• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

mjc

I just got back from a fruit stand, bought a gigantic box of peaches. Fruit is food of the gods. I should go back and buy some cherries now.....

Peaches are gross.

Apples should be coming in already but the dry season has screwed up everything. Hmpf.

squicken

You know what really sucks about Uverse, when it goes out it all goes out. Since it's itv. 3rd time in 6 weeks it's down. Probably going to miss the texans game now. Gonna have to rethink this plan. If it goes out in the season I might wellie one of their vehicles

bionic77

Dicaprio was a boss in Blood Diamond. One of the greatest movies ever. Not only was the movie really good but it had the added bonus of teaching us that diamonds are evil. Very important message for those of us in relationships.

Also I would be very wary of accepting a former Pats fan, no matter how brief or fair weather, as a Steelers fan.

I didn't see Blood Diamond, but I can see what you are getting at. He definitely excels at parts where he is more charismatic rather than powerful. If that makes sense. Catch Me If You Can is a good example, so is Gangs of New York. It's part of the reason why I'm excited to see Django Unchained. In short I would agree that certain roles don't fit him well.

I don't mind Dicaprio. Loved the Departed and Catch Me If You Can. Oddly enough, it was Nicholson in the Departed that I thought was a little off his game.

Peaches are gross.

VQCRz.gif

So BP what was the perm request for?

Whenever my older brother comes over to my place he see's that I have neogaf opened in a tab. Ill tell him some things about games or articles on various subjects and when he asks me where I read it, I say neogaf. He thinks its geeky that I talk to people on a message board. Anyways he was over at my place and pulled a dick move and did that to me because he thought it would be funny. I really don't know what the fuck was going on with that.

Dicaprio was a boss in Blood Diamond. One of the greatest movies ever. Not only was the movie really good but it had the added bonus of teaching us that diamonds are evil. Very important message for those of us in relationships.

Also I would be very wary of accepting a former Pats fan, no matter how brief or fair weather, as a Steelers fan.

Blood Diamond is in my top 3 movies of all time, and I also love DiCaprio in the film. Dude was nothing short then fucking amazing in that movie.

squicken

Cards sucks kolb sucks skeltor sucks whiz sucks 49ers sucks harbs rules AT&T sucks steelers suck packers suck Seahawks suck too auto correct die

ChanHuk

Banned
Running low on drinks. Gonna restock at a nearby hospital. We just had Chipotle and got a 50% discount. It's been a good day so far, five hours of sitting in a parking lot helping my partner with his fantasy draft.

What the hell did I miss yesterday that turned everyone into a Niners fan?

I was a Vikings fan for a couple hours. Felt different, I almost rented a boat and hosted a sexparty, but I don't have any female friends nor money for hookers so that would have been awkward.

Running low on drinks. Gonna restock at a nearby hospital. We just had Chipotle and got a 50% discount. It's been a good day so far, five hours of sitting in a parking lot helping my partner with his fantasy draft.

Colleagues and live partners. How romantic.

And that for a CFA lover.

Cards sucks kolb sucks skeltor sucks whiz sucks 49ers sucks harbs rules AT&T sucks steelers suck packers suck Seahawks suck too auto correct die

How can you just turn your back on your favorite teams like that mang? Show a little bit of backbone through the hard times!

Ahhh just saw the Tebow lowlights. Nice to see he still looks like a 5 year old throwing a football.

I remember when Tebow "improved" his mechanics after his junior year.

Then he "improved" his mechanics again right before the NFL combine.

Then he went to USC to work with a baseball coach so they could "improve" his mechanics more.

Actually that's probably where he fucked up. What good QB comes out of USC?

i watched the niners replay on NFLN and after watching it in hd on an actual television (and not some shitty stream) i actually think the defense played ok EXCEPT for our safeties. the blown coverage was whatever, that is goldson's MO. but what was frustrating was donte whitner and giving up those 2 catches to kyle rudolph. frustrating because he had inside help for for some reason he ALSO played to the inside. so rudolph would just go outside and there was no one there. that should've been two easy stops.

all of our lines dominated all the vikings lines. i know the vikings didn't have jared allen in but we didn't have justin smith either and we still wrecked shit up. khalil learned a valuable lesson yesterday. my other concern on D is that scrambling QB's are really giving us problems. we can get to them, but we can't finish the play with a sack. our offensive line mauled the vikings all night. that was good to see. alex boone looked pretty tasty at RG, so we'll see if leonard davis gets his chance against first teamers too.

on offense, alex looked like alex aside from the back shoulder throw in tight coverage. he usually won't risk those but it was a perfect throw and a good catch by swain. i think the only way we can make any noise this year is if alex is willing to take chances. at this point, he is only willing to trust VD. a lot of VD's td's were in tight coverage where alex basically threw it up and gave him a chance to make a play. he just doesn't trust our other receivers and that needs to change or i don't think we have any chance at winning anything meaningful.

backup wise, is it me or did tolzien look better as a PASSER than kaepernick or josh johnson? kaepernick is extremely dangerous with his legs but he still needs a lot of work passing the ball.... and this was just against the vikings 2nd/3rd team! his timing isn't very good (missed a very easy completion to AJ jenkins early) and he kind of has a tendency to just take off. he needs to be patient and have good progression through his reads.

tolzien, meanwhile, showed excellent progression through his reads, showed great accuracy and showed that he can stand and deliver.... edward james olmos style! the perfect throw he made to nathan palmer (napalm if he makes the team!) as he was getting crushed by the safety coming free on the blitz was awesome.... what a shame that palmer dropped it. tolzien also missed an easy TD throw to garrett celek (or it might have been dobson) but they had a screen called and he may not have been looking down field.

best looking wr of the game was kyle williams. not only did he catch the ball with authority and make decisive moves up the field, but he is a tenacious blocker on the edge given his size. as for the rookie wr's, the best looking one was owusu out of stanford. extremely fast and appears to have great hands. aj jenkins made some really tough catches and then dropped routine balls. kind of reminds me of braylon edwards in that regard. i'm not sure how many wr's we will keep but i would guess 6: moss, crabtree, manningham, aj jenkins, teddy ginn, kyle williams. i would love for owusu to get on the practice squad because there will be a spot on our 53 man roster next season

all in all a good performance and much better than the opener last year against the saints. i hope in the next game we see more of lemichael james and some of the other unknowns on this roster. one thing i do know is that there will be quite a few good players we have to cut :(

Slo

Last night I got woken up at 1:30am because some old lady was having trouble pooping and wanted a ride to the hospital. Some might call me a hero, I just call it doing my job.

Top Bottom