men with his sleaze.

Most likely the same ones RG3 will use next year.

I fucking hope so. I'll rub deer antler spray on his balls myself if I have to. C'mon, you don't tell me that the fact that a guy (Ray Lewis) can use a substance that can help him heal from a normally 10 month injury in 10 weeks is fucking AWESOME!?! If there was some sort of gorilla ejaculate that could have healed Bo Jackson's hip and made him back into what he once was, you're telling me you wouldn't have wanted to see it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom