• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, Tyler was playing so well until that fumble.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Good game PackersGAF.

I know it's only preseason, but I'm still excited that our young players like Ingram did well.

Ingram looks like he is going to be a beast. Congrats!

Godslay

Banned
Had to pause the game, but damn good TD by Osweiler. His arm looks very strong like reported. Hanie looks like he is on the bubble unless Fox wants someone with more experience as the backup.

bionic77

The main reason I tuned into the preseason game was to see how the new players on defense and offense looked. Hard to know what to say about the defense because the Eagles first unit was putrid all around but our rooks on the line have a looooooong way to go. A little nervous, these guys have a long way to go before the regular season starts. Dumervil is going to feast on Ben's ass if they don't get their ass together.

What a game. Eagles D looked much better, their tackling was much improved and they got crazy pressure no matter who they put in.

The biggest news of the night was that there was a team dumb enough to take AI from the 6ers. Holy shit is is fucking garbage. I cant believe they got 2 good players back for him. This has to be the worst trade any number of teams has ever made. The Nuggets GM should be shot.

squicken

What a game. Eagles D looked much better, their tackling was much improved and they got crazy pressure no matter who they put in.

The biggest news of the night was that there was a team dumb enough to take AI from the 6ers. Holy shit is is fucking garbage. I cant believe they got 2 good players back for him. This has to be the worst trade any number of teams has ever made. The Nuggets GM should be shot.

You mean the Magic, right? Everyone made out great besides Orlando

Brief thoughts. Our secondary looks legit. Tackling clearly was an emphasis (Burnett still hasn't gotten the memo though). Hope that House isn't seriously injured, a lot of the young guys back there looked great. Gave up some plays but I put the blame on the lack of pass rush. Walden and So Oto brought some fire against the scrubs but besides that, nothing. Perry looked stout and steady, probably not greatest adjectives for a 34 olb but could be worse. The Invisible Raji was still in full effect.

Fat Mike on Bishop:

- "Desmond’s injury didn’t look very good. Hopefully we’ll get some good news but it’s up in the air".
- "Knee sprain, potentially hamstring".

I'm just going to assume out for the year. Anything else will be a nice surprise.

Godslay

Banned
1.PFM
2. Osweiler
3. Weber
4. Hanie

Yep. That's how I had it in the write up. At the beginning of camp I thought Weber would give Hanie the hardest time. I didn't like the Osweiler pick, but he changed my mind pretty fast with his attitude and the way he has played in camp. He's clearly better than both Weber and Hanie at this point.

I take it you listen to 104.3? That's the first place I heard PFM.

jakncoke

Banned
How was the game steelers-age

who the fuck is jarrod johnson?

edit: damn david johnson is out for the season? eh minimal loss really but still

You mean the Magic, right? Everyone made out great besides Orlando

No I meant the Nuggets. They got the worst player in the trade. I said last year I was not a big 6ers fan because AI was on the team. He is so bad, he acts like a star, he forces up 3s at the buzzer, he insists on shooting from the outside. The 6ers could have got nothing back and I would be jumping for joy.

Yankeehater you thought the Eagles played well? Not that preseason means anything but what game were you watching?

I never said the team played well. The offense looked really bad their 2 drives, but the D did exactly what they wanted to. They forced the Steelers into 3rd and long all game, and got pressure even with their top 2 DEs out of the game. They tackled much better and looked really good against the run outside of 2 3rd and long draws. If the Eagles D plays even close to like this they will be in great shape this year.

Broncos looked good today. I'm looking forward to seeing how we do against the 49ers defense in two weeks.

Hopefully they push Hanie down the chart after this game.

bionic77

How was the game steelers-age

who the fuck is jarrod johnson?

edit: damn david johnson is out for the season? eh minimal loss really but still
Only thing I wanted to see was the Eagles offense versus our youngish defense and our new oline. New online shit the bed. Adams whiffed real bad on the first series. Defense looked good against their starters but I feel that was more the Eagles sucking than anything else.

Godslay

Banned
No I meant the Nuggets. They got the worst player in the trade. I said last year I was not a big 6ers fan because AI was on the team. He is so bad, he acts like a star, he forces up 3s at the buzzer, he insists on shooting from the outside. The 6ers could have got nothing back and I would be jumping for joy.

I'm not sold on AI, but the salary dump for Denver is nice. Adding Dwight to your competition is stupid imo.

Karl will line out AI on any bullshit. If he was able to contain J.R. Smith from jacking up shots, AI shouldn't be a problem.

squicken

r.

They dump $40m in future salaries in exchange for AI. Granted, it's pointless since they helped create an unbeatable Lakers team. But they come out better than they were

Freeing up salary only helps if you do something with it. Next year if the Nuggets can lure some FAs then that will make the trade a lot better, but the NBA is so crazy with players only wanting to play for 4 teams I am not sure they can.

Godslay

Banned
Freeing up salary only helps if you do something with it. Next year if the Nuggets can lure some FAs then that will make the trade a lot better, but the NBA is so crazy with players only wanting to play for 4 teams I am not sure they can.

They are one star away from making a good run at it. Best depth in the league. AI helps, but still need that one guy imo. Salary will help with that assuming we can get them to Denver.

Turnstile

Yep. That's how I had it in the write up. At the beginning of camp I thought Weber would give Hanie the hardest time. I didn't like the Osweiler pick, but he changed my mind pretty fast with his attitude and the way he has played in camp. He's clearly better than both Weber and Hanie at this point.

I take it you listen to 104.3? That's the first place I heard PFM.

I guess that is where I picked it up..

K-19

Banned
Hey guys, I dreamed I was a motherfucking football coach!!! I was like a real american guy, I was the Pats motherfucking coach. IT WAS AWESOME!!

Let me raise this question: Do you prefer to be the badass QB with a lot of chick in your bed or a badass epic coach?

jakncoke

Banned
Hey guys, I dreamed I was a motherfucking football coach!!! I was like a real american guy, I was the Pats motherfucking coach. IT WAS AWESOME!!

Let me raise this question: Do you prefer to be the badass QB with a lot of chick in your bed or a badass epic coach?

But then you woke up and realized you were just a French man

jakncoke

Banned
Wouldnt want to deal with prima donnas and coaches do more work. qb with lots of chocha around me

edit; loll chad johnson didnt get no booty last year because he sucked.

Top Bottom