• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

squicken

Except I am old enough to have seen Empire in the theaters and I was very disappointed by RotJ when I saw it in theaters. RotJ isnt even cin the same class as TDKR. Lucas is a fucking hack who will never be 1/100th of the director or man that Nolan is.

Lucas stuff I agree with as far as hack. Don't know anything about either guy off screen.

Not in the same class as a film? Come on. How much iconic cinema is in that?

edit: Damn you guys really like Batman more than me. I guess I was never going to be on board with it when I didn't think Begins was all that great

Mindlog

If you aren't old enough to have seen RotJ in theaters, then I can see this point
Old enough to own RotJ on VHS and think it was the weakest movie of the original trilogy (throne room perfection aside.)

Where does that put us?

Also: Now accepting trade offers for Dan Orlovsky.

Rorschach

TDK was aiight. I don't know why the backlash was so big.

Bourne Legacy was fucking boring. Want my money back. Almost ended up not watching it, but I flipped a coin and it ended up Bourne. :(

It's funny people bring up Return Of The Jedi when talking about good 3rd movies.

Because in The Dark Knight Rises one of my biggest gripes about the movie is that
Bane doesn't kill Batman rather places him in a "easily escapable situation involving an overly elaborate and exotic death" (Dr. Evil)
whereas in Return of the Jedi
once Luke surrenders it's either "convert or die". There's no stupid bullshit scenario where Luke is unmonitored to escape.

Fucking garbage, schoolhouse writing. Fuck you Goyer, fuck you Nolan.

You threatened to become a Bears fan if we let him go!
Did I? :jnc

Chickens say the craziest things!

Lucas stuff I agree with as far as hack. Don't know anything about either guy off screen.

Not in the same class as a film? Come on. How much iconic cinema is in that?

I really think you are confusing A New Hope and Empire with RotJ. RotJ was not a good movie in any sense. The ewoks are terrible, Boba Fett dies such a stupid and pointless death. Lucas randomly decides that Luke and Leia are brother and sister after hyping them up romanticaly before that. A group of fuzzy little bears takes about a huge contingent of imperial troops. I loved the first 2 movies when I was a kid but RotJ just doesnt hold up to them, and no way does it hold up to TDKR. Hardys performance as Bane is better then any actor in any Star Wars movie, and Nolan just does such a great job bringing Gotham to life and showing what a desperate situation it is. I also think Cain is amazing as Alfred in this movie, by far his best of the 3. I loved how in this movie they really gave Batman some awesome toys to play with. I thought that all the backstory stuff with the pit was really well done. In the end I think people like to say that things were better in the old days, and people especially like to complain about stuff online. The budget and the love that goes into the Nolan Batman movies is pretty much unmatched I think in most movies, especially movies by Lucas. By the time RotJ came out Star Wars was already a big deal and I think it is clear that affected things.

Milchjon

What the hell did I miss on OT forum? Was it just a normal anti-mod rant or was it more serious this time?

What are you referring to?

Also, I have a soft spot for ROTJ. It was the first SW movie I'd seen and so there naturally wasn't any disappointment. I even like the Ewoks.

It's funny people bring up Return Of The Jedi when talking about good 3rd movies.

Because in The Dark Knight Rises one of my biggest gripes about the movie is that
Bane doesn't kill Batman rather places him in a "easily escapable situation involving an overly elaborate and exotic death" (Dr. Evil)
whereas in Return of the Jedi
once Luke surrenders it's either "convert or die". There's no stupid bullshit scenario where Luke is unmonitored to escape.

Fucking garbage, schoolhouse writing. Fuck you Goyer, fuck you Nolan.

Did I? :jnc

Chickens say the craziest things!

wtf? why don't you complain about the dark knight when joker could easily kill batman if he wanted to, and he could kill a bunch of other people as well if he wanted to. it's not just about killing people for the joker or bane. bane wanted to break batman, mentally and physically. if you had read the original comic book you'd know that! although the movie doesn't totally follow the comic :D

wtf? why don't you complain about the dark knight when joker could easily kill batman if he wanted to, and he could kill a bunch of other people as well if he wanted to. it's not just about killing people for the joker or bane. bane wanted to break batman, mentally and physically. if you had read the original comic book you'd know that! although the movie doesn't totally follow the comic :D
I have.

They should have picked a hole and stuck with it. Either Knightfall or No Man's Land not both.
Rather it's a garbled mess of a movie with no discernible theme so it needs to ape the one from Begins.

The Joker didn't want to kill Batman - he blatantly expresses this. He wanted Batman to sacrifice his morals and code of ethics so he could see how trivial they were. And outside of the killing part, Batman sacrifices his code, The Joker wins, and that's the joke. He was going to keep on coming until Batman killed him because that's the only way he could be stopped. Unless Heath Ledger's pill habit went overboard and they had to cast Tom Hardy as a replacement villain. Boo.

Sure, Bane wanted to make him suffer or whatever but that's the old tired "I want you to watch the world end" trope. If Bane really wanted Bruce to suffer he would have kidnapped Alfred and iced him in front of him. Tortured him and figured everything out he loved.

It's too big for it's own good and collapses under it's own weight.

Catwoman was pretty cool though.

Tabris

How did Peyton look on his first couple of snaps. I saw he was intercepted, that doesn't concern me, I just want to make sure he looked comfortable in the pocket again. Did he take any hits?

K-19

Banned
Ok guys ...

Tennessee+Titans+v+San+Francisco+49ers+sjNuyI9Hzpel.jpg

I am a niners fan now.

squicken

Ok guys ...

[IG]http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Tennessee+Titans+v+San+Francisco+49ers+sjNuyI9Hzpel.jpg[/IMG]

[SPOLER] I am a niners fan now.[/SPOILER]

Smart man. Patriots are the old, on the way down franchise. 49ers are the team of the next decade

K-19

Banned
Vikings are the team of the next next decade.

God, did you change your support too Dutch? xD

49ers vs Vikings IS imo the best pre-season game we'll see. Some guys talked about the difficulty of the niners to win games because of their offense "less effective" compared to last year. What I see is a fucking good offense with badass guy: Bradon Jacob, Kendall Hunter (aka Flash) and Rock Cartwright. Alex smith has a 100% comp and a pretty good 16 yards rush. Kaepernick only missed 4 throw and make a BEAUTIFUL 78 yards rush. What a team.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
LOL, Brandon Weeden "leads" the Browns to a win over Detroit with a pick and a fumble. The guy who actually led the game winning drive, zero credit

DAT SALT, I don't care if Lewis played against 3rd and 4th stringers

squicken

A Patriots fan and a Packers fan? There couldn't be a more anti-bionic ticket. Which is too bad. If they win he could buy more Macbooks and iPads

eznark

Banned
A Patriots fan and a Packers fan? There couldn't be a more anti-bionic ticket. Which is too bad. If they win he could buy more Macbooks and iPads

Rommey is just like you. He is the king if squickening positions. Im surprised you arent working his campaign.

squicken

Rommey is just like you. He is the king if squickening positions. Im surprised you arent working his campaign.

Rooting against Harbaugh made sense when I thought Bradford could be good. But that doesn't mean it makes sense for everyone else. Or even me, now

Dragon

Banned
Yes us fucking Packer fans and our attention to detail, plot holes, bad acting, and shlocky writing.

There were terrible plot holes in TDK and no one seemed to care because Joker blah blah blah.

Also the things you list don't actually exist in Rises and the ending is phenomenal and perfect so go back to rooting for a QB that just had a worse game than Ryan Mallet!!

eznark

Banned
The Dark Knight was terrible, Heath Ledger sucked at everything and Christian Bale is fucking garbage (as batman). Give me Burton and Keaton and day of the week. Christopher Nolan should have stopped making movies after the Prestige since he will never top it and just tarnishes his reputation with every subsequent movie.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
The Dark Knight was terrible, Heath Ledger sucked at everything and Christian Bale is fucking garbage (as batman). Give me Burton and Keaton and day of the week. Christopher Nolan should have stopped making movies after the Prestige since he will never top it and just tarnishes his reputation with every subsequent movie.

lol. Eznark, you so crazy. Burton was garbage. Phiffer was best Catwoman though.

Dragon

Banned
The first Batman is okay but Batman Returns is just bad. The whole penguin plot with the missiles strapped to their backs is still this day WTF worthy.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Avengers was a more fun and entertaining movie than TDKR. If you disagree you are probably a filthy Bucs fan.
Insane. I was bored for the entire first hour of The Avengers. Once it finally got rolling it was fun but the buildup was ridiculously long.

I was sucked into TDKR from the opening scene.

I saw both movies twice and while I was still into TDKR on the second viewing I played on my phone until the real action on the airship started in Avengers.

Fuck the Prestige, there I said it.

Top Bottom